Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Probably the fairest autopick you can make there based on current consensus rankings.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Winnipeg Jets select with the 13th overall pick, Eeli Tolvanen from Sioux City Musketeers.

CgwgIRhWkAAhFl_.jpg

He looks like he might sit around drinking cough syrup on his days off.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
:bolts

With the 14th pick in the 2017 NHL draft, Tampa selects from St. Cloud State, Ryan Poehling

------------------------

Tampa has an aversion to any non-CHL 1st rounders under Yzerman. So I think more likely they will pick Foote or Valimaki, but I rate them lower. They do need defense, but I'd have preferred to trade down and take Brannstrom or Hague if that was the case. For me BPA came down to Yamamoto, Poehling, Andersson.....first 2 seemed more realistic (plus Tampa likes their smart 2-way character picks), and was a bit of a coin flip between them. I like Poehling's upside a bit more and think he has a better chance to stick at center, but Andersson would be a solid fit too. Probably would've been easier if Appleyard had taken Andersson already haha. Rolling Poehling-Howden down the top 9 in a few years could be really nice with the Stamkos-Kucherov duo up top. Let Point shift to wing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Since I'm the GM here, of the players left there's no way I'm passing up this guy at 15:

With the 15th pick in the 2017 Mock Draft, the New York Islanders select Erik Brannstrom, defenseman, HV71 (Sweden).

thumb_640.jpg

I will PM JoJo to let him know Nashville is on the clock.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sorry for the slight delay. Next PM sent.

With the 16th pick in the 2017 Mock Draft, the Nashville Predators select C/LW Lias Andersson from HV71 (Sweden).

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
The Calgary Flames are proud to select, from the Guelph Storm, left winger Isaac Ratcliffe. There's a lot to like about this pick. At 6'6 and 205 pounds, Ratcliffe is absolutely huge and has lots of time to add more weight to his frame. For a big man, he's a very good skater and can really shield the puck and carry it. He has an NHL ready shot and when you consider how poor Guelph was, he really stood out. Besides Mathew Tkachuk, no other Flames forward brings physicality and skill like Ratcliffe.

dynamic_resize

PM Sent to the next GM.

Last edited:

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
FYI: I (Rangers) will be unable to make a pick tomorrow. If we make it 5 picks tonight, I'm on it, otherwise it will be late tomorrow evening. Sorry if I end up delaying it a bit.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
FYI: I (Rangers) will be unable to make a pick tomorrow. If we make it 5 picks tonight, I'm on it, otherwise it will be late tomorrow evening. Sorry if I end up delaying it a bit.

I can take a list for you if you'd like. I just picked 16th, so it can't change anything I would do.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
flyersphan20 is about 3 hours over the 12 hour limit, so I`m going to autopick shortly. I pm'd him yesterday and haven't heard back from him so, Jusso Valimaki will be the Leafs pick. Any objections?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
flyersphan20 is about 3 hours over the 12 hour limit, so I`m going to autopick shortly. I pm'd him yesterday and haven't heard back from him so, Jusso Valimaki will be the Leafs pick. Any objections?

I object with flyersphan20's past-the-deadline selection, and DEMAND that Valimaki be the Leafs' pick!!!!!

Not that I am hopeful to select Foote or anything ...

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I object with flyersphan20's past-the-deadline selection, and DEMAND that Valimaki be the Leafs' pick!!!!!

Not that I am hopeful to select Foote or anything ...

Ill be honest it came down to the two, but I like Foote. Can't wait to hear how this guy is the next best defenseman ever from Leafs fans.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
tenor.gif

This would seriously be what I would look like as an NHL GM at the draft. With glasses. And probably without an enormous Buzzcocks background.

Well if you look like Dr. Who, does that mean you have a Tardis? You could remedy this situation with a Tardis, and a sonic screwdriver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad