Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
It's lottery day and mock draft day! Draft will start once the lottery picks are revealed. I will PM the lottery winner after the reveal to begin the mock.

I took this from Sportsnet.ca

WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN? Saturday, April 29, 7:30 p.m. ET.

WHERE WILL IT TAKE PLACE? The winner will be revealed at the Hockey Central studio inside CBC headquarters in downtown Toronto. Representatives from the lottery teams' front office (and their lucky charms) will be in attendance.

WHERE CAN I WATCH IT? Prior to puck drop for Game 2 of the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins' marquee second-round series game on CBC and Sportsnet, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET.

TVA will handle the French broadcast, and American viewers can catch the lottery on NBC.

These teams are still available if anyone new wants to join:

Edmonton (DrinkFightFlyers)
Minnesota (sobrien)
Washington (RebelBully)

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
With the first pick of the 2017 draft the Devils are proud to select
MKumosRw.jpg
of the Halifax Mooseheads.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Poneill27, stop picking for the flyers with the devils pick lol. Either one will be huge addition for the flyers.

Haha I know...I too want us to get Hischier and I am pretty sure we will...But believe me I'm loving getting Patrick too! But for this exercise I am the Devils GM and have to make my team the best! :yo:

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
With the 3rd overall pick in the 2017 NHL draft, the Dallas Stars proudly select of the Windsor spitfires...Gabriel Vilardi.
The Colorado avalanche are up, morinisbear has been notified.

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
I've seen Miro ranked higher, but I haven't really seen much on him, I also figured we're drafting for the future, and not for immediate help, so that's why I went center.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've seen Miro ranked higher, but I haven't really seen much on him, I also figured we're drafting for the future, and not for immediate help, so that's why I went center.

Vilardi is a strong pick. Spezza is at the tail-end of his prime and Vilardi can slot in as 2C eventually for them.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

Yeah, nothing wrong with the pick, and might well end up being what happens on draft day.

The Stars have a few guys who could eventually develop into 2Cs (though I don't think they have anyone with 1C upside in the system). They're really thin on the backend after Lindell (but have a young NHL D corps). Obviously, you don't draft for need at the top of the first round, but if they have similar grades on Vilardi and Heiskanen, I think they go for the latter. :dunno:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Yeah, nothing wrong with the pick, and might well end up being what happens on draft day.

The Stars have a few guys who could eventually develop into 2Cs (though I don't think they have anyone with 1C upside in the system). They're really thin on the backend after Lindell (but have a young NHL D corps). Obviously, you don't draft for need at the top of the first round, but if they have similar grades on Vilardi and Heiskanen, I think they go for the latter. :dunno:
Gotcha, I'll try and match that up later in the rounds with who is a better bpa and all

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
The Avs were pretty excited to get Nico with the First but we are also very happy to take the top Dman in Timothy Liljegren with the 4th overall pick. We thought long and hard over Makar, but have to stick with our guns on this one...

Interested to see who goes after Mittelstadt, Tippet, Necas, etc...

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
5th pick round 1, 2017.
Vancouver proudly selects, Michael Rasmussen, Center, Tri City's, The Dub.
The Canucks need a lot, forwards, defence and goaltending. It's gonna be a long rebuild. But we decided to go with a huge western guy, that can skate, and is very difficult to move. We want bigger, so we can handle a team like Edmonton, make them pay the price when they play us. This may create a down shift of talent for the upcoming teams, but also benefit us early in round 2. We intend on walking away with better club, when this draft is over, and some luck in winning the lotto or not moving down in future drafts. 2018 may be the draft when we can finish our rebuild, I hope.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
:vegas

With the first draft choice in franchise history and the 6th overall selection the Vegas Golden Knights select: Casey Mittelstadt

GKJ was messaged.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With pick #7, Arizona Coyotes will go to Finland and select HIFK Helsinki defenseman Miro Heiskanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad