Confirmed with Link: Flyers Hire Patrick Sharp as Special Advisor to Hockey Ops

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Reminder that Sharp tried to help keep it covered up. The Flyers are really something else at "culture."

"Beach's testimony also refutes claims by former Blackhawks players that they were unaware of these allegations while playing for the team back in 2010. Since the initial report of Beach's allegations broke, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, and team captain Jonathan Toews, among others, have all said they had no knowledge of the events at the time. "

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Reminder that Sharp tried to help keep it covered up. The Flyers are really something else at "culture."

"Beach's testimony also refutes claims by former Blackhawks players that they were unaware of these allegations while playing for the team back in 2010. Since the initial report of Beach's allegations broke, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, and team captain Jonathan Toews, among others, have all said they had no knowledge of the events at the time. "

f***ing disgusting... f*** these f*** people into the f***ing sun...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
On that recent podcast where Shaw made some stupid comments he did say he was aware of the allegations but so were Bowman & Quenneville. He said he was under the assumption they handled it with people above them. So he never really gave it much thought beyond that as he thought the organization took care of it.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Oh please, he was mostly a Blackhawk.
I actually really like this hire, he's really smart, and he's apparently going to be in charge of prospects, and he's crazy hockey smart, so I will not knock this move, regardless of him being an ex flyer
Admittedly, I'm probably being unfair here due more to others than him.

The Hawks ties are another story though, as @Beef Invictus mentioned.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

We know several players went to the staff. Sopel says they got upper managment to have a meeting partially because of players talking to the skills coach about it, who went to Bowman and McDonough. It's still weird to blame players for something here.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I don't hate this. Hiring Patrick Sharp for this role still makes more sense than hiring Jonsey as PoHO which i still can't believe happened.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We know several players went to the staff. Sopel says they got upper managment to have a meeting partially because of players talking to the skills coach about it, who went to Bowman and McDonough. It's still weird to blame players for something here.

Because some of the players went along with the coverup. Like Sharp, who tried to pretend with others that it wasn't common knowledge.

I wonder if he was one of the teammates who mocked Beach?

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I'm okay with this hire . He was an ok player and tuned himself into a pretty good one . Hopefully he can do the same with some of the prospects .

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

f*** him

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Great hockey discussion.

Can we fire up an all-encompassing virtue signaling thread.

Sure - and you just kicked it off as far as I'm concerned.

Culture is very important to an organization & if Patrick Sharp knew what happened to one of the young players in the system (Kyle Beach) but didn't blow the lid off, are you *sure* you want THAT guy helping build the culture here?

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Because some of the players went along with the coverup. Like Sharp, who tried to pretend with others that it wasn't common knowledge.

I wonder if he was one of the teammates who mocked Beach?
When did he do that? Is there any interview report of what he's said on the topic? You posted a quote talking about Kane, but what did Sharp ever say? Did he ever deny knowing? There's such a flood of assumptions people go on.

It's weird seeing comments, oh he knew about Beach.. okay so? Are you mad at Brent Sopel? He knew. Are you upset he didn't go against Kyle Beach’s desire and make it public? We know players did do something, so saying they knew in the playoffs or not doesn't mean anything.

Questioning the mocking/bullying is a fair concern. I wish more players were asked about that occurrence.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Another exhaustive search turns up a former Flyer who worked with Keith Jones on TV and played on the Clarke and Co fingerprinted Flyers
#shocked....

#onbrand

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well, if Patrick Sharp is being crucified for what happened in Chicago, should we also be crucifying Carter Hart for what happened in London?
Why do people post things like this as if it's a gotcha?

If people do horrible things, or actively let horrible things happen without taking action, yes there should be consequences for that. This isn't a complicated issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad