Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Justin Bailey from Buffalo in exchange for Taylor Leier (Bailey recalled 2/10)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Safe in the permanent gaze of Dave Scott's eye
With their reliable toys
They'll be good heavy boys
In the Fletcher Memorial Home for untradeable
Wasters of cap and shifts.
Nice lol

We're parodying The Fletcher Memorial right now. Has this ever been done before? Lol

Reactions: Amorgus

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Wanted him in whatever draft year he was in. Never panned out I guess.

Wait if he starts to trade for players I wanted...
Is Fletcher in my head? Or am I Chuck Fletcher? :eek:
1280b0fd78fb6527574ac8fe58f7cd1b--roger-waters-pink-floyd.jpg

Edit: did not realize there were so many Pink Floyd references in this thread already. As for "The Final Cut" i came to it much later than 1983, since it was banned in the USSR for: "Brezhnev took Afghanistan.." etc.

Last edited:

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I guess it’s not the biggest issue, but I’m not confident so far in Fletcher’s ability to find value at the margin.

Weal was probably worth ~4th round pick. A 6th or 7th for Leier seems more useful than Bailey.

These moves likely won’t hurt the Flyers. Still, it’s important to get the appropriate assists in exchange for even the least valuable players in the system. Sometimes the extra effort can improve the team in the long term.

The priority right now should be trading Simmonds and Hagg. Smaller deals involving Weal and Leier should’ve happened closer to the TDL, when trade value of depth/role players seems to be highest.

A 6th or 7th round pick is more useful than a 22 yr. old second round pick who can skate? WTF? How many 6th or 7th rounders make the NHL. A player with possible upside is way more valuable than a late round pick. The prospect love is so rampant on this board that sometimes it affects people's common sense. I know there are posts on this board where people wanted the Flyers to draft Bailey. This team is too dam small on the bottom 6 to compete in the Eastern Conf. Guys like Weal and Leier on the bottom 6 are ineffective. And they are not good enough to play in the top 6.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You're the one embarrassing yourself with your ongoing hysterics.

Please, explain how Leier is comparable. Go ahead. That's step 1 in showing your poorly thought out strawman is anything but feeble on every single level.
You clearly have zero understanding of sarcasm (and a number of other things for that matter) and yet I am the one embarrassing myself, lol :thumbu:

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Very often times. You are, what you are.

Sometimes you can change and re-set your focus. See Scott Laughton...he will never be an offensive player in the NHL. He was as stupid as you can get during his first go-around in the NHL. He reinvented his game and now has a good chance (recent play notwithstanding) of carving out a decent NHL career as a bottom 6 player. Leier does not have the skillset to play in the NHL at his size. You have to finish when you are that small in the NHL. If you don't then you become a liability.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
No one wants Weise and Lehtera because of their contracts. Pretty simple....
Exactly. Lehtera is just garbage but in a vacuum there isn't a single playoff team who wouldn't rather have Weise on their fourth line over Weal and Leier. Either way since Weise cleared and wasn't re-assigned and Fletcher told him to stay home it's obvious they are trying to work a trade.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
A 6th or 7th round pick is more useful than a 22 yr. old second round pick who can skate? WTF? How many 6th or 7th rounders make the NHL. A player with possible upside is way more valuable than a late round pick. The prospect love is so rampant on this board that sometimes it affects people's common sense. I know there are posts on this board where people wanted the Flyers to draft Bailey. This team is too dam small on the bottom 6 to compete in the Eastern Conf. Guys like Weal and Leier on the bottom 6 are ineffective. And they are not good enough to play in the top 6.
Post of the day.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Exactly. Lehtera is just garbage but in a vacuum there isn't a single playoff team who wouldn't rather have Weise on their fourth line over Weal and Leier. Either way since Weise cleared and wasn't re-assigned and Fletcher told him to stay home it's obvious they are trying to work a trade.
Easy to see but yet so hard lol.

Reactions: The Madrigal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad