Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Justin Bailey from Buffalo in exchange for Taylor Leier (Bailey recalled 2/10)

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I liked Leier more than most, but his time was clearly coming to an end. No legitimate chance to play for the Flyers (though I wouldn't mind him playing for Lehtera), but he made the most of playing in LHV and was very good for them. If this trade is a better opportunity for him than so be it.

My biggest concern with this trade is that he plays over NAK, but we will see. Starting to feel like the only stuff happening is getting rid of Hextall guys.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
Hadn't realized but Bailey was born in Buffalo (in '95). That puts Briere right in the Hero Zone for him.

Not that it matters compared to, say, the size difference, but Bailey's a righty shot and Leier shoots left.
Useless but fun fact: When Bailey was put on waivers to be sent down at the start of the season he received a phone call from Danny Briere offering words of encouragement.

Came here to read up on what was being said and it's all been covered. Change of scenery trade, they both seem to be the same type of player.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I liked Leier more than most, but his time was clearly coming to an end. No legitimate chance to play for the Flyers (though I wouldn't mind him playing for Lehtera), but he made the most of playing in LHV and was very good for them. If this trade is a better opportunity for him than so be it.

My biggest concern with this trade is that he plays over NAK, but we will see. Starting to feel like the only stuff happening is getting rid of Hextall guys.
Hextalls average drafting is on its way out.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Leier was small but he got less of an opportunity than some of our non-producing salary wastes. I would have rather had him in the lineup than Dale Weise. Our GM seems about as interesting as the Minnesota Wild...oh wait.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Take all your old and slow players away somewhere
And build them a home
A little team of their own
The Fletcher Memorial Home for the Snot and Balls, Grit, and Vets

They can all play for themselves everyday
On closed circuit TV
To make sure they still skate
It's the only ice time they'll see
Now I'll be thinking all day at work about who would be in the announcement section of the song. LMAO

Reactions: DancingPanther

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
maybe the new scott laughton? you are not an offensive player, so learn to play defence and pk.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Yawn. Don't care. Do something that actually effects the every game roster.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Folin and Hagg,
Mr. Weise and friend, Mr. Lehtera, and Varone,
"Hello Jori!"
Mr. Neuvirth and party.
"Who's the crippled chap?"
The ghost of MacDonald,
The memories of Manning.
"Good-bye!"
And now, adding color, a group of Comcast broadcasting glitterati.

OK, it took ten minutes. :laugh:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Folin and Hagg,
Mr. Weise and friend, Mr. Lehtera, and Varone,
"Hello Jori!"
Mr. Neuvirth and party.
"Who's the crippled chap?"
The ghost of MacDonald,
The memories of Manning.
"Good-bye!"
And now, adding color, a group of Comcast broadcasting glitterati.

OK, it took ten minutes. :laugh:
is mr. weieses' friend named wilber? think i've seen those two together somewhere before.

Reactions: Amorgus

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015

That is to be expected with Hextall being in charge for 5 years or so , the thing that concerns me is how attached is Fletcher going to be to the guys he drafted in Minn.

We've seen many times across the various sports recycled failed GMs bring in their prospects or fringe players that didn't quite pan out in their old organization.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I like this trade. If big and fast is the team that Fletch wants to build, then ok. Better than slow and ****ty under the Hex/Hak regime.

i love this trade, fletch loves big players, i think this is where we are finally going back to the bigger,physical model of the jets before hextall got small, weak players.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
That is to be expected with Hextall being in charge for 5 years or so , the thing that concerns me is how attached is Fletcher going to be to the guys he drafted in Minn.

We've seen many times across the various sports recycled failed GMs bring in their prospects or fringe players that didn't quite pan out in their old organization.
He didn't want nino so I think he just makes us fast and and skilled and rugged no matter what team he gets that from.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I am going to quote myself from the McKenna thread

Or just maybe, Scott is ok with patience , realized long ago this season was toast, and there were other reasons for Hexy to be canned , ie No goalies and Honk?

Fletcher will make changes, just wait

Reactions: hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
i love this trade, fletch loves big players, i think this is where we are finally going back to the bigger,physical model of the jets before hextall got small, weak players.
Yes and add fast skill instead of our slower skill that is easily checked most games and keep coots annd g and the rest of the forwards Can go in the right deal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They’ve got to get players who can pressure the opposition into turnovers, like other teams do to the Flyers. Turnovers are the name of the game. If you can force the opposition into turnovers & icings, you can keep the ice tilted in your favor & also generate odd man rushes. By the same token, you also need players who can move the puck under pressure while minimizing turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad