Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2021

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
566048-1536864832-wide.jpg

Pierre Dorion: Hot damn, back in the saddle again and ready to draft. Job is good - Mr. Melnyk is still on his cruise, things have been quiet, we ended the season playing really well. Personally, I've been doing good staying on this 12 step program, staying clean and sober during this pandemic. What could go wrong? It's clear I'm going to do great toda-

*looks at the draft board*

tenor.gif

THAT BOARD BROKE EXACTLY THE WAY I DID NOT WANT IT TO.

Mactavish!

upload_2021-6-3_13-59-52.png

Peter MacTavish: Yessir?

Pierre: Fetch. my. flask.
PM: You could just take the guy with my last name.
Pierre: Look Peter, I could "just take" anyone. This pick put me at the break I don't want to be, have a top 10 pick, don't have top 10 confidence because not one of my picks slipped. Fetch my flask and I'll sort this one out before your return, but I need something to get me through.
PM: Yessir!

Pierre: Okay, okay, keep it cool Pierre. You can go for a consensus top 10 guy who fits a positional need in the organization, even if you don't believe in him. So what if the IQ isn't there...tools! size! skating! Just let the peer pressure envelop you. No one is going to do well in this draft Pierre, it's a total crapshoot. Just hold your nose, make the pick and pray.

tenor.gif

PierreGollum: Going to fail!

Pierre: No, we're not going back to that bit. I can do this!

AGGGHHHHHHH....okay, the Senators are pleased to select with the 10th pick from Frölunda LD Simon Edvinsson.

Simon-Edvinsson-3759405352-1605289173195.jpg

Mactavish better get back with that drink soon. This is going to be a long one.

Arizona forfeits, so Chicago and @GKJ are up!

Ottawa Senators
1 - 10 - Simon Edvinsson, LD, Frölunda, (Allsvenskan)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Snipe me? Put the f***ing bong down :laugh: We are on entirely different wavelengths. Georgie, take the wheel.

iPSbgPq.gif

There is an extremely chalky pick here, but for once I have seen some of these guys, and I don't particularly like that one, y'all. So I am going to leave him there for the Flyers and their wrasslin' picker and go off-chalk. Like my momma always said: "You cain't get no lemonade iffun you don't squeeze some lemons. And get yer f***ing truck off the lawn before I drive it!"

Brennan-Othmann-Flint-Firebirds-575x460.jpg

Calgary Flames - LW Brennan Othmann

@BiggE

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Snipe me? Put the f***ing bong down :laugh: We are on entirely different wavelengths. Georgie, take the wheel.

iPSbgPq.gif

There is an extremely chalky pick here, but for once I have seen some of these guys, and I don't particularly like that one, y'all. So I am going to leave him there for the Flyers and their wrasslin' picker and go off-chalk. Like my momma always said: "You cain't get no lemonade iffun you don't squeeze some lemons. And get yer f***ing truck off the lawn before I drive it!"

@BiggE
Man crush?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

iPSbgPq.gif

@BiggE

I cant see his name without thinking of Otho from Beetlejuice.

giphy.gif

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Haven't received my draft preview from THN yet. While I'm pretty familiar with the top 40-50 picks, beyond that I'm pretty clueless. Does anyone have any links to any free sites that list prospects in any kind of order beyond the top 32?
I like Smaht Scouting (which features Appleyard's input) and Dobber Prospects but neither site has updated their rankings in a few months. The former in particular also features player profiles for several prospects with strengths, weaknesses, projections, etc. so it's more than just a list.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Haven't received my draft preview from THN yet. While I'm pretty familiar with the top 40-50 picks, beyond that I'm pretty clueless. Does anyone have any links to any free sites that list prospects in any kind of order beyond the top 32?
Central Scouting if you want the most comprehensive list. Gotta sort through North America and Europe though.

2021 Draft Prospect Rankings | NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've researched exactly 3 common mid-late first rounders I like at all so far and the 3 picks in front of me are you and 2 other people I can easily see with similar preferences. I can feel the onset of doom. And hurried YouTube scouting.
I'm glad you have an idea of who I'm taking because I have no idea. :laugh:

There were a couple I was happy to see go because I did zero homework on them. And I keep forgetting there are goalies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
This could shape up to be a pretty fun draft. I really have no idea what draft rankings to trust and it's making this pick very difficult. I am torn on picking one of the guys I didn't expect to be here in this spot or one of the guys I love but this seems way too early to pick by consensus because who the heck knows this year.

Mason McTavish - C/W - Petes
craig-mactavish-1996-53.jpg

edit: just realizing @FLYguy3911 is up next which would have made me change my pick :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad