Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Welp, three guys I was looking at have gone in the last five picks :laugh: If my next (and frankly, only choice left) goes to WPG, I might have to regroup a bit.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
jim-gregory-of-the-nhl-speaks-at-the-podium-onstage-during-round-one-picture-id800215668

Jim Gregory: The Lickers your next selection please.

president-of-hockey-operations-cam-neely-of-the-boston-bruins-stands-picture-id803681862

Don Sweeney: Oh for ****'s sake. Can someone tell Gary that he's out of control?

Cam Neely: Relax Don, I got this again. Let me take over for the rest of the draft. We're almost done anyway. *Cam Neely leans forward and approaches the microphone*

Inside Jim Gregory's head: So we meet again Cam. Let's destroy your iconic and proud image of being a Bruising Bruin. You'll be known in Boston as a loser Licker!

Jim Gregory: *Coughs* Mr. Niley the Lickers' next selection please.

Cam Neely: Niley? Niley? It's Cam Neely sir! N-E-E-L-Y of the historic Boston Lick erm Bruins franchise. Anyways. The Bruins are proud to select from the Langley Rivermen of the BCHL, Angus Crookshank.

beef-celly.jpg

Jim Gregory: The Lickers select Angus Crookshank of Langley from the BCHL. Winnipeg is now on the clock.

Insider Jim Gregory's head: One more round Cammy boy. One more round and you will be the Bruins most embarrassing idol and the proud icon of the Lickers franchise mwahaha!

Will PM next GM and tag as well.
@Ernest95 you're up!

Stole my next pick :laugh:

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Combien d'entre vous vivent actuellement au Québec? Il y a beaucoup de français dans cette conversation de mock draft.
En tant que directeur général des Nordiques, je suis obligé de vivre dans les limites de la ville du joyau du Canada, la ville de Québec. Personne d'autre ne peut prétendre qu'ils sont plus québécois que moi!

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Ah damn I exited the page before my pick posted haha.
With the 182nd pick in the 2018 mock draft the winnipeg jets select....
Luke Henman!
messaging next gm.

Reactions: Hexy4

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
At the call of the announcers, Gerard Gallant once again mounts the stairs to the podium for the Golden Knights' final pick of the 2018 Mock Draft.

"We wish to thank the Dallas Stars and the staff of the American Airlines Center for hosting this year's draft. Sorry about the elephants and ... yeah, sorry.

"Just to give you an update on George; he has somewhat regained consciousness and we are pretty confident that he will regain feeling in his extremities. George has done a hell of a job pulling this team together, and all kidding aside, deserves a lot of praise for getting an expansion team to the Cup finals in their first year. I'm proud to be coaching under him.

"And since this is Vegas, we thought we would go out with a bang."

With Gallant's sweep of his hands outward, the enormous curtain falls to reveal a who's who of Vegas stars and top-named persona. Wayne Newton, Celine Dion, Blue Man Group, the entire troupe of Cirque du Soleil, Donnie and Marie Osmond, etc. Gallant removes his suit jacket and reverses it to reveal the gold lamé interior.

"George, this is for you. Gentlemen, if you please."

Penn and Teller come forward. Penn pulls out an enormous sword, to the gasps of all in the arena. At the swell of a drum roll, he moves to Teller, who removes his topcoat to reveal a t-shirt with a red target painted on the chest. With a flourish, Penn drives the sword into the unmoving Teller, and amid an explosion of red fluid, extracts the blade to show a paper stuck in the pointed end. Pandemonium ensues as several people rush towards the apparently hemorrhaging magician ... only to see him stand up and put back on his suit coat.

Penn offers the end of the sword to Gallant, who takes the paper and opens it deftly.

"With the 184th pick, and the final selection for the Golden Knights, we are pleased to select, from Bern of the NLA, left-winger Jeremi Gerber. THANK YOU, DALLAS!!"

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
After a long conversation with some guy sitting in the stands during practice...

P55XL5TZYQI6BJAIOJFZ3BALUI.jpg

...Stevie Y is ready to get down to business.

image.jpg

:boltsselects forward German Grachyov from Almaz Cherepovets of the MHL.

:sharksGM @SnS is up next.

Reactions: BernieParent

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
pierre-dorion-020918-usnews-getty-ftr_1bzzd1zfxfcfl1520gqkm7sa82.jpg

*stumbles to the front, swigging from a flask*

He-heeey guys. It's good to see you. Like really good.

Aww man, this feels great. You know, me and the guys, talking some...some hockey, it's just chiiiilll man. Awesome.

Good times. Hey, do you know how cheap Eugene Melnyk is? He's... *stifles laughter* he's so cheap that when he takes a girl on a date, instead of flowers he just brings her seeds. He's so cheap he makes a Scotsman look like...looks like a spendthrift. He's so cheap he has rubber pockets so that he can smuggle soup in it from all-you-can-eat buffets.

Actually, uh, that last one is true. I was just griping. But we're having fun, right? Yeah we are. Hey, anyone have a ping pong ball? Randy found some red solo cups and we're gonna play some pong. Hey Daly, you have any more of those rigged lottery balls left from the draft lottery? You know, the one that f***ed us? Yeah, gimme one of them.

*A sober voice from the back, possibly Lou Lamoriello* "You're drunk Pierre, make your stupid useless 7th round pick so that we can all go home."

Oh, yeah, sorry, sorry guys. Just, you know, trying to have some fun.

With the 188th pick of the twenttyy..,uh..twenn..uh, the draft, the Ottawaaaaaaa Sccchenaturds...woah, man that last one is kickiiing in....

Dahlin? Too late to pic-ok, suuuure, fine, it's not like I'm alreaddy loushing the best Schweed there is... cheap loudmouth skinFlint Melnyk...

Uh, we pick Nikolai Kovalenko of Lokomotiv...hah, choo choo, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT ANOTHER RUSSIAN. SUCK IT EUGENE! WOOOO!

*buckles over behind the podium and starts puking on Bettman's shoes*

@HammerTime44 It's all you man.

1-4 - Ottawa - Brady Tkachuk, LW, Boston U (NCAA)
1-22 - Ottawa - Martin Kaut, RW, Pardubice (Extraliga)
4-95 - Ottawa - Riley Stotts, C, Calgary (WHL)
5-126 - Ottawa - Alexander Romanov, D, Armiya Moskva (MHL)
6-157 - Ottawa - Chase Wouters, LW, Saskatoon (WHL)
7-188 - Ottawa - Nikolai Kovalenko, RW, Lokomotiv (MHL)

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009

Aww man, this feels great. You know, me and the guys, talking some...some hockey, it's just chiiiilll man. Awesome.

Good times. Hey, do you know how cheap Eugene Melnyk is? He's... *stifles laughter* he's so cheap that when he takes a girl on a date, instead of flowers he just brings her seeds. He's so cheap he makes a Scotsman look like...looks like a spendthrift. He's so cheap he has rubber pockets so that he can smuggle soup in it from all-you-can-eat buffets.

Actually, uh, that last one is true. I was just griping. But we're having fun, right? Yeah we are. Hey, anyone have a ping pong ball? Randy found some red solo cups and we're gonna play some pong. Hey Daly, you have any more of those rigged lottery balls left from the draft lottery? You know, the one that ****ed us? Yeah, gimme one of them.

*A sober voice from the back, possibly Lou Lamoriello* "You're drunk Pierre, make your stupid useless 7th round pick so that we can all go home."

With the 188th pick of the twenttyy..,uh..twenn..uh, the draft, the Ottawaaaaaaa Sccchenaturds...woah, man that last one is kickiiing in....

Dahlin? Too late to pic-ok, suuuure, fine, it's not like I'm alreaddy loushing the best Schweed there is... cheap loudmouth skinFlint Melnyk...

Uh, we pick Nikolai Kovalenko of Lokomotiv...hah, choo choo, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

tumblr_inline_mq3b3kZV6u1qz4rgp.gif

Drunk Dorion is the best part of this mock draft!

Reactions: pit

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters

Actually, uh, that last one is true. I was just griping. But we're having fun, right? Yeah we are. Hey, anyone have a ping pong ball? Randy found some red solo cups and we're gonna play some pong. Hey Daly, you have any more of those rigged lottery balls left from the draft lottery? You know, the one that ****ed us? Yeah, gimme one of them.

Leave it to the drunk guy to steal my last pick!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If someone wants to make my last two picks, or just let autoselect do it, that would be best - there's no way I am going to be able to do it and I don't want to hold you guys up (even though it is right at the end).

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
If someone wants to make my last two picks, or just let autoselect do it, that would be best - there's no way I am going to be able to do it and I don't want to hold you guys up (even though it is right at the end).

I vote for Drunk Dorion to stand in for you.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
The Flyers select from the Ontario Hockey League...

Matthew Struthers

Position : Center
Height : 6'2"
Weight : 192
Shoots : Left

@Stizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad