Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2021

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Freeman_Morgan.jpg

Morgan Freeman: "Well folks we are just starting off Round 2 here on Day 2 of this virtual kerfuffle. And it looks like we're tossing it back to our live feed of Seattle and I believe Mr. Gabe Newell. This old buffoon teased all of us on Portal 3 for years. And here he is on live TV across the globe doing it again. The man clearly has made enough money from Steam Summer sales to not care anymore. SOON™ folks. SOON™."

gabe_newell_dice_2013_photo_2029.1487139908.jpg

GabeN: "Welcome back to the Key Arena folks. Finally renovated and ready for rubber puck. I know some people email'd me at [email protected] regarding Portal 3. The answer still has been and always will be SOON™. Anyways I have this envelope here from Mr. Ron Francis. He told me that this was a name he hastily wrote because he didn't think the lad would still be available. However as an expert rubber disk watcher, I realize that this draft is going to be all over the place so anything's possible."

*Tears open envelope*

"With their first ever 2nd round selection and the 35th overall pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the Seattle Kraken are proud to select, Corson Ceulemans.

5ff5f6a8a52cd.image.jpg

GabeN: "Where the bloody balls is Brooks, Alberta? Damn these kids are literally from the middle of nowhere."

CheapLazyBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif

Seattle Kraken Selections
2) Matthew Beniers, C, Michigan (NCAA)
35) Corson Ceulemans, RHD, Brooks Bandits (AJHL)

@DrinkFightFlyers is up. Will PM as well.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:coyotes @Ernest95 time is up!

Autopick will be

Anton Olsson, D, Malmo (SHL)

:wings @Strawberry Fields is up!
This is a shame because I had two players in mind and I thought that autopick would surely take care of that debate for me. Needless to say Anton Olsson was not one of those two players :laugh:

Pick will be in very shortly.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
17123626.jpg

Peter McTavish: Psst, boss, the flask is in my jacket pocket. Jut grab it.
Pierre: No no, I'm okay, I think. Not having Mr. Melnyk here makes this less stressful. I might have overreacted before.
PM: Sure, but did you look at the draft board now?
Pierre:
tenor.gif

An autopick for Pastujov? Son of a bi-

*ring ring*

A video call? Hello?

melnyks-island.jpg

Eugene Melnyk: Pierre, brush up on your boatsmanship. I need you in the Carribean.
Pierre: Sir, it's draft day.
Eugene: NO EXCUSES MAGGOT! Book your flight. And don't use the company card. Melnyk out!

Pierre: Peter, I am reaching into your jacket pocket now.
PM: Yessir.
Pierre: *glug glug glug* Alright, let's just forget that call ever happened and let's get drafting.
PM: BPA?
Pierre: Damn straight.
PM: Even if we just drafted that position?
Pierre: Damn straight. The Flyers did it in 2013, same position even.
PM: Didn't that turn out horrib-
Pierre: But I! will do it better.

Pierre: With the 39th pick of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, from HC Kometa Brno, LD Stanislav Svozil.

svozil-stanislav-0209.jpg

Ottawa Senators
1 - 10 - Simon Edvinsson, LD, Frölunda, (Allsvenskan)
2 - 39 - Stanislav Svozil, LD HC Kometa Brno (Extraliga)

@Bender B Rodriguez is up!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
17123626.jpg

Peter McTavish: Psst, boss, the flask is in my jacket pocket. Jut grab it.
Pierre: No no, I'm okay, I think. Not having Mr. Melnyk here makes this less stressful. I might have overreacted before.
PM: Sure, but did you look at the draft board now?
Pierre:
tenor.gif

An autopick for Pastujov? Son of a bi-

*ring ring*

A video call? Hello?

melnyks-island.jpg

Eugene Melnyk: Pierre, brush up on your boatsmanship. I need you in the Carribean.
Pierre: Sir, it's draft day.
Eugene: NO EXCUSES MAGGOT! Book your flight. And don't use the company card. Melnyk out!

Pierre: Peter, I am reaching into your jacket pocket now.
Pierre: *glug glug glug* Alright, let's just forget that call ever happened and let's get drafting.
PM: BPA?
Pierre: Damn straight.
PM: Even if we just drafted that position?
Pierre: Damn straight. The Flyers did it in 2013, same position even.
PM: Didn't that turn out horrib-
Pierre: But I! will do it better.

Pierre: With the 39th pick of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, from HC Kometa Brno, LD Stanislav Svozil.

svozil-stanislav-0209.jpg

Ottawa Senators
2 - 39 - Stanislav Svozil, LD HC Kometa Brno (Extraliga)

@Bender B Rodriguez is up!
Thought he would have went in the first.
He was the other one I was thinking of taking at 38, no surprise he went right after :laugh:

Bender B Rodriguez

Apr 24, 2020
:kings selects from Kalpa U20 Oliver Kapanen.

Birthplace: Sundsvall, SWE
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 179 lbs
Shoots: Right
Draft season: 27+16=41, 37 gp (KalPa U20, U20 SM-sarja) 3+2=5, 5 gp (JokP, Mestis)
GettyImages-1293350191.jpg

LA Kings selections:

1-8) Dylan Guenther, LW/RW (Edmonton Oil Kings)
2-40) Oliver Kapanen, C, (KalPa U20)

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
*ring ring*
ottsenssept13.jpg

Peter Mactavish: Isn't that your phone?
Pierre: I don't hear anything.
PM: But that ringi-
Pierre: I. Don't. Hear. Anything.
PM: It sure sounds like-
Pierre: Damn it Peter, I'm ignoring it because it's probably Mr. Melnyk.

*DING*

Oh, now he's sent me a text.
giphy.gif

Ugh, I get it, you're having the time of your life and you want me to come lackey but I have a team to run and picks to make. Time to prep!

giphy.gif

Pierre: Do you know why I'm drinking Tuborg Peter?
PM: You're picking a Danish player?
Pierre: No, it's because it tastes good and I'm drafting a Nordic player and Denmark is the Nordic country with the best beer.
PM: Feels like a pretty tenuous link to me.
Pierre: Silence! Watch me use this liquid power to swing for the fences.

With the 42nd pick, the Ottawa Senators are pleased from MODO, LW William Strömgren.

Ottawa Senators
2 - 39 - Stanislav Svozil, LD, HC Kometa Brno (Extraliga)
2 - 42 - William Strömgren, LW, MODO (Allsvenskan)

Next up is-
*ring ring*

Oh for the love of- hrm, blocked caller. I wonder...hello?

Jack: Hello.
b19cb9e3da88f30f407f8251e1a3a522.gif

I've got your boss. He says he has no money, but that you'll pay the bounty. So be a good lad and hand over the booty.

Pierre:
F-3gPtKc-1WorrWorU3XKoUp4iSumpAMpRjWBLwjFg3FmRAGUpHhebnCQg1unOHgd5izkNwJbO-DGn55bGiaDBzaq2YC25ANdiurNl37ZhzNs3Q_a87KlnZbRw5fvThjdJTSnfjxAybyq6UY4ZfnQTNugaANHgAq4kY

*click*

PM: What are you going to do?
Pierre: We don't pick until the 5th round. At the rate this league picks, Mr. Melnyk will be back by the third. Lock and load Peter, we're going pirate hunting.

@Ernest95 is up.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I get a kick out of from drafts and mock drafts is when I recognize players from my EHM saves. Seen a few of them taken already. Sadly one I’ve been playing reached a fatal error last week as I built a dominant Flyers franchise and started building teams to beat them. Imagine the Flyers winning 5 cups in a row (beating the Oilers 3 times, and 2 of them in OT of game 7), and going for #6 but being beaten by Sean Couturier and the Minnesota Wild.

Anyhoo, one of the guys I had drafted after one of those 5 Cups was Jake Neighbors who had developed into a good, versatile forward in shorter order than it usually takes.

This clearly has nothing to do with anything, at all

@Captain Dave Poulin

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
One thing I get a kick out of from drafts and mock drafts is when I recognize players from my EHM saves. Seen a few of them taken already. Sadly one I’ve been playing reached a fatal error last week as I built a dominant Flyers franchise and started building teams to beat them. Imagine the Flyers winning 5 cups in a row (beating the Oilers 3 times, and 2 of them in OT of game 7), and going for #6 but being beaten by Sean Couturier and the Minnesota Wild.

Anyhoo, one of the guys I had drafted after one of those 5 Cups was Jake Neighbors who had developed into a good, versatile forward in shorter order than it usually takes.

For some reason, no one has yet selected Neighbors in this draft, so I will aim to rectify that.

View attachment 444192

@Captain Dave Poulin
Neighbours was drafted by St Louis last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad