Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I can forgive you for the low cost of 75 US dollars.

wimpy.jpg

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
Does anyone know if they are just going to be like 5 minute webisodes or legit 20-30 minute episodes? Aren't those Oil Change videos the Oilers do like 45 minutes?

RJ8812*

Does anyone know if they are just going to be like 5 minute webisodes or legit 20-30 minute episodes? Aren't those Oil Change videos the Oilers do like 45 minutes?

I would assume they're going to be about an hour long. What's the point of doing 5 minute episodes for something like this?

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
This is what SanFilippo said

Twitter
@Say_yeah91
@AnthonySan37 how long will each episode be?
__

@AnthonySan37
@Say_yeah91 We're starting short: 8-10 minutes… but I could see them getting longer down the road.

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
This is what SanFilippo said

Twitter

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I wasn't really expecting hour long 24/7 type episodes with HBO production values, but I was hoping for more than just a 5 minute quick look. Hopefully they get some good inside access in those 8-10 minutes and build on it going forward.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
"The pilot episode, titled The War Room will give viewers insider access into the strategies and discussions for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft that took place in June. The episode centers around a meeting 48 hours before the draft. Director of Scouting Chris Pryor leads the discussion with input from General Manager Paul Holmgren and the chief scouts affiliated with the organization to determine the final rankings of the draft eligible players and zero in on which ones would best fit the team’s future needs."

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679601&navid=DL|PHI|home

So pumped for this tonight. Can't wait to hear what Holmgren, Pryor and the scouts have to say about the players.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I wonder if we will see them adjusting their off season plans leading into free agency with Vinny L being bought out. Maybe not this episode, but they will probably have a free agency episode too I hope. That will give us a great look at what they intend to do rolling into the FA period.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I wonder if we will see them adjusting their off season plans leading into free agency with Vinny L being bought out. Maybe not this episode, but they will probably have a free agency episode too I hope. That will give us a great look at what they intend to do rolling into the FA period.

It would be funny to find out that Holmgren's signing of Lecavalier was akin to the disinterested schlub buying a painting at an auction while he was trying to flag down a waiter.

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
really?

-the draft
-deciding to buy-out Bryz & Briere
-signing Emery and Lecavalier

If it's being sponsored by the Flyers I doubt they touch the buyouts. We'll have a better idea of what these things are going to be like after tonight's episode but I think they'll be more like 10 minute puff pieces than actual insider views.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Any direct link to this?

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=772&id=263517&lang=en

Nm.

Okay, that was awesome.

They talk "just like we do."

They liked Morin more then Mueller. They liked Morin's nastiness, although Greig had Mueller higher-- but they agree Morin has more upside "if he hits". Also thought that Morin knows what he is more than Nurse, but is more of a project. Like that Morin is 6'8 and mean. Consensus is Morin is the pick.

They change the chart and move Morin up:

Morin
Mueller
Zad
Nurse
Risto
Monahan
Morrisey

Them moving Monahan so far down, Homer remarks that they're fading under pressure of choice.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2