Post-Game Talk: FLYERS CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT; GIROUX HAT TRICK| #82 | Rangers 0 at FLYERS 5 | Sat., Apr. 7, 2018

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
I'm more of a fine wine guy.

Two_Buck_Chuck_for_sale.jpg

There is nothing more American than a wine you can buy by the case that is cheaper than a cube of Bud Light.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
If Hak is set on keeping Raffl on the first line I would try:

G-Couts-Raffl
Lindblom-Patrick-TK
Laughton-Flip-Jake
Read-Lehtera-Simmonds

That gives you the best chance for 3 lines that can score in my opinion, just get Jake to feed Laughton prime chances so he can utilize his shot, both Konecny and Patrick are at the point I think they can play togetger now too. Konecny wont have to carry his line which he isnt really capable of yet. Fourth line is the fourth line.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If Hak is set on keeping Raffl on the first line I would try:

G-Couts-Raffl
Lindblom-Patrick-TK
Laughton-Flip-Jake
Read-Lehtera-Simmonds

That gives you the best chance for 3 lines that can score in my opinion, just get Jake to feed Laughton prime chances so he can utilize his shot, both Konecny and Patrick are at the point I think they can play togetger now too. Konecny wont have to carry his line which he isnt really capable of yet. Fourth line is the fourth line.

no. G coots raffl
lindblom patrick voracek
tk flip simmer
Weal Laughton Read

If flip can just for one series turn back the clock and look like an nhler that will be one hell of a forward group.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Be warned, it can cause a crippling hangover.

It's so good though

Sweet things always do. Need Kraken or Myers and Mexican Coke with some fresh limes. That summertime smooth.

I had a terrible week at work and was cooking tacos last night so I bought a fifth of Pepe Lopez and some generic margarita mix. The crap tequila is gone, I'm still awake, and I can feel the hangover already. Just stick to beer, everybody.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Make your Margarita's with half and half squeezed lime juice (from fresh limes) and limeade mix (for the sugar), and Horintos tequila (top shelf is too good), and Triple Sec unless you're flush, then go with Cointreau. Stay away from cheap Tequila, it's bad for your health and it's often not real Tequila (i.e. not from Blue Agave).

horintos-horintos-reposado-200ml.jpg

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Some info pertaining to the final game...

Selke candidate Sean Couturier was plus-4 and finished with a plus-34 rating. That’s the highest plus-minus for a Flyer at the end of a season since 1998-99, when Eric Lindros was plus-35. Pending the end of tonight’s schedule, he is tied for third in the NHL.​

Source: Sam Carchidi
============================

Claude Giroux is the fourth different player in history to score a hat trick in a season finale and first since Brian Propp on April 5, 1987 vs. NYI.

Source: National Hockey League
=============================

The NHL Flyers are the fourth team in NHL history to clinch a playoff berth despite suffering a winless streak of 10+ games in the regular season, joining the Rangers (1961-62), Maple Leafs (1966-67) and Flames (1985-86).​

Source: National Hockey League

================================

Fastest two goals in team history (less than 10 seconds apart)

SecondsFirst scorerSecond scorerDate Score
6RafflGirouxApril 7, 2018Rangers 0 at Flyers 5
7ReadLauridsenApril 23, 2013Bruins 2 at Flyers 5
7ManthaRon SutterDecember 27, 1988Flyers 3 at Capitals 4
7BrownProppDecember 2, 1986Blues 1 at Flyers 7
8 FlockhartFlockhartDecember 6, 1981Blues 2 at Flyers 8
8LeachDunlop December 17, 1978 Blues 1 at Flyers 4
8GendronLesukJanuary 21, 1971Canadiens 5 at Flyers 5
9SinisaloHachbornMarch 10, 1985Penguins 4 at Flyers 11
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Ad