Confirmed with Link: Flyers Hire Patrick Sharp as Special Advisor to Hockey Ops

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Oof come on. I guess they are just replacing the Clarke, Barber, et al. brain trust with a newer, less prolific brain trust of Jones, Sharp, and Briere? At least maybe they will be more in tune with current hockey trends?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Special Advisor to Hockey Ops “with a strong focus on player development with Flyers prospects.”

Seems to make sense in a player development role. Turned himself into a very good player. Also knows the league, which never hurts.

Jonesy knows him well, so I trust his judgment that Sharp will be an asset.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Always liked Sharp on and off the ice. He's not really much of a former Flyer. He left 19 years ago. He played twice as many NHL games with the Dallas Stars and I forgot he even ended his career there. I am more concerned with the NBC connection to Jones. Either way, he spent the vast majority of his career with a Dynasty in Chicago, so hopefully he acquired some experience there that can help us. Unless that experience is "sweeping sexual assault under the rug" experience.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
He always spoke well, seemed insightful in the booth. I’m still not a believer but I kind of want to root for them again.

Give me Kimmo and Mike Knuble next.

Always liked Sharp on and off the ice. He's not really much of a former Flyer. Played twice as many NHL games with the Dallas Stars and I forgot he even ended his career there. I am more concerned with the NBC connection to Jones. Either way, he spent the vast majority of his career with a Dynasty in Chicago, so hopefully he acquired some experience there that can help us. Unless that experience is "sweeping sexual assault under the rug" experience.
Experience is experience.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A problem all its own.

On that front:

"In May, Beach sued the team for what happened to him. The team said nothing. Two former players didn't stay silent. Both Boynton and Sopel spoke out in the press and said everyone in the locker room knew. Boynton, per TSN, went so far as to say: “I said everybody f***ing knew about it. I said you can talk to the coaches. … I said, talk to Torch [former assistant coach John Torchetti]. I called out Brian Campbell, and said talk to Patrick Sharp and talk to Kaner [Patrick Kane]. …The training staff knew. I’m sick of this wall of silence.”"

They eject one Scum-Unit and haul in another.

perfectly-balanced-thanos.gif

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Liam McHugh and Kathryn Tappan will probably be hired for Communications and Public Relations jobs?

Brian Boucher for Player Development?
At least Boucher is a smart hockey mind and actually had talent

Don't ask for what you don't want.

Seriously, though. I'm really trying to give them a shot to earn some trust back, but am having a hard time believing anything has changed when it's always an ex-flyer. Granted, he's much more of a Hawk, but that has its own issues.
I actually really like this hire, he's really smart, and he's apparently going to be in charge of prospects, and he's crazy hockey smart, so I will not knock this move, regardless of him being an ex flyer

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
On that front:

"In May, Beach sued the team for what happened to him. The team said nothing. Two former players didn't stay silent. Both Boynton and Sopel spoke out in the press and said everyone in the locker room knew. Boynton, per TSN, went so far as to say: “I said everybody f***ing knew about it. I said you can talk to the coaches. … I said, talk to Torch [former assistant coach John Torchetti]. I called out Brian Campbell, and said talk to Patrick Sharp and talk to Kaner [Patrick Kane]. …The training staff knew. I’m sick of this wall of silence.”"

They eject one Scum-Unit and haul in another.

perfectly-balanced-thanos.gif
Oh great. I didn't realize he was part of that mess. UGH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad