Confirmed with Link: Flyers Hire Patrick Sharp as Special Advisor to Hockey Ops

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So we’re going to vilify people for hearing rumors, innuendo, & hearsay now?

Imagine if you had to act on every rumor you overheard or risk future employment.

Sharp has been specifically namechecked as someone who knew and did nothing (By Beach and Boynton, I believe), and Sharp lied and claimed he didn't know in support of the attempted coverup.

That's not rumor, innuendo, or hearsay, it is what happened. As with Failson Briere, it isn't necessary to default to defense of any atrocity committed by anyone with any tie to the Flyers at all.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Honest question, Was it confirmed that Sharp knew? This was 100 confirmed? I'm sincerely asking who followed some of it but not all.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Why do people post things like this as if it's a gotcha?

If people do horrible things, or actively let horrible things happen without taking action, yes there should be consequences for that. This isn't a complicated issue.
I'm not posting it as a gotcha. I'm posting it as a legitimate question. What did Sharpe know in Chicago? What did Hart know in London? It's fair, legitimate questions.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Many people have already talked about this on here. it's an excellent reason to trade him, to boot. Nice try though.
Once again, I'm not posting as a gotcha. I'm posting as a legitimate question. What did Sharpe know? What did Hart know? I'm sure both knew something, but what depth did they know is the question. I think it's a fair question.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not posting it as a gotcha. I'm posting it as a legitimate question. What did Sharpe know in Chicago? What did Hart know in London? It's fair, legitimate questions.
Nick Boynton has stated publicly that "everybody on the team" knew what was happening, and mentioned Sharp as one of the people who should have been talked to (to my reading, this was as part of the investigation, but I could be misreading that sentence. I've tried to keep the details slightly at arm's length, because the subject matter is hard to read.) To the best of my knowledge, we have no evidence as of yet as to what Hart did or did not do or know, but the investigation is going to be made public soon, and we will know how to respond when that happens.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
So we’re going to vilify people for hearing rumors, innuendo, & hearsay now?

Imagine if you had to act on every rumor you overheard or risk future employment.
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Nick Boynton has stated publicly that "everybody on the team" knew what was happening, and mentioned Sharp as one of the people who should have been talked to (to my reading, this was as part of the investigation, but I could be misreading that sentence. I've tried to keep the details slightly at arm's length, because the subject matter is hard to read.) To the best of my knowledge, we have no evidence as of yet as to what Hart did or did not do or know, but the investigation is going to be made public soon, and we will know how to respond when that happens.
See that I didn't know. I knew that Kane, Towes, and Keith were mentioned, but I honestly did not know Sharpe's name was on the list.

As for Hart, much like Chicago, he would have heard who was involved. I don't believe for one second that none of those young men involved talked about what happened that night. They're hockey boys. I grew up with them in small town Ontario. Those kind of exploits were not only talked about, they were encouraged. Minor hockey really is kind of a cesspool, no matter how much people may believe it's being cleaned up. Hell, I still live in small town Ontario and the sexual exploits are still part and parcel of what's happening.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Wow.....the awful lot of unsubstantiated assumptions thread .....screen names boost opinions, eh ?
Nothing but a bunch of hearsay upon hearsay, & posters acting like they “know” what they don’t know.

Here IS what we know: Sharp didn’t sexually abuse anybody, & no one has alleged Sharp was a first-hand witness to any sexual abuse.

Reactions: Breeze 44

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I mean for the sake of clarity, we don’t n ie that Carter Hart is in the same situation as Sharp or Toews etc. if it turns out he is then yes of course.

I’m gonna guess I’m in a minority, but I’m pretty glad we didn’t have to root for Patrick Kane all these years, would have been rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad