Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
La police secrète du Québec a terminé son enquête et a découvert qui avait déjà piraté notre compte. Comme prévu, ce sont les ennemis les plus notoires du Québec, Carl et Bonnie Lindros. Des mandats d'arrêt ont été émis, mais ces deux criminels sont en fuite depuis 1991.

Maintenant que le désagrément est écarté, les Nordiques sélectionnent Adam Liska, C, des Rangers de Kitchener de la Ligue de l'Ontario.

18_liska,_adam_(1)_2018-02-05.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I was worried because I did not know what things would look like after not picking for 2 rounds! It's hard to find players I've actually scouted this late. But I was surprised there was one still there, who actually is in my top 62 ......

:cbj
With the 173rd pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select from the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL, Alex Steeves (LW).

---------------------------

I think Steeves is the best first-time entry forward I've watched from the USHL. I was surprised he was here, as Jack Drury and Blake McLaughlin went round 2, and I felt that Steeves gave me more pro vibes than the latter, while being more skilled than the former. Even all things equal between them, Steeves went round 6, which is quite the gap. Maybe another Laczynski? 57 points in 55 games, best player on his team, no statistical anomalies, a real heavy sub player with good puck skills and shooting and smarts. Needs to improve burst, but in full stride, it flashes above-average. Notre Dame recruit, and they recruit well (Spencer Stastney is also going there). Was pleasantly surprised when I saw Pronman had him # 63 too.

@Patrick Division -- you're up pal. I'll send a PM too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan13

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don't think there's any chance Steeves makes it to 173 in the real draft. He's been on my shortlist for a while and, if he made it to 178, it would have been between him and one other player who is still out there. His only real negative is his size.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't think there's any chance Steeves makes it to 173 in the real draft. He's been on my shortlist for a while and, if he made it to 178, it would have been between him and one other player who is still out there. His only real negative is his size.

I expect ~ round 4. USHL drafting is weird though, so who knows? He's similarly built to NAK, but not the skater he is, so he's not slight or anything. But he could improve the feet, which combined with being 5'11 might be viewed as a negative. Really the USHL tends to get underrated anyway, even if I think this is a relatively weaker crop.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I expect ~ round 4. USHL drafting is weird though, so who knows? He's similarly built to NAK, but not the skater he is, so he's not slight or anything. But he could improve the feet, which combined with being 5'11 might be viewed as a negative. Really the USHL tends to get underrated anyway, even if I think this is a relatively weaker crop.

Round 4 seems about right. He's not an elite skater for his size, but he's not bad. I thick NAK is thicker and stronger, but Steeves seems to have good vision & did well on an offensively thin team. I still think Steeves' size could be a problem at the pro level, especially because his feet aren't top tier, but at least he has a fairly broad build. A lot will depend on how much muscle and strength he can put on.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
With the 174th pick in the 2018 entry draft, the Philadelphia Flyers select from HK Dukla Trencin...

Kristian Kovacik

Position : Center
Height : 5'11"
Weight : 192
Shoots : Left

@GKJ

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I pick in 3 picks but am away golfing and have not been on much this weekend. Any volunteer that will be around today/tomorrow that I could send my top 3 guys to pick when my turn comes up?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With their second 6th round pick, the LA Kings select:

Trey Fix-Wolansky, RW, Edmonton (WHL)
FIX.jpg

Been able to pile up numbers on a bad Oil Kings team, but at this spot, more than worth it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
With their second 6th round pick, the LA Kings select:

Trey Fix-Wolansky, RW, Edmonton (WHL)
FIX.jpg

Been able to pile up numbers on a bad Oil Kings team, but at this spot, more than worth it.

I don't know why but Trey's face makes me think immediately that he has a great deal for me on a new washer-dryer.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Westfalt is another player who has been on my shortlist for the last couple of rounds. His skating had scared me off from taking him, but with Steeves gone I was leaning toward him two picks after Tripod got him for Pitt (figures he had to take over Pitt, as he's picked a lot of guys whom I've liked............).

Reactions: Tripod

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
With the 178th overall selection, the Anaheim Ducks select:

Simon Johansson

1(23) Anaheim Ducks - Isac Lundeström, C | Luleå HF, SHL
2(54) Anaheim Ducks - Nicolas Beaudin, D | Drummondville Voltigeurs, QMJHL
3(79) Anaheim Ducks - Kirill Marchenko, LW | Mamonty Yugry, MHL
3(85) Anaheim Ducks - Johnny Gruden LW/C | U.S. National U18 Team , USDP
4(116) Anaheim Ducks - Krystof Hrabik, RW/C | Liberec U20, CzechU20
5 (147) Anaheim Ducks - Linus Nyman, LW/RW | Kingston Frontenacs, OHL
6(178) Anaheim Ducks - Simon Johansson, D | Djurgårdens IF J20, SuperElit

And that concludes my draft.

@Ghosts Beer You are up.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
3453531968.gif

With the 179th selection in the 2018 Faux Draft, the Minnesota North Stars select Brendan Budy, LW, Langley (BCHL).

46Z2503.jpg

1 (24) Vitali Kravtsov, RW, Chelyabinsk (KHL) Vitali Kravtsov - Elite Prospects
3 (63) Ondrej Buchtela, D, Chomutov (Extraliga) Ondrej Buchtela - Elite Prospects
3 (86) Gabriel Fortier, LW, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL) Gabriel Fortier - Elite Prospects
3 (91) Slava Demin, D, Wenatchee (BCHL) Slava Demin - Elite Prospects
5 (148) Adam Samuelsson, D, USNDTP (USHL) Adam Samuelsson at eliteprospects.com
5 (152) Martin Pospisil, C, Sioux City (USHL) Martin Pospisil at eliteprospects.com
6 (179) Brendan Budy, LW, Langley (BCHL)
Brendan Budy at eliteprospects.com

@BernieParent is up with Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyTimmo

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Once again, as the Las Vegas name is announced over the intercom, coach Gallant rises with the eagerness of a condemned man heading for the gallows. He straightens his 1970s thrift-shop tie as he approaches the microphone: "Thank you. The Las Vegas Golden Knights select, as the 180th pick ..."

"STOP!!!"

All eyes turn to the back of the arena, to see GM McPhee charging down the aisle, mostly wearing some sort of hybrid Stormtrooper / bathing suit ensemble, wobbling slightly to the left in his uneven gait.

After crashing over the Washington contingent's table, he picks himself up with effort.

"Oh crap," Gallant intones hollowly at the mic. "George woke up."

"Did you all honestly think you could get rid of me, ME, that easily?" McPhee roars into the microphone. "Nobody and no chemical concoction is going to deprive me of MY PRECIOUS TIME amidst you all. You WILL look at me with respect and with AWE after my MASTERFUL building of the Knights. You WILL wait upon my every word as I share my hockey wisdom. You WILL --"

BANG!

McPhee goes down in a heap after taking the full brunt of the chair that Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly swung at him.

"Go ahead, Gerard. Please."

"Yeah, thanks. I would have done it myself but I like being employed. With the 180th selection in the 2018 NHL draft, the Las Vegas Golden Knights are pleased to select, from the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League, defenseman Martin Bodak."

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
jim-gregory-of-the-nhl-speaks-at-the-podium-onstage-during-round-one-picture-id800215668

Jim Gregory: The Lickers your next selection please.

president-of-hockey-operations-cam-neely-of-the-boston-bruins-stands-picture-id803681862

Don Sweeney: Oh for f***'s sake. Can someone tell Gary that he's out of control?

Cam Neely: Relax Don, I got this again. Let me take over for the rest of the draft. We're almost done anyway. *Cam Neely leans forward and approaches the microphone*

Inside Jim Gregory's head: So we meet again Cam. Let's destroy your iconic and proud image of being a Bruising Bruin. You'll be known in Boston as a loser Licker!

Jim Gregory: *Coughs* Mr. Niley the Lickers' next selection please.

Cam Neely: Niley? Niley? It's Cam Neely sir! N-E-E-L-Y of the historic Boston Lick erm Bruins franchise. Anyways. The Bruins are proud to select from the Langley Rivermen of the BCHL, Angus Crookshank.

beef-celly.jpg

Jim Gregory: The Lickers select Angus Crookshank of Langley from the BCHL. Winnipeg is now on the clock.

Insider Jim Gregory's head: One more round Cammy boy. One more round and you will be the Bruins most embarrassing idol and the proud icon of the Lickers franchise mwahaha!

Will PM next GM and tag as well.
@Ernest95 you're up!

Last edited:

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
La police secrète du Québec a terminé son enquête et a découvert qui avait déjà piraté notre compte. Comme prévu, ce sont les ennemis les plus notoires du Québec, Carl et Bonnie Lindros. Des mandats d'arrêt ont été émis, mais ces deux criminels sont en fuite depuis 1991.

Maintenant que le désagrément est écarté, les Nordiques sélectionnent Adam Liska, C, des Rangers de Kitchener de la Ligue de l'Ontario.

18_liska,_adam_(1)_2018-02-05.jpg

Combien d'entre vous vivent actuellement au Québec? Il y a beaucoup de français dans cette conversation de mock draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad