Jan 27, 2010
They had the dmen in this order:
Morin
Mueller
Zadorov
Nurse
Risto
Morrisey

They had Morin 6th overall...ahead of ****ing Monahan.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Screen_Shot_2013_08_06_at_7_11_46_PM.png

Lol, idiots forgot to blur it at 4:27.

Very interesting for sure, though! They were very high on Mueller it appears. Had him right under Morin. I like that kid, too. Wouldn't have been disappointed with him. Or Morrissey. Only guy I didn't like was Pulock and it looks like they agree.

EDIT: Wow, Risto at #12...

EDIT #2: I should've finished watching...

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I thought it was well done. Sucks that they blurred out the board, but at least you could get a feel for what they were aiming for at #9.

Thought it was neat that they compared Monahan to Couturier, because I made that comparison in the past.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
They had the dmen in this order:
Morin
Mueller
Zadorov
Nurse
Risto
Morrisey

They had Morin 6th overall...ahead of ****ing Monahan.

Well, at least Holmgren knows what's up with forwards. The "you guys are fading fast" comment seems to be directly linked to Monahan dropping down the list.

My list of those...

1. Ristolainen
2. Nurse
3. Morrissey
4. Morin
5. Mueller
6. Zadorov

Basically, my board is the Flyers' defensive draft board flipped on its head.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
I had Nichushkin as Do Not Draft and it looks like the Flyers might have as well.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I will also note that the consensus seems to be that Morin has the most upside out of those defensemen. I'm not necessarily going to disagree with that. He's younger than them, and as was mentioned, he understands more of what he is than some of the other defensemen mentioned, including Nurse.

It seems that they didn't not like Ristolainen as much as Mueller, which is sort of bizarre to me.

Ah well, this is all pretty interesting stuff, and some are going to be outraged at where they would've selected Morin compared to the board. I'm not sure what to think, but I do know this...I think Hagg cements the draft for us, but Morin is still the better better prospect regardless of where those two respectively finish within our organization.

I also consider Nurse, Ristolainen, and Morrissey better prospects than Morin, but I only have those there.

And Hagg was a huge win in my book because I'm not so sure I have him after guys like Zadorov, Mueller (who the Flyers loved), and others.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I think Monahan dropping on our board had more to do with having a carbon copy of him already in Couturier. I know the Flyers don't draft for need necessarily, but I think they also realize they have no reason to pick up something they already have when there was some great talent available on D.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
I enjoyed that. Really good to see Pronger in the room.

I'm really looking forward to their reasoning for picking Goulbourne.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Ack. I kept changing my post on page 2 without realizing you guys are posting behind me.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Also interesting that they had Lindholm ahead of Barkov.

Interesting but not surprising in my opinion. I like Lindholm personally better than Barkov. I like Monahan over both.

The Monahan slight, the love the Mueller, and the Ristolainen as an after thought were the three most surprising things involved in that video.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I enjoyed that. Really good to see Pronger in the room.

I'm really looking forward to their reasoning for picking Goulbourne.

I'm curious about Pronger's silence though. He was fairly quiet, almost as if he's more of an intern learning about the front office as opposed to a scout putting in his own opinion as to the players we're looking to draft.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Monahan dropping on our board had more to do with having a carbon copy of him already in Couturier. I know the Flyers don't draft for need necessarily, but I think they also realize they have no reason to pick up something they already have when there was some great talent available on D.

The consensus with Monahan he'll be playing in the NHL next year with Couturier & Laughton in the fold the need wasn't that great. My guess if he fell to #11 the Flyers might've tried to move out & pickup some assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad