Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Justin Bailey from Buffalo in exchange for Taylor Leier (Bailey recalled 2/10)

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Bailey is someone who could be really useful if he reinvents himself as a checking forward. He just doesn’t have the iq or skills to be a consistent top 9 scorer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bailey gives you organizational depth at RW, right now I don't see a whole lot of difference between him and NAK, both are 4RWs at this point, neither has shown enough offense at the NHL level to be top 9, but both have that upside if they put it together. Bailey is only a year older than NAK, so it's not like he's an AHL lifer.

At worst he replaces Leier but gives the Phantoms a RW instead of a LH LW, and a much bigger body.
Leier is what he is with little upside left. Bailey at least has upside.

And Bailey provides callup insurance, whether Bailey or NAK get called up, Phantoms will have a physical, fast RW who can score.

I think this does suggest that Fletcher is preparing for the TDL, moving veterans out and building up organizational depth for the Phantoms when he starts calling up prospects. And when he makes some trades, look for a couple AHL players to come back to the Flyers.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Bailey is someone who could be really useful if he reinvents himself as a checking forward. He just doesn’t have the iq or skills to be a consistent top 9 scorer.

Gotta love taking players who don't have the IQ or skills of anything more than a 4th line player - we've definitely been hard up for those types in the past several years

tenor.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
We do have good players, but we’re not a good team,” he said. “We have to become a better team.” Chuck Fletcher will help us out finally but hes right here. A bunch of misfit toys that are good individually,

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If he needed full years to change his mind on Hextall and few weeks to change mind on this sesaon, I am not sure I believe in Dave Scott's abilities
Being an owner of something really big myself you cant just make moves for the sake of doing it with employees. Respect and sometimes hoping it gets better is what happens before you make moves.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
you cant just make moves for the sake of doing it with employees. Respect and sometimes hoping it gets better is what happens before you make moves.

This goes so much against all those hundreds of your "he will now make moves finally, you will see, everyone will be shipped out now" posts you've posted since early december

Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying you're a Jekyll and Hyde

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I guess it’s not the biggest issue, but I’m not confident so far in Fletcher’s ability to find value at the margin.

Weal was probably worth ~4th round pick. A 6th or 7th for Leier seems more useful than Bailey.

These moves likely won’t hurt the Flyers. Still, it’s important to get the appropriate assists in exchange for even the least valuable players in the system. Sometimes the extra effort can improve the team in the long term.

The priority right now should be trading Simmonds and Hagg. Smaller deals involving Weal and Leier should’ve happened closer to the TDL, when trade value of depth/role players seems to be highest.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I guess it’s not the biggest issue, but I’m not confident so far in Fletcher’s ability to find value at the margin.

Weal was probably worth ~4th round pick. A 6th or 7th for Leier seems more useful than Bailey.

These moves likely won’t hurt the Flyers. Still, it’s important to get the appropriate assists in exchange for even the least valuable players in the system. Sometimes the extra effort can improve the team in the long term.

The priority right now should be trading Simmonds and Hagg. Smaller deals involving Weal and Leier should’ve happened closer to the TDL, when trade value of depth/role players seems to be highest.
Hagg isnt going anywhere.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Hockey IQ is the #1 most important skill. Sounds like this guy doesn’t have any

How many GMs in Flyers history feel the need to stockpile non-producing 4th liners with very big deficits? Why do we rarely get a guy who is on the bottom average of well-rounded (not great enough at anything to be a top 9 forward but decent at everything so somewhat productive)?

Reactions: BringBackBerube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad