Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2021

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This could shape up to be a pretty fun draft. I really have no idea what draft rankings to trust and it's making this pick very difficult. I am torn on picking one of the guys I didn't expect to be here in this spot or one of the guys I love but this seems way too early to pick by consensus because who the heck knows this year.

Mason McTavish - C/W - Petes
craig-mactavish-1996-53.jpg

edit: just realizing @FLYguy3911 is up next which would have made me change my pick :(
Change it because now I don't know who I'm picking.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I can feel the onset of doom. And hurried YouTube scouting.

Yeah, don't be me and let the three people on your list get taken and then peer pressure yourself based on consensus over limited observation.

I am torn on picking one of the guys I didn't expect to be here in this spot or one of the guys I love but this seems way too early to pick by consensus because who the heck knows this year.

Where was this reasonable advice when I was picking?

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Sorry. I was just getting some curls in.

Montreal selects Fyodor Svechkov and prays he doesn't forget to play offense like German Rubtsov before him
Haha I actually thought it through and I’m glad I didn’t take my guy just to see how far down he falls. Honestly if he had fewer concerns I’d be more inclined to take him. I did have Scechkov in my queue but I haven’t watched enough to know how concerned we should be about the offense. Lots of 5v5 points!

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Haha I actually thought it through and I’m glad I didn’t take my guy just to how far down he falls. Honestly if he had fewer concerns I’d be more inclined to take him. I did have Scechkov in my queue but I haven’t watched enough to know how concerned we should be about the offense. Lots of 5v5 points!
Primary assist rate off the charts!

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
The St. Louis Blues would like to congratulate the Montreal Canadiens on their Stanley Cup Win and thank all our fans at our watch party at Pappy's Smokehouse BBQ.

With the 18th pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues select from the Chicago Steel, Matthew Coronato.

@BigToe on the clock

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The St. Louis Blues would like to congratulate the Montreal Canadiens on their Stanley Cup Win and thank all our fans at our watch party at Pappy's Smokehouse BBQ.

With the 18th pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues select from the Chicago Steel, Matthew Coronato.

@BigToe on the clock
Was that the best player available?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Our board has two players on it, but Nashville prefers to take the moonshots when it's close. What better way to start than the linemate of a guy often ranked much higher, Mackie Samoskevich of the USHL's Chicago Steel.

Can he play Center? I don't care. If I'm picking this late and I can have that transition play, puckhandling at speed, edge work, and offensive vision, I'll find a spot for him.

@BernieParent Whatever you do next, I'm sure it will make more sense than Holland's plan.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Oilers GM Ken Holland strode into the team boardroom, packed with the executives and other personnel preparing for the 2021 draft. The NHL draft was streaming on a big screen on one wall, sound turned off. The room went quiet as Holland's lackey put his binder, assortment of pens, and his mug of "coffee" at his place at the head of the table.

20190507-IK-009.jpg

"This season was FILLED with promise. BUT IT WENT TO [BLEEP] IN A [BLEEP]ING HANDBASKET!!!!" he yelled, pounding the table. Some of the coffee spilled and immediately removed the enamel from the table.

"WE. WILL. NOT. HAVE. ANOTHER. 2021! And that begins now. And the entire hockey world knows it because of the skill of this franchise. Show them, Peebles."

The lackey pushed a button on the remote and the monitor at the far end of the room turned on, revealing:

"Anal eye tics. We are one of only two franchises who built their WHOLE ROSTER with anal eye tics. Top to bottom with our ..."

"Excuse me, sir?"

"WHAT???"

"The word is pronounced 'anal-it-ics'."

"I DON'T CARE IF IT'S PRONOUNCED [BLEEP]IN' [BLEEP] IN A TROUGH OF [BLEEP]!!!!! WE DO IT AND WE ARE THE BEST! WHERE'S MY ANALLY-TUCKS GUYS?"

" You fired them, sir."

"What? When?"

"When you demanded a second entrance into your wine cellar last October. Right through their offices."

"Well [BLEEP] I did. [BLEEP]. But we have their notes, right?"

"You, uhhh, burned everything in the department in front of them, sir. You wanted to show that they did, and I quote, '[BLEEP] meaningless [BLEEP]-bucket finger-counting' and you refused to give them any severance."

"Hmm, I do remember something like that [chuckle]. Okay, well, listen up, compu-geeks. My instructions are very simple. FIND ME ANOTHER MC-[BLEEP]IN-DAVID!!"

"But, sir, Connor is a generational talent and we had the first overall ..."

"DID I ASK FOR EXCUSES? DO I PAY YOU $2 OVER MINIMUM WAGE TO MAKE EASY DECISIONS?!? WE NEED A STAR."

Nobody moved or even dared look around.

"WELL, who do we have?????"

One young intern was pushed out of his chair, grabbed the table to not tumble to the ground, and meekly stood up.

"Given the ... picks made by the ... ohh, my stomach ... to date, sir, we are reasonably expectant about ..."

"YOUR JOB IS NOT 'REASONABLY EXPECTANT', DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I want you to be [BLEEP]sure. Are you [BLEEP]sure about your pick, junior?"

"Well, umm, I ..." the young intern said, his eyes darting around the room. "The numbers are ..."

"ARE YOU [BLEEP]SURE? TELL ME YOU ARE [BLEEP]SURE OR WALK OUT OF THAT DOOR AND KEEP WALKING!"

"I ... uhh, we ... are [BLEEP]s-s-sure that you should pick this player, sir." The intern handed Holland a piece of paper and promptly passed out.

"We are up next, sir," a voice said, pointing all to the live feed.

Holland stood at the podium, as lackeys adjusted the camera and microphone.

"You're live ... now, sir," one of them whispered.

"Thank you, GARRR-RY. The Edmonton Oilers are proud to grace yet another NHL draft with our presence, despite your non-response to my numerous demands over the past season. Let's make this short and sweet: the Oilers have used their world-renowned annual-attics to select, from the Winnipeg Ice of the WHL, defenseman Carson Lambos.

"Okay that's done," Holland growled, raising his middle finger toward the screen. "Send the spoiled brat his jersey, do the usual blood tests, and get me more 'coffee'." He then turned and stomped out of the room.

"Sir, the feed is still live."

"I know."

@Haanz, you are up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Our board has two players on it, but Nashville prefers to take the moonshots when it's close. What better way to start than the linemate of a guy often ranked much higher, Mackie Samoskevich of the USHL's Chicago Steel.

Can he play Center? I don't care. If I'm picking this late and I can have that transition play, puckhandling at speed, edge work, and offensive vision, I'll find a spot for him.

@BernieParent Whatever you do next, I'm sure it will make more sense than Holland's plan.

I came this close to taking him with mine. That's my other guy. It was just too high for me to go for him. Because I'm a coward.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
After doing a double take to make sure this player is, in fact, still on the board, the New Jersey Devils sprint to the podium to select one of their top-ranked prospects, Cole Sillinger.

9059.jpg

New Jersey Devils Selections
4) Jesper Wallstedt, G, Luleå HF (SHL)
22) Cole Sillinger, C, Sioux Falls (USHL)

@Hexy4 is on the clock. PM sent.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
After doing a double take to make sure this player is, in fact, still on the board, the New Jersey Devils sprint to the podium to select one of their top-ranked prospects, Cole Sillinger.

9059.jpg

New Jersey Devils Selections
4) Jesper Wallstedt, G, Luleå HF (SHL)
22) Cole Sillinger, C, Sioux Falls (USHL)

@Hexy4 is on the clock. PM sent.

I waffled between Lambos and Sillinger, and even had Sillinger's name in the write-up for a few minutes. Thought the Oil could use a Dman.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Damn you both. Sillinger and Pinelli were my two targets for centres that I had hoped would be available at 25.

Fortunately my third option, who I think has top-10 talent but Jake Virtanen level effort and consistency is still on the board, and with opportunities to take swings in the first round, the Columbus Blue Jackets select

Zachary Bolduc

1187412764.jpg.0.jpg

We take it as a good sign seeing a top prospect in that Rimouski sweater, but it's probably a bad sign that 90% of the image search returns for him are the above lazy swooping turn at centre ice with nobody around.

@SanBlom is up, PM sent.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
You ever do something, then find out exactly 2 minutes later that you f***ed up? Yeah, me neither.

I had a post all written out about how excited I was to see Tuomaala at 27... until he wasn't available at 27. I'm curious @SanBlom - if I had taken Tuomaala at 25, would Bolduc be your pick? Please say yes so I can sleep tonight.

Preamble aside, the Jackets stroll back to the podium before their long break and are proud to select

Simon Robertsson

Simon-Robertsson-Skellefte%C3%A5.jpg

Oh good, a shooter! My scouting this year may or may not be entirely based on the results in a google image search for each player.

@SnS and the Avs are up, somehow picking at 28 after winning the Cup? Weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad