Confirmed with Link: Flyers Hire Patrick Sharp as Special Advisor to Hockey Ops

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sharp has been specifically namechecked as someone who knew and did nothing (By Beach and Boynton, I believe), and Sharp lied and claimed he didn't know in support of the attempted coverup.

That's not rumor, innuendo, or hearsay, it is what happened. As with Failson Briere, it isn't necessary to default to defense of any atrocity committed by anyone with any tie to the Flyers at all.

Stop it. He isn't doing this again is he?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Nothing but a bunch of hearsay upon hearsay, & posters acting like they “know” what they don’t know.

Here IS what we know: Sharp didn’t sexually abuse anybody, & no one has alleged Sharp was a first-hand witness to any sexual abuse.
Didn’t you make assumptions about why Valerie Camilla left without any actual information?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
This organization had the chance to remove themselves from hiring Flyers and a guy who allegedly helped cover up a crime while if they actually did their jobs and conducted a real job searched could have hired Dubas and some other far more capable people.... Sheesh.

The Flyers sound like they are a "yes man" organization.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
This organization had the chance to remove themselves from hiring Flyers and a guy who allegedly helped cover up a crime while if they actually did their jobs and conducted a real job searched could have hired Dubas and some other far more capable people.... Sheesh.

The Flyers sound like they are a "yes man" organization.
seriously what has dubus done? why would want a philosophy like toronto that spends the cap on forwards and doesnt make it out the first round in almost 10 years in his tenure?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have no way of knowing what any individual in the Blackhawks org did or didn’t try to do other than the snippets we’ve gotten. But when we look at all evidence we have of how the Flyers perceive “culture” as a concept, it fits a pattern.

Until proven to me otherwise, the Flyers exist as a living Ship of Theseus experiment.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It'll help with the Chinese market.

He can help find the next President

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have no way of knowing what any individual in the Blackhawks org did or didn’t try to do other than the snippets we’ve gotten. But when we look at all evidence we have of how the Flyers perceive “culture” as a concept, it fits a pattern.

Until proven to me otherwise, the Flyers exist as a living Ship of Theseus experiment.
I mentioned the same thing a year and a half ago when Clarke was on his anti-Hextall propaganda campaign :laugh:

I’m sure you know of the Ship of Theseus thought experiment.

Well what happens when all the previous boards are removed and placed with soggy cardboard, then you find out the old boards are actually rotten termite infested shit wood? What’s left? An unseaworthy boat and a pile of disgusting scrap?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It'll help with the Chinese market.

He can help find the next President

He can help cover up sex crimes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You clearly stole that from Jojo.
bab52b55a56d958f19effb05448b8cbd.png

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Neither is the true ship. Both are the true ship.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
No, but I also made no inference that you claimed to know.

I asked didn't you make assumptions as to why she will not be in the employ of the Flyers as of July 1.
Correct, I didn’t claim to know, & made it clear I didn’t know.

Now compare that to my point about how people were acting about Sharp.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Correct, I didn’t claim to know, & made it clear I didn’t know.

Now compare that to my point about how people were acting about Sharp.

This will be my last post on this topic - feel free to respond if you feel the need to. I highly doubt I will (unless you ask me about my favorite pizza). I'm honestly trying to be as respectful as I can in this response.

1. You've made assumptions about a situation that you have no information about.

2. Other people have made assumptions on a different situation that they have more information about (Boyton specifically identified Sharp as someone who knew to TSN). You also don't know the full opinions of other people here.

3. You acted as if you were morally superior than others because you abstained from making a determination on Sharp.

4. You've done this exact same thing in another situation, and are completely fine with it.

5. You're completely allowed to hold opinions on certain subjects and abstain from developing opinions on other subjects, but to call people out for it kind of makes you a hypocrite.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This will be my last post on this topic - feel free to respond if you feel the need to. I highly doubt I will (unless you ask me about my favorite pizza). I'm honestly trying to be as respectful as I can in this response.

1. You've made assumptions about a situation that you have no information about.

2. Other people have made assumptions on a different situation that they have more information about (Boyton specifically identified Sharp as someone who knew to TSN). You also don't know the full opinions of other people here.

3. You acted as if you were morally superior than others because you abstained from making a determination on Sharp.

4. You've done this exact same thing in another situation, and are completely fine with it.

5. You're completely allowed to hold opinions on certain subjects and abstain from developing opinions on other subjects, but to call people out for it kind of makes you a hypocrite.
Your attempted “gotcha” failed miserably. Next time at least make it analogous.

Reactions: VladDrag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad