Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
I will take a team.

I'd prefer the Rangos as they have the prospect base I'm most familiar with [of the unclaimed teams]. Could also do Washington or Edmonton (barf).

Rangers are yours.

Which teams are still without a GM?

Washington is the last team that no one has taken as a second team - I'll let you two decide.

That leaves -

Anaheim (Azir)
Boston (Morinisbear)
Chicago (Chuck Downie)
Edmonton (DrinkFightFlyers)
Minnesota (sobrien)
Washington (?)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Washington or Edmonton (barf).

tumblr_o37ulhFJ5V1txg447o1_500.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Rangers are yours.

Washington is the last team that no one has taken as a second team - I'll let you two decide.

That leaves -

Anaheim (Azir)
Boston (Morinisbear)
Chicago (Chuck Downie)
Minnesota (sobrien)
Washington (?)

Ill take the Caps as a 2nd team unless someone else claims them prior to the start of the Draft.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Ill take the Caps as a 2nd team unless someone else claims them prior to the start of the Draft.

Perfect.

I'll update the first page with second teams this afternoon. I'll be sending a PM to the Avalanche GM (morinisbear) to get this started whenever he's ready between now and tomorrow. Don't forget to PM the next in line to keep this moving.

These teams are still available if anyone else wants to join:

Anaheim (Azir)
Boston (Morinisbear)
Chicago (Chuck Downie)
Minnesota (sobrien)
Washington (RebelBully)

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I think you can go ahead and make your official announcement - the other teams available pick later, so Avalanche are now up.

We'll have leeway for picks so don't worry if you can't pick in the 12 hour window.

Cool, shot a PM over to Daynus. Should I be professional and give the whole:

"With the first pick of the 2017 draft the Avalanche are proud to select Nico Hischier of the Halifax Mooseheads. We are ecstatic with this selection and feel he will be an excellent fit in our organization."

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I think you can go ahead and make your official announcement - the other teams available pick later, so Avalanche are now up.

We'll have leeway for picks so don't worry if you can't pick in the 12 hour window.

Are we going to wait a week to find out the actual draft positions for the 1st round?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cool, shot a PM over to Daynus. Should I be professional and give the whole:

"With the first pick of the 2017 draft the Avalanche are proud to select Nico Hischier of the Halifax Mooseheads. We are ecstatic with this selection and feel he will be an excellent fit in our organiczation."

Yeah man, have some fun with it if you have the time :laugh:

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Are we going to wait a week to find out the actual draft positions for the 1st round?

Thats a good point. We COULD wait until after the Lottery. Im good either way.

If we're changing up the rules, lets add trades so i can trade with myself again. :)

We should stick to the rule of no trades (That was funny last year). If there`s enough support to wait until next weekend, then I don`t see why not.

On the other hand, getting it started now has it`s benefits and maybe the lottery isn`t going to shake things up that much.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I vote to wait for the actual draft order. It's just one more week.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah I vote for wait as well. Will be cool to go back and compare our results to the official draft.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
2) Rd 1.....
Vancouver proudly selects, Gabriel Vilardi, 6-3,201, Center/Winger, Windsor Spitfires.
We are gonna build, a strong, forward unit. Centres are the core of our rebuild. We just felt, he is 11 months younger than Nolan Patrick, and love his upside. Vegas is up, take the guy, everyone thought I was taking.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
I vote to wait for the actual draft order. It's just one more week.

I say we should wait. It's going to be a looong off season anyway.

Yeah I vote for wait as well. Will be cool to go back and compare our results to the official draft.

We're two picks in and only 3 votes to wait. I think we'll need a little more support than that. Again, I'm indifferent (besides the fact it's a little more work for me) but we'd have to start again from 1 and the plan was to start now. Any more support to wait?

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
We're two picks in and only 3 votes to wait. I think we'll need a little more support than that. Again, I'm indifferent (besides the fact it's a little more work for me) but we'd have to start again from 1 and the plan was to start now. Any more support to wait?

Eh whatever...I don't see why we're in such a rush. We have ton's of time but whatever you decide.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I say go now. The lottery is only going to effect a max of six picks, right? Just wing it. Or...do our own lottery? Someone just run the lotto sim

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Eh whatever...I don't see why we're in such a rush. We have ton's of time but whatever you decide.

It's not really about being in a rush, more so that it was planned to go today. These things can be real pain in the *** when changes are made esp at the last minute. I'm just aiming for less auto picks and keeping to the schedule will help.

I say go now. The lottery is only going to effect a max of six picks, right? Just wing it. Or...do our own lottery? Someone just run the lotto sim

There are two picks in and I'm not sure those posters would want that to change with a lotto.

But, this is supposed to be fun for all so if we can get more opinions to make changes, I don't mind doing the work to see that happen.

Otherwise Vegas is on the clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad