Flyers' Draft Day Recap (part 4)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's a little bit surprising. I guess Nashville had a little (a lot) say in that matter. The kid would have gotten a lot of ice time in a professional league. He is going to tear up the Q. Quebec is also hosting the Memorial Cup so I guess that pitch didn't hurt either. Probably a one and done guy.

Yeah I just read an article about it, he's pretty open to it but doesn't mind going back the SHL but ultimately Nashville will make the decision for him.

There's rumors that Pavel Zacha (top 2015 kid) might be crossing the pond as well so it might be a pretty star studded draft.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd love to be able to trade some of our dead weight (aka defense) for 2015 picks... even if we had to include a pick too. Like Xplayer + 4th for a 2nd.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah I just read an article about it, he's pretty open to it but doesn't mind going back the SHL but ultimately Nashville will make the decision for him.

There's rumors that Pavel Zacha (top 2015 kid) might be crossing the pond as well so it might be a pretty star studded draft.

Yeah doesn't look like Zacha is signed to play anywhere and the Czech league isn't what it used to be. He seems like a guy that could benefit a ton from the exposure of the CHL (not that he isn't already a good prospect). The import draft lost a little appeal to me now that they can't draft goalies (damn Canadians and their goalie development :sarcasm:) but it still should be interesting.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah doesn't look like Zacha is signed to play anywhere and the Czech league isn't what it used to be. He seems like a guy that could benefit a ton from the exposure of the CHL (not that he isn't already a good prospect). The import draft lost a little appeal to me now that they can't draft goalies (damn Canadians and their goalie development :sarcasm:) but it still should be interesting.

Yeah now they're going after American goalies much younger now & the majority of them don't want to give up their NCAA eligibility early since the don't exactly know where they stand with the NHL.

London for example is trying to put the full court press on some 16 year old from the US for next year since there's not really much left with Stolarz leaving instead of having the option of plucking an older goalie from Euro to buy them an extra year for other options to open up.

It's a stupid rule that doesn't really benefit anybody. If you want better goalies than step up your development in that area in the younger leagues. The US, Finns, & Swedes aren't struggling to develop goalies take some notes from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad