Post-Game Talk: FLYERS CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT; GIROUX HAT TRICK| #82 | Rangers 0 at FLYERS 5 | Sat., Apr. 7, 2018

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
no. G coots raffl
lindblom patrick voracek
tk flip simmer
Weal Laughton Read

If flip can just for one series turn back the clock and look like an nhler that will be one hell of a forward group.

I do not disagree, but, do you think Hakstol will bench Jori for Jordan?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was going to change my username to Wrong just for you, Striiker, until I saw that I couldn't change it back for 365 days.

Tagline changed instead.
:laugh: I didn’t want anything that drastic. Everyone’s wrong from time to time (not me, of course, but other people. I’ve never been wrong in my entire life).

I’m just trying to point out that there’s no point in making definitive negative statements when things aren’t finished. I can understand not being optimistic, but saying everything is over with 10+ games to go is a bit overboard.

Last edited:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I just wish we wernt playing the pens. Not because i dont think we can beat them, but if we do lose, its those assholes that gloat like whiney cretins for the entire of next season.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It's probably going to be torture but if the Flyers could end the Pens' attempt at a 3-peat it'll be so sweet.

Most likely it'll just be more fodder for the Fire Hakstol thread, but who knows.

Reactions: Rebels57

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Imagine if they beat the Pens somehow and then have to go against the the Caps. Will their 2nd round curse work in our favor?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If that happens the Caps will be so grateful they don't have to lose to the Pens again they might just concede.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
For the first time this season there is very little Hakstol bashing around here... I would have expected something like "but with a competent coach we easily would have made 110 points".

So many crows to swallow...

Well, besides that it actually is nice to see that so many of us here still know how to enjoy the moment. Colorado clinching was the perfect topping and the pick will contribute to our future.

Even a sweep could not take that away.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For the first time this season there is very little Hakstol bashing around here...

I would have expected something like "but with a competent coach we easily would havemade 110 points".

Well, besides that it actually is nice to see that so many of us here still know how to enjoy the moment. Colorado clinching was the perfect topping and will add to our future.
Either you don’t know what that term means or you don’t realize that nothing anyone said about Hakstol was wrong and that they obviously made the playoffs in spite of him.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Making the playoffs doesn't validate Hakstol in any way.

There's a ton of parity in the NHL; the Sens took the Pens to Game 7 in the ECF a year ago and the Avs had 48 points. Literally any team in the league can make the playoffs in a given year, and if 5 of your best players have career years, that's the minimum that should happen.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Flyers beat a trash team when God-mode Giroux put the team on his back... THANKS HAKSTOL!

Yeah but it only took 82 games to clinch with no. 2 in scoring, no.4 in assists, no. 1 in goals among D and no. 4 in points among D so maybe I should just praise dat talent utilization

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
no. G coots raffl
lindblom patrick voracek
tk flip simmer
Weal Laughton Read

If flip can just for one series turn back the clock and look like an nhler that will be one hell of a forward group.
There is zero reason to keep Raffl in 1st line. Raffl wont boost their offense and Coots and G are good defensively. Also Flip and Simmer won't produce even with TK so putting Raffl there makes little to no difference offensively and makes that line better defensively. Our only chance against pit is that our top6 outscores pit's top 6 and bottom 6 plays good D.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah but it only took 82 games to clinch with no. 2 in scoring, no.4 in assists, no. 1 in goals among D and no. 4 in points among D so maybe I should just praise dat talent utilization
And even then the idiot buries Konecny, our best goal scorer since New Years (before Giroux's hat trick), on a line with two completely useless players.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
And even then the idiot buries Konecny, our best goal scorer since New Years (before Giroux's hat trick), on a line with two completely useless players.

But yesterday was quiet with all the clinch happiness so I will eat a lot of crow

Edit - I'm feeling a confused like there so I will just add this is sarcasm.

Last edited:
Reactions: JXC and Striiker

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
saying everything is over with 10+ games to go is a bit overboard.

No, these are overboard:

I am now actively rooting for this team to choke and miss the playoffs. I hate to be that guy but holy **** is this team just not ready. Way too ****ing slow.
To make matters worse I bet to all Hell we're going to pick Serron Noel with our 17th pick and trade our second for like a second and a ****ing thrd. **** this garbage team and garbage coach

Team is over 50% trash with 100% trash coaches, cant reward this ****, need ro show that it doesnt work. Only thing I care about is Giroux having a good finish to the year, if he drags the trash to the playoffs so be it.

**** this team. I hope they lose out with Giroux getting 8 more points.

Damn it all to hell.
I hope they embarrass themselves the rest of the year.
I need this ******* fired this offseason, not ten games into next year.

If they missed the playoffs I wouldn't cry. I would laugh. Laugh hard and expect Hakstol to be fired with a one way ticket out of Philly.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
For the first time this season there is very little Hakstol bashing around here... I would have expected something like "but with a competent coach we easily would have made 110 points".

Well, besides that it actually is nice to see that so many of us here still know how to enjoy the moment. Colorado clinching was the perfect topping and the pick will contribute to our future.

Even a sweep could not take that away.
Yes yes yes!!!!

Reactions: marcsson68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad