Confirmed with Link: Flyers Announce 8 signings: Andreoff, Gabriel, Prosser, among others

Cable

Feb 13, 2010
And who is crap?
Each player they have acquired whether it’s through free agency or trade.

For example, Kevin Hayes is a nice player, but the cost makes the acquisition horrendous.

Or what about... Matt Niskanen and Justin Braun? Solid players two years ago. Unfortunately, they where bad last year and for some reason we added them and moved Gudas, a 2nd and 3rd. Had we waited we could have acquired Colin Miller for less.

Just nonstop bad moves for the money and years given and provided for.

Now, do the players added make us more competitive, sure, compared to some of the plugs we had, but we could have done better with the amount of draft picks, prospects and money we had available.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gudas and Miller both being genuine top-pairing RHD who would have been great with Provorov. :sarcasm:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This gives the Phantoms a solid veteran defense behind a forward corp that might include 10 prospects:
[Frost], Farabee, Rubtsov, Ratcliffe, Kase, Laberge, Strome, Sushko, Twarynski, Bunnaman.

A long playoff run would not only help development, but provide an opportunity for college signees to get into a few games before next season.

Cable

Feb 13, 2010
Is that money coming out of your pocket or something? These signings have no bearing on the Flyers cap situation. It's just cash coming from Comcast's Scrooge McDuck-like pool of gold.
Directly, no, I’m not the accountant, but indirectly, being a season ticket holder I am.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Each player they have acquired whether it’s through free agency or trade.

For example, Kevin Hayes is a nice player, but the cost makes the acquisition horrendous.

Or what about... Matt Niskanen and Justin Braun? Solid players two years ago. Unfortunately, they where bad last year and for some reason we added them and moved Gudas, a 2nd and 3rd. Had we waited we could have acquired Colin Miller for less.

Just nonstop bad moves for the money and years given and provided for.

Now, do the players added make us more competitive, sure, compared to some of the plugs we had, but we could have done better with the amount of draft picks, prospects and money we had available.

You said they spent too much money on crap. Hayes, Niskanen, and Braun are not crap. If you disagree with how much they’re making, sure. But don’t try and backtrack on what you said.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Because the Phantoms need bodies and young players need insulation.

Bet the Royals are utilized this year though
Go scout Europe or NCAA and take a chance on untested talent. It's more useful than stuffing the minors with proven fodder.

Reactions: baudib1

Cable

Feb 13, 2010
You said they spent too much money on crap. Hayes, Niskanen, and Braun are not crap. If you disagree with how much they’re making, sure. But don’t try and backtrack on what you said.
Am not. Said they where solid players two years ago. Crap players now and for the cost it makes it worse. If you disagree, check the numbers from two years ago and last year. Facts!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
My first thought on JF Berube: “He stinks.”
My second thought: “He’s the AHL backup.”

Reactions: hatcher

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Still don’t get yesterday’s buyout. I know it’s a tiny, tiny issue financially but I think it hints at a wider inadequacy and overall financial recklessness.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Didn't want shmenko around is what it come down to.

But he’d be a good head in the AHL, much cheaper overall and appears to be a good bloke all in all.

It just doesn’t make any sense. It’s like they just didn’t think it through.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
But he’d be a good head in the AHL, much cheaper overall and appears to be a good bloke all in all.

That's what I'm thinking that's all.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

They didn't want Schlemko on the team, and preferred all the guys they signed today.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad