Speculation: Flyers interested in Ryan O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Argue value all you want but this is a fact: the only way we are trading ROR is if we get an offer that blows us away. If any team wants him they are going to have to give up a ton, we are under absolutely no pressure to trade him and are perfectly fine to keep him. If you don't want to pay the price that is perfectly fine. You could very well be correct that it wouldn't be worth it for your team, but if you are unwilling to part with that targeting ROR in a trade is a waste of time.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I could see frost and 14 being the basis of a deal. Not unlike the deal Philly got for carter

I want ROR but I don’t think Hextall would move Frost. I’d do 14+19 but I’m not sure if Buffalo would. Recoup a pick+player through Simmonds and you still have most of the assets for a RHD.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Alright alright folks...

Here's what it comes down to: We as Flyers fans feel we have 1C and 2C taken care of. We'd really like a 3C.

3C doesn't usually get paid 7.5 million like O'Reilly does; that pricetag isn't something we have laid out in our brains for the blueprint of this team. We feel we can get a good 3C that will complete our depth 1-3C without needed to pay out the nose for all of them.

This isn't a slight on O'Reilly; we would just rather go a different way (such as Bozak or Stastny on shorter, cheaper deals) since they're in the range of what we need to fill that void. O'Reilly would be great, but not worth overpaying assets for.

So BUF fans: I understand wanting the world for him. However, we're not the team to do it. We're not fully ready to contend nor are we really desperate (like a Montreal).

PenatlyBoxKiller50

Jun 5, 2018
Argue value all you want but this is a fact: the only way we are trading ROR is if we get an offer that blows us away. If any team wants him they are going to have to give up a ton, we are under absolutely no pressure to trade him and are perfectly fine to keep him. If you don't want to pay the price that is perfectly fine. You could very well be correct that it wouldn't be worth it for your team, but if you are unwilling to part with that targeting ROR in a trade is a waste of time.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
You are right. Buffalo doesn’t have to trade ROR. Judging from his end of season comments, ROR is incredibly happy to play in Buffalo and the lockerroom sounds great. Perhaps after another successful season like last year, it will only get better and become a wonderful environment for young players to grow just like Edmonton.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
He's "2nd" behind Eichel in Buffalo, and look how our fanbase values him. :dunno:

And I understand that because he’s a current Buffalo player.

Trading for him, doesn’t make sense to value him as a top liner unless Hextall and company feels he can play RW with giroux and Sean.

Sorry bhd, I didn’t realize you locked this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad