Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Aside from the actual evaluations that @denominator will compile at the conclusion of the mock and actual drafts (hopefully, please?) there are some clear front-runners for who won the mock draft.

In a non-specific order, the leaders so far may be: @pit, @BernieParent, @DrinkFightFlyers. They are really staying in character and giving some thoughtful and entertaining contributions to the mock.

Yes, I'll recompile everything post-draft again. Hopefully my fieldwork schedule isn't as busy around draft time as it was last year so I can actually get all the stats posted.

391.gif

With the 152nd pick of the 2018 Faux Draft, the Minnesota North Stars select Martin Pospisil, C, Sioux City (USHL).

Pospisil blew away the USHL in PIMs with 253 in 49 games, and went on a 2nd half tear offensively to end up with 37 points in 49 games. His game is trending upward, and he finished 3rd overall in the USHL Top Prospects skills testing. Minnesota is hoping for a late bloomer here who, at the very least, can be a bottom six physical presence who can skate.

24_pospisil,_martin.jpg

1 (24) Vitali Kravtsov, RW, Chelyabinsk (KHL) Vitali Kravtsov - Elite Prospects
3 (63) Ondrej Buchtela, D, Chomutov (Extraliga) Ondrej Buchtela - Elite Prospects
3 (86) Gabriel Fortier, LW, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL) Gabriel Fortier - Elite Prospects
3 (91) Slava Demin, D, Wenatchee (BCHL) Slava Demin - Elite Prospects
5 (148) Adam Samuelsson, D, USNDTP (USHL) Adam Samuelsson at eliteprospects.com
5 (152) Martin Pospisil, C, Sioux City (USHL) Martin Pospisil at eliteprospects.com

@BernieParent is up with Vegas.

This is the first guy picked that wasn't on my list (320 players at the time of us beginning this mock). He's made it on since then, so there is still hope that we get through all 217 with players I've heard of. I'm down to 4 guys left in my top-100 that haven't yet been picked.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yes, I'll recompile everything post-draft again. Hopefully my fieldwork schedule isn't as busy around draft time as it was last year so I can actually get all the stats posted.

This is the first guy picked that wasn't on my list (320 players at the time of us beginning this mock). He's made it on since then, so there is still hope that we get through all 217 with players I've heard of. I'm down to 4 guys left in my top-100 that haven't yet been picked.
Funny enough, I too have 4 guys left in my top 100.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Votre compréhension de la langue Française m'insulte. Le dialecte que vous parlez indique clairement un intellect inférieur et de la lâcheté quand il s'agit d'être digne de la culture Française. Google ne peut même pas déchiffrer vos écrits!

Oui mais la culture Française est dans la France. La culture au Québec est très différente.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I could make a pretty damn good guess as to who those 4 players are.

At this point you often have guys with either size issues, skating issues, and/or offensive upside issues.

I'd be pretty surprised of Pospisil doesn't get drafted. He can skate, has pretty good vision, is 6'2", can play center, is physical, plays against the opponents' top lines, and has a growing offensive game.

Last edited:

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I could make a pretty damn good guess as to who those 4 players are.

At this point you often have guys with either size issues, skating issues, and/or offensive upside issues.

I'd be pretty surprised of Pospisil doesn't get drafted. He can skate, has pretty good vision, is 6'2", can play center, is physical, plays against the opponents' top lines, and has a growing offensive game.

I'd be surprised too. He's just a guy that is showing up late on lists, which means it takes a while to climb my rankings. You're generally right with your guess, but my list may be a bit skewed because the "leftovers" tend to be guys that had early hype and are decaying down the list. For example, Lukas Dostal seems to be the consensus(ish) top goalie right now, but he's #5 on my list because he was a later addition and is climbing. The top goaltender on my list is still Skarek because he generally ranks high enough on most lists to stop a freefall down the rankings. It's not a perfect system but since I don't actually watch most prospects I find it's the best way to get a feel for who's out there without getting caught up in boom/bust hype.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Lee-thumb-10132015.jpg

*Randy Lee takes the stage and glances around furtively*

So, uh, Mr. Melnyk really left, right?

Ok, whew. So, uh, Pierre, the scouts and I never really left. We've just been sleeping head to foot in Pierre's rented Ford Focus in the parking lot and leeching off the stadium's Wifi to send in our picks. Oh, yeah, your Wifi sucks here by the way. Mr. Melnyk was right about that.

So we're just going to make these last few picks in peace. He'll probably think they just got auto-picked after he left so we can draft whoever we want without repercussions.

*cracks open a beer*

Oh, sorry Mr. Daly. I didn't know that wasn't allowed.

Oh, the next guy on our list isn't even Russian this time. Damn it!

Uh, right. Anyway. With the 157th pick of the 2018 NHL Draft, the Ottawa Senators select, from the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL, left wing Chase Wouters.

1-4 - Ottawa - Brady Tkachuk, LW, Boston U (NCAA)
1-22 - Ottawa - Martin Kaut, RW, Pardubice (Extraliga)
4-95 - Ottawa - Riley Stotts, C, Calgary (WHL)
5-126 - Ottawa - Alexander Romanov, D, Armiya Moskva (MHL)
6-157 - Ottawa - Chase Wouters, LW, Saskatoon (WHL)

@HammerTime44 , you're up!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Votre compréhension de la langue Française m'insulte. Le dialecte que vous parlez indique clairement un intellect inférieur et de la lâcheté quand il s'agit d'être digne de la culture Française. Google ne peut même pas déchiffrer vos écrits!

La langue de Mollière selon DFF : mille singes avec des dactylographs. ;)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
:wings

Hey internet kids, Ken Holland here. We have back-to-back picks right now.

Ok, here's the deal but you gotta keep this on the down low. I'm going to share with you an old GM trick. An angle I shoot on the rube ownership, fans, and media.

I'm going to pick 2 players from smaller hockey countries. Meaning they'll both make there World Junior team easily. This will help me hype and oversell our prospect pool, which is actually very mediocre, and people will think I'm actually doing a passable rebuilding job as GM (I'm not hehehe).

Anywho, The Detroit Red Wings select...

Oliver Okuliar - F - Slovakia
&
Karel Plasek - F - Czech Republic

@wasup is on the clock.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
:wings

Hey internet kids, Ken Holland here. We have back-to-back picks right now.

Ok, here's the deal but you gotta keep this on the down low. I'm going to share with you an old GM trick. An angle I shoot on the rube ownership, fans, and media.

I'm going to pick 2 players from smaller hockey countries. Meaning they'll both make there World Junior team easily. This will help me hype and oversell our prospect pool, which is actually very mediocre, and people will think I'm actually doing a passable rebuilding job as GM (I'm not hehehe).

Anywho, The Detroit Red Wings select...

Oliver Okuliar - F - Slovakia
&
Karel Plasek - F - Czech Republic

@wasup is on the clock.

Love those two selections. Hoped at least one would fall to me next round. Considered both very seriously just a couple picks ago.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
With pick 161 Mr Benning and friends would like to select : Matthew Thiessen , goaltender from the Steinbach Pistons , MJHL
Blackhawks you up will PM

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Well, this is a tough one. There is nobody left on my board that I am really excited about, and I promised myself that with my last pick I would play the homer card and take one of the Hitmen eligibles. The problem is, y'all are dicks that keep taking the guys I thought would slip or go undrafted.

So. I guess with pick number 163 I'll go with the little centre that could, from the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL, C TRISTEN NIELSEN

dw_tristen_nielsen_calgary.jpg

The site is being really f***y for me and I could barely get this post up. Can somebody PM the next GM for me?

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
with the pick numba 164 Oilers selects Olof Lindbom (G) from Djurgårdens IF J20 / SuperElit

next one msged

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad