Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Justin Bailey from Buffalo in exchange for Taylor Leier (Bailey recalled 2/10)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You can only say Weal was worth more than a 6th if there was another team ready to give up a better pick. Who was that team? Arizona only traded for him because they got crushed with injuries up front.

I would have kept Weal and played him on the 4th line above Varone and Lehtera, though.

Reactions: Tripod and deadhead

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean we played Varone & Lehtera on our fourth line last game so it can’t hurt. You can’t really get much lower than that but that doesn’t mean Bailey would be a legitimate improvement.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
And what about other areas where he’ll be a negative? The sum total for Bailey is that he’s likely a negative player.
I don’t know what you expect to get for Leier, but it’s not going to be a flawless player.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
And what about other areas where he’ll be a negative? The sum total for Bailey is that he’s likely a negative player.
Hey he's 23 and is big and can skate and if and I mean if they could make him reliable in his own end he could be hard to handle on a 4th line if not hes already a better fit for the Phantoms then little Leier.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
You can only say Weal was worth more than a 6th if there was another team ready to give up a better pick. Who was that team? Arizona only traded for him because they got crushed with injuries up front.

I would have kept Weal and played him on the 4th line above Varone and Lehtera, though.
All 3 of them aren't NHL regulars

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No comparison between Weal and Varone & Lehtera. The last two wouldn't be playing in the NHL on any other team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Take the pick for Weal, Lehtera and Varone are placeholders playing 7 minutes a night for a team out of the playoffs. Soon to be replaced.
Other than a comment by a Buffalo fan, I've seen nothing that suggests Bailey is a low IQ player.
More likely he's similar to NAK, struggling to translate AHL scoring to the NHL.
Both will probably get another shot with the Flyers.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Take the pick for Weal, Lehtera and Varone are placeholders playing 7 minutes a night for a team out of the playoffs. Soon to be replaced.
Other than a comment by a Buffalo fan, I've seen nothing that suggests Bailey is a low IQ player.
More likely he's similar to NAK, struggling to translate AHL scoring to the NHL.
Both will probably get another shot with the Flyers.

Unless something has changed this year and a light randomly went on, he's a low IQ player. I've watched him specifically because I used to be intrigued with some sneakily good NHL metrics beneath the surface in a small sample size back in 2015-16.

Quality can always be argued, but he's not remotely similar to NAK from a positives and negatives standpoint.

Again, he's an AHL guy with 4th line upside. I'm not going to overreact. But that's what he is.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I personally am just surprised that a guy who kept screaming "your favourites are gone! Your shitty favourite happy players are gone now. All of them are gone!" after Dave Scott's "I want a big move" press conference was... not right.

Glad no big moves to the core happened so far.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I personally am just surprised that a guy who kept screaming "your favourites are gone! Your ****ty favourite happy players are gone now. All of them are gone!" after Dave Scott's "I want a big move" press conference was... not right.

Glad no big moves to the core happened so far.
But its coming Kudymen lol.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Folin and Hagg,
Mr. Weise and friend, Mr. Lehtera, and Varone,
"Hello Jori!"
Mr. Neuvirth and party.
"Who's the crippled chap?"
The ghost of MacDonald,
The memories of Manning.
"Good-bye!"
And now, adding color, a group of Comcast broadcasting glitterati.

OK, it took ten minutes. :laugh:
Did they expect us to trEAT THEM WITH ANY RESPECT?!

They can tape up their sticks
And sharpen their skates
And amuse themselves playing heavy awhile
Boom boom, bang bang, league lead in hits

Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Did they expect us to trEAT THEM WITH ANY RESPECT?!

They can tape up their sticks
And sharpen their skates
And amuse themselves playing heavy awhile
Boom boom, bang bang, league lead in hits
Safe in the permanent gaze of Dave Scott's eye
With their reliable toys
They'll be good heavy boys
In the Fletcher Memorial Home for untradeable
Wasters of cap and shifts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad