Confirmed with Link: Flyers Announce 8 signings: Andreoff, Gabriel, Prosser, among others

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I will repeat this one more time. When Myers was called up to the Phantoms, Rubstov with his injury, TJ Brennan hurt and declining, Bardreau and Vecchione in and out of the line up, and McDonald who could not even tie anyone's shoelaces let alone his own [ Sorry Cap'n], the Phantoms were like the Titanic. I think adding some Defenseman that can actually skate and pass will be a big help. I am happy with my hometown team......

Bruker.png

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I will repeat this one more time. When Myers was called up to the Phantoms, Rubstov with his injury, TJ Brennan hurt and declining, Bardreau and Vecchione in and out of the line up, and McDonald who could not even tie anyone's shoelaces let alone his own [ Sorry Cap'n], the Phantoms were like the Titanic. I think adding some Defenseman that can actually skate and pass will be a big help. I am happy with my hometown team......

View attachment 241961

I heard a lot about the Phantoms being stacked last year, and look where they ended up. Maybe they were just stacked with the wrong great AHL lifers and these new AHL lifers can grab their AHL trophy and we can all drown ourselves in champagne and the drool splatter from Kevin Hayes' hilarious comments to the media.

To be clear, I don't have a point to make, other than maybe we didn't need to sign 300 guys to protect the kids from the big scary professional monster that is AHL hockey. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Reactions: wankstifier

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I heard a lot about the Phantoms being stacked last year, and look where they ended up. Maybe they were just stacked with the wrong great AHL lifers and these new AHL lifers can grab their AHL trophy and we can all drown ourselves in champagne and the drool splatter from Kevin Hayes' hilarious comments to the media.

To be clear, I don't have a point to make, other than maybe we didn't need to sign 300 guys to protect the kids from the big scary professional monster that is AHL hockey. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

They also had so many injuries last year that it was borderline unfair. They lost Knight, Lyon, Stolarz, Rubtsov, Varane for most of the year.

Reactions: macleish1974

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Oh yeah, forgot about the rest of the injuries to Lyon and Knight. Then Varone and Knight to the NHL.

When the Hamilton Howitzer Greg Carey did not have Varone feeding him the one-timer, lots of scoring was lost. But then the Phantoms had to put a lot of pressure on Bunnaman, who managed to put up a few goals on the PP with his net presence. But defense was the real disaster when Myers went to the NHL. They could neither make the first pass nor carry it out on their own. Friedman could not do it all alone. Willcox was ok, but not on any level as good as Friedman. Palmquist and Samuelsson were ok as pylons. I still do not understand Schlemko either. A stopgap that was not very good. Of the stopgaps that held their own was McKenna, the goalie. He not only had to stand on his head, he had to perform backflips at the same time.

Oh yeah...... NAK was out too.......AND Todd Fedoruk could actually analyze action by the end of the season without spitting out the words......;-)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They also had so many injuries last year that it was borderline unfair. They lost Knight, Lyon, Stolarz, Rubtsov, Varane for most of the year.

I know, but we have a LOT of prospects down there this year, i.e. a lot of bodies - the names just kept coming today and it felt like too ****ing many by about 50, but admittedly I didn't stop to count them.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Hahahahaha all of those signings will help our skilled guys play at a high level. Phantoms will be fun to watch.
correct. there are precious resources in Lehigh, and they require sheltering from some of the unfortunate realities of playing professional hockey. Ratcliffe is probably immune, but there are others who will definitely benefit

Reactions: hatcher

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Love it! Chuck Fletcher gradually ruining the organization one free agent and trade after another. Hextall is probably drinking a Schlitz laughing his butt off. Keep it up Fletch! Can’t wait until they move Claude Giroux next for two 4ths and Bobby Ryan.
What does this even mean?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
correct. there are precious resources in Lehigh, and they require sheltering from some of the unfortunate realities of playing professional hockey. Ratcliffe is probably immune, but there are others who will definitely benefit
Certainly and were f***in Philly too who like the rugged big teams.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nope.

This antique imaginary version of hockey doesn’t exist. Goons don’t protect anyone. They waste space.

Young players still get hurt and they do nothing to stop it. They aren’t a deterrent, they’re a sideshow for people who don’t understand the sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad