Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
:wings

we-like-our-team-ken-holland.jpg

Ken Holland here.

Thank goodness this is our last pick. My bags are packed and I've got one foot on the airplane headed to the Bahamas for a sweet 2 week vacation.

Wait... what? You're telling me free agency starts a few days after the draft? Damn it! Damn it!

Do I really have to be around for that?

I do? Come on.

f*** this.

The Detroit Red Wings select...

Wyatte Wylie - D - Everrett Silvertips

------------------

@wasup is up.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Adam Mascherin the 2016 38th overall pick has thumbs down the Florida Panthers and will re- enter the draft so Mr Benning says sure why not steal one for the Nucks

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Adam Mascherin the 2016 38th overall pick has thumbs down the Florida Panthers and will re- enter the draft so Mr Benning says sure why not steal one for the Nucks
Isn't he still eligible to be traded to another team and sign with them through this Friday?

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With the 193th overall pick in 2018 NHL Entry Draft the Chicago Blackhawks select

G Daniil Isayev - Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)

With that selection the Hawks 2018 draft on HF Flyers Mock is concluded

Chicago Blackhawks Draft
1st round (8th overall) = RW Oliver Wahlstrom - USNTDP (USHL)
1st round (31st overall) = D Alexander Alexeyev - Red Deer (WHL)
3rd round (69th overall) = RW Ruslan Iskhakov - Armiya Moskava (MHL)
3rd round (87th overall) = G Lukas Dostal - Brno (Czech2)
4th round (124th overall) = D Santeri Salmela - Kouvola (SM-Liiga)
5th round (142nd overall) = D Artyom Minulin - Swift Current (WHL)
6th round (162nd overall) = C/W Demid Mansurov - Chelyabinsk (MHL)
7th round (193rd overall) = G Danil Isayev - Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan13

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
With the 193th overall pick in 2018 NHL Entry Draft the Chicago Blackhawks select

G Daniil Isayev - Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)

With that selection the Hawks 2018 draft on HF Flyers Mock is concluded

Chicago Blackhawks Draft
1st round (8th overall) = RW Oliver Wahlstrom - USNTDP (USHL)
1st round (31st overall) = D Alexander Alexeyev - Red Deer (WHL)
3rd round (69th overall) = RW Ruslan Iskhakov - Armiya Moskava (MHL)
3rd round (87th overall) = G Lukas Dostal - Brno (Czech2)
4th round (124th overall) = D Santeri Salmela - Kouvola (SM-Liiga)
5th round (142nd overall) = D Artyom Minulin - Swift Current (WHL)
6th round (162nd overall) = C/W Demid Mansurov - Chelyabinsk (MHL)
7th round (193rd overall) = G Danil Isayev - Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)

How do u like ur draft board any thoughts?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I love it

Of course a lot of risk giving Euro's especially Russians but its type of draft that could yield a lot of long term gems if things go well. And my first round I got two quality prospects with great upside who will develop in NA

Reactions: Flyerfan13

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
clark-thumb-10132015.jpg

Hi, everyone. I'm Jim Clark, Chief Professional Scout for the Ottawa Senators and the lucky guy who drew the short straw to be designated driver all the way from Dallas back to Ottawa. I'm, well, not going to lie, not really looking forward to that.

Since Pierre has decided to hide under the tablecloth of our draft table and use it as his secret fortress and Randy is busy trying to surreptitiously walk behind Dave Poile's table to see what defenseman he has next on his list... Sorry, hold on.

HEY RANDY, WHISTLING DOESN'T MAKE YOU INVISIBLE. IN FACT IT MAKES YOU MORE NOTICEABLE.

Sorry Dave. I really have no control over these gu...

*A voice issues out from under the Ottawa draft table*
"SUCK IT EUGENE! WOOOOOOO! DRAFT THE NEXT RUSSIAN JIM!"

Well, actually Pierre, he's not Russian. He's from Belarus and he actually plays in the WHL so-

"WAIT, A RUSSIAN DEFENSEMAN IN THE WHL? JIM YOU IDIOT THAT ALWAYS RUINS RUSSIAN PLAYERS WHEN THEY COME PLAY IN CANADA"

Damn it Pierre, first he's Belarussian and second that's not true at all.

"RUSSIA ISH IHN BELARUSSIA, don't, uh, donnn't you hear it? Iht'ss in the damn name Jim. belaRUSSIA. It's totally true"

*Jim sighs and drops his head into the microphone in defeat*

*Gary Bettman appears on stage*
"Guys, this sideshow has gone on long enough. What I just did I did for your own good."

What did you do?

*The double doors at the back of the arena burst open and the bright light from outside obscures the shape of the man in the doorframe*
"I came as fast as I could. I got the text while I was stuck at the bus station. Would you believe the jerk clerk wouldn't take Canadian dollars at par? How ridiculous is that? He didn't even believe it was real money. Anyway, when I got the text from Gary that you guys would be giving your portions of the revenue sharing in advance I figured I would come pick up my share in person. Don't worry, I picked up a few free plastic bags from the grocery store to hold it all. So, Jimmy D, you have your wallet on you or do we need to go to an ATM? Yeah, no cheques this ti-

Uh...

Jim? What are you doing up there?"
eugene-melnyk.jpg

*A bead of sweat runs down Jim's brow*
Hi Mr. Melnyk.

*A loud whistling sound moves towards the exit*

"Randy? What are you doing on your tiptoes? And what the f*** guys? Didn't I send you home? Are you f***ING EXPENSING this SHIT? Where's Pierre? Does he know what you're up to?"

*from under the Ottawa draft table* SUCK IT EUGENE! WOO! MAHHKE THE, uh, maaaake the pick. NOW JIM! IT'S OUR LAST ONE! THEN EVVERRYBOODY GET TO THA CHOPPAH! Ha ha ha, I mean, the car, gettto the car. WOO! SUCK ON THIS RUSSIAN EUGENE!

*Jim eyes the exits nervously as Eugene Melnyk advances down the aisle, neck veins bulging in anger*
Uh, with the 194th pick of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select...oh god, he's getting closer. Dale, can you trip him or delay him or something...AAAAHHHH ok ok, pleased to select from the Prince Albert Raiders, defenseman Sergei Sapego. Okay, okay, I know he is named Sergei but Prince Albert is in Canada! CHL rules for him. Cheap entry level contract! Oh god he's still advancing. Run, everyone run!

*The remaining Ottawa scouts scatter as a raging Eugene Melnyk begins chasing them. They scatter up the stairs and into the rotunda and upper bowl. As Melnyk exits pursuing them, a celebratory but sleepy WOO echoes from under the Ottawa draft table*

1-4 - Ottawa - Brady Tkachuk, LW, Boston U (NCAA)
1-22 - Ottawa - Martin Kaut, RW, Pardubice (Extraliga)
4-95 - Ottawa - Riley Stotts, C, Calgary (WHL)
5-126 - Ottawa - Alexander Romanov, D, Armiya Moskva (MHL)
6-157 - Ottawa - Chase Wouters, LW, Saskatoon (WHL)
7-188 - Ottawa - Nikolai Kovalenko, RW, Lokomotiv (MHL)
7-194 - Ottawa - Sergei Sapego, D, Prince Albert (WHL)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hey i'm Mr Benning i'm grasping at straws what else is knew. If it don't work out oh well it,s the seventh round. But if it does
If he doesn't get traded and sign elsewhere this week, it's a heck of a 7th round pick. If he re-enters, there's no way he'll fall to round 7 in the real thing.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Crap, I'm here. Forgot about this among all the other hoopla going on. Will be posting pick, ~soonish. (Should've pre-wrote this nonsense...)

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
hoo.jpg

Jim Gregory: Islanders? ISLANDERS! We’ve been waiting for you to make your last selection. Your time is about to expire.

Garth Snow: We’re not ready yet, there’s a lot going on here.

Don Waddell: Hey, hasn’t their time expired?

Lou Lamoriello: Shut up you fat f***! A little puke like you mouthing off out of turn. You must be new on the job. SNOW! Get your ass back here. NO f***ING BEARDS DURING THE REGULAR SEASON! Did your clown show make the playoffs? THEN NO PLAYOFF BEARD!

Gregory: We need a selection, or the auto-draft beast will make an appearance. Garth, you should stop squirming, it's just a hair cut.

Lamoriello: I didn’t eat shit in New Jersey. I didn’t eat shit in Toronto. You think I’m gonna eat your shit now Jim? You'll get a pick when I'm damn well ready to give it, you bald, short, covfefe, fopdoodle. What have you done Garth? What kind of draft is this?

Snow: We had to replace JT, we skate fast and score a lot of goals, what?

Lamoriello: JT is still an Islander. And you don’t win games by playing shinny, this ain’t the 80s. I may not be able to fire you just yet, but you’re gonna wish you were dead.

Snow: Chris, this is how you repay me? I gave you a job, a good job.

Chris Lamoriello: This is the man that never gave me an allowance, invented the trap. You think I want to cross him, have you seen what Scott Stevens does to people? Garth, he's gonna cut you if you don't sit still.

Lou Lamoriello: Chris! Adults are talking. Children should be seen and not heard. Remember the story of the naughty children and the troll? Lyle Odelein is only a phone call away.
Jim, start the draft over, we demand a redo.

Gregory: It doesn’t work that way.

Lamoriello: Look, you may be able to bully Nelly and Swiney into calling themselves the Lickers (f*** that Marchand punk), but you’re gonna listen to me!

Gregory: What’s your pick Lou?

Snow: Hey Jim. Since I’m still the GM of the team, the Islanders would like to select with the #196 selection in the 2018 Flyers Board Mock Draft, from the New York Islanders – John Tavares! If we burn a pick, can we retain his rights by drafting him again?

Lamoriello: You incompetent f*** face! Crap like that is why I’m your new boss. What did I just tell Chris? You want me to call Barnaby, or Shields?
With the final selection in this craptastic, make-pretend, good-for-nothing, franchise-dooming fake draft, the Islanders reluctantly select with the #196 selection, committed to the Rensselaer Polytech Institute, Slovakian, Jakub Lacka. He’s drafted soley for his funny last name. For all the vultures out there, JT is going to stay on the Island.
Waddell, waddle over to the podium and make your selection.

@BigToe is up next

Islanders selections
1-11 - NYI - Joe Veleno, C, Drummondville (QMJHL)
1-12 - NYI - Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C, Pori (SM-Liiga)
2-41 - NYI - Ryan Merkley, D, Guelph (OHL)
2-43 - NYI - Nando Eggenberger, LW, Davos (NLA)
3-72 - NYI - Filip Johansson, D, Leksands (Allsvenskan)
4-103 - NYI - Ryan O'Reilly, C, Madison (USHL)
5-134 - NYI - Kevin Mandolese, G, Cape Breton (QMJHL)
7-196 - NYI - Jakub Lacka, LW, Central Illinois (USHL)

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
clark-thumb-10132015.jpg

Hi, everyone. I'm Jim Clark, Chief Professional Scout for the Ottawa Senators and the lucky guy who drew the short straw to be designated driver all the way from Dallas back to Ottawa. I'm, well, not going to lie, not really looking forward to that.

Since Pierre has decided to hide under the tablecloth of our draft table and use it as his secret fortress and Randy is busy trying to surreptitiously walk behind Dave Poile's table to see what defenseman he has next on his list... Sorry, hold on.

HEY RANDY, WHISTLING DOESN'T MAKE YOU INVISIBLE. IN FACT IT MAKES YOU MORE NOTICEABLE.

Sorry Dave. I really have no control over these gu...

*A voice issues out from under the Ottawa draft table*
"SUCK IT EUGENE! WOOOOOOO! DRAFT THE NEXT RUSSIAN JIM!"

Well, actually Pierre, he's not Russian. He's from Belarus and he actually plays in the WHL so-

"WAIT, A RUSSIAN DEFENSEMAN IN THE WHL? JIM YOU IDIOT THAT ALWAYS RUINS RUSSIAN PLAYERS WHEN THEY COME PLAY IN CANADA"

Damn it Pierre, first he's Belarussian and second that's not true at all.

"RUSSIA ISH IHN BELARUSSIA, don't, uh, donnn't you hear it? Iht'ss in the damn name Jim. belaRUSSIA. It's totally true"

*Jim sighs and drops his head into the microphone in defeat*

*Gary Bettman appears on stage*
"Guys, this sideshow has gone on long enough. What I just did I did for your own good."

What did you do?

*The double doors at the back of the arena burst open and the bright light from outside obscures the shape of the man in the doorframe*
"I came as fast as I could. I got the text while I was stuck at the bus station. Would you believe the jerk clerk wouldn't take Canadian dollars at par? How ridiculous is that? He didn't even believe it was real money. Anyway, when I got the text from Gary that you guys would be giving your portions of the revenue sharing in advance I figured I would come pick up my share in person. Don't worry, I picked up a few free plastic bags from the grocery store to hold it all. So, Jimmy D, you have your wallet on you or do we need to go to an ATM? Yeah, no cheques this ti-

Uh...

Jim? What are you doing up there?"
eugene-melnyk.jpg

*A bead of sweat runs down Jim's brow*
Hi Mr. Melnyk.

*A loud whistling sound moves towards the exit*

"Randy? What are you doing on your tiptoes? And what the **** guys? Didn't I send you home? Are you ****ING EXPENSING this ****? Where's Pierre? Does he know what you're up to?"

*from under the Ottawa draft table* SUCK IT EUGENE! WOO! MAHHKE THE, uh, maaaake the pick. NOW JIM! IT'S OUR LAST ONE! THEN EVVERRYBOODY GET TO THA CHOPPAH! Ha ha ha, I mean, the car, gettto the car. WOO! SUCK ON THIS RUSSIAN EUGENE!

*Jim eyes the exits nervously as Eugene Melnyk advances down the aisle, neck veins bulging in anger*
Uh, with the 194th pick of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select...oh god, he's getting closer. Dale, can you trip him or delay him or something...AAAAHHHH ok ok, pleased to select from the Prince Albert Raiders, defenseman Sergei Sapego. Okay, okay, I know he is named Sergei but Prince Albert is in Canada! CHL rules for him. Cheap entry level contract! Oh god he's still advancing. Run, everyone run!

*The remaining Ottawa scouts scatter as a raging Eugene Melnyk begins chasing them. They scatter up the stairs and into the rotunda and upper bowl. As Melnyk exits pursuing them, a celebratory but sleepy WOO echoes from under the Ottawa draft table*

1-4 - Ottawa - Brady Tkachuk, LW, Boston U (NCAA)
1-22 - Ottawa - Martin Kaut, RW, Pardubice (Extraliga)
4-95 - Ottawa - Riley Stotts, C, Calgary (WHL)
5-126 - Ottawa - Alexander Romanov, D, Armiya Moskva (MHL)
6-157 - Ottawa - Chase Wouters, LW, Saskatoon (WHL)
7-188 - Ottawa - Nikolai Kovalenko, RW, Lokomotiv (MHL)
7-194 - Ottawa - Sergei Sapego, D, Prince Albert (WHL)

"And in the category of potentially libellous satire on a sport-related message board, the Pulitzer Prize goes to ..."

12469475_1702653516647348_5855988952830100454_o.jpg

"... someone named ... pit? What pit? Is this a pseudonym or a typo? Brad Pitt? Anyway, here it is. I'll just put it on the --- hey, who are you?"

"Eugene Melnyk, peon. Is that real gold?"

"Umm, yes, it ... HEY, you can't just take that ... unless you're pit, that is. Man, this award really went downhill after we started accepting Internet-based nominations."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad