Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
If it's not too much trouble to manage, we should probably do a lottery to pick the teams we want, rather than "first come, first served" - not a big deal, but it would add a layer of slight intrigue and satisfaction, like when you ply a lady with dinner rather than just induce her to come straight to your room for the sweet lovemaking.

That's a great idea. Whoever one gets, it will force them to research the club they've been given. That could make for real interesting draft choices. I'm down with that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I compiled all the stats based on this mock draft. Ranking is by total games played, then total points, then total wins, then number of picks made, and the final tie-breaker is lowest number of misses (drafting a player that went undrafted).

GMs of multiple teams are combined.

If anyone's username has changed please let me know ASAP so that I can properly track for the 2018 draft and stats.

I have each GM broken down separately, if anyone is interested in seeing theirs let me know and I'll post it. I just don't feel like posting all 25 if only 3 people care.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I compiled all the stats based on this mock draft. Ranking is by total games played, then total points, then total wins, then number of picks made, and the final tie-breaker is lowest number of misses (drafting a player that went undrafted).

If anyone's username has changed please let me know ASAP so that I can properly track for the 2018 draft and stats.

I have each GM broken down separately, if anyone is interested in seeing theirs let me know and I'll post it. I just don't feel like posting all 25 if only 3 people care.

Thanks for your hard work!

Username changed from RebelBully to Rebels57

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ

I was poneill27

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I just want to state for the record that I am ahead of @Magua
If any of you need any info on prospects or life in general go ahead and shoot those questions my way.

@Magua owns the only player that was drafted outside the first round to play an NHL game in his D+1 year.

Conversely, @CodyTheHuman had the best draft: 3 of his 4 drafted players were taken in the actual first round (Necas 12, Norris 19, Jokiharju 29).

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I sincerely hope the stat tracking continues with this year's mock so I can always be reminded about how horribly I whiffed on all of my picks.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Boy, who's that loser at the bottom of the list? All those minute of research completely wasted!!

At least there's nowhere to go but up this year!

Thanks very much for organizing this, Chuck.

You're only at the bottom because of how I chose to do the tie-breakers. You at least hit on all 4 of your draft picks, it's just that you had a team that only had 4 draft picks. My team is objectively worse - I had 5 picks but only hit on 2 of them.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You're only at the bottom because of how I chose to do the tie-breakers. You at least hit on all 4 of your draft picks, it's just that you had a team that only had 4 draft picks. My team is objectively worse - I had 5 picks but only hit on 2 of them.

Don't worry, denom, I'm good with this. A participation ribbon is more than just rewards for my efforts. I honestly put more effort into my Melnyk organ-procurement narrative than into my draft strategy. ;)

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
A random aside- I was just looking at the previous selections, and googled a pick. I was momentarily surprised that another team had my selection instead of the team I was picking for. Life is funny and the lines are blurry.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Mea culpa. I was without site access from Tuesday night until this AM. I hope denominator got to make the picks for me.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad