Confirmed with Link: Flyers Announce 8 signings: Andreoff, Gabriel, Prosser, among others

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course there is, we're going to have 9-10 legitimate prospects in LHV, Fletcher wants veterans who are good fits and good clubhouse guys. Doesn't mean Schlemko is a bad guy, but he probably didn't see an opportunity to play in the NHL here and wants to go somewhere where he'll have a better shot. Why keep an unhappy player around your prospects? To save a half million in cap space?

He brought in a bunch of experienced veterans with NHL experience.

Phantoms should be a playoff team every year, it give you 10-20 PO games for prospects to play and for you to evaluate how they handle a higher level of competition.

It's another minor move that's being nitpicked to death.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I played with Eric Knodel for a brief period in HS. He was much younger than me, he came up from middle school to play for our varsity team. It was funny how much better he was than everyone else, even at that age.
Awesome. Great you played man and had some fun.

Reactions: VladDrag

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Don't care if Schlemko is sacrificing chickens in the locker room to Jobu.
4764C8A9-CA38-4803-AE3B-47C8512A0C76.gif

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Of course there is, we're going to have 9-10 legitimate prospects in LHV, Fletcher wants veterans who are good fits and good clubhouse guys. Doesn't mean Schlemko is a bad guy, but he probably didn't see an opportunity to play in the NHL here and wants to go somewhere where he'll have a better shot. Why keep an unhappy player around your prospects? To save a half million in cap space?

He brought in a bunch of experienced veterans with NHL experience.

Phantoms should be a playoff team every year, it give you 10-20 PO games for prospects to play and for you to evaluate how they handle a higher level of competition.

It's another minor move that's being nitpicked to death.
I believe the GM said this as he wasnt going to have a chance to play at the nhl level. Yep a no noting move being nitpicked is funny. He did the guy a favor and brought in his own players. Wow they lost 600k cap space next year. Gonna set the team back years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The move is annoying because the reason we had Schlemko is because Fletcher decided to do Weise a favor by trading him to Montreal and their contracts matched up. And then we go ahead and do Schlemko a favor as well. :dunno:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Philanthropist Fletch. I hope it is true and somewhere down the line some GM returns the favor instead.

Reactions: kudymen

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm just hoping that even after the cap goes up next year by $2-3 million minimum, we can still manage to survive that $600K cap hit. Right now it's looking dicey. I would not look into tickets for next season until we know the franchise will still exist and be cap compliant for Game 1.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The move is annoying because the reason we had Schlemko is because Fletcher decided to do Weise a favor by trading him to Montreal and their contracts matched up. And then we go ahead and do Schlemko a favor as well. :dunno:

Meh, you cycle through the bottom of the roster, looking for players who are good fits, both on the 4th line/3rd pair/press box and your AHL team. Fletcher took over mid-season, he had to spend his first year evaluating players, he got rid of a lot of guys who didn't have a future this spring and more this summer. If a little temporary cap room is the cost of getting the right players in place, so be it - it ain't 2014 when Hextall had to scrape for every cap dollar.

Fit matters because you need players who can sit for a month or spend most of the year in the AHL, yet be ready to step in at a moment's notice when there's an injury, but not gripe and moan when they're replaced by a talented prospect. This was probably why Hartman was shipped out, if he's not going to be happy in that 4th line role, fighting with NAK for a job.

Reactions: hatcher

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Fletcher did a player a solid. Players will love playing for flyers. Cap space will be there when we need it.

People love playing where they get paid. And we can afford to pay players less because he bought out a player we didn’t need to buy out.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People love playing where they get paid. And we can afford to pay players less because he bought out a player we didn’t need to buy out.

People love playing for organizations that their friends tell them treat their players with respect and decency.

Reactions: hatcher

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fletch must have listened to Hextall about being nice. All those 7th rounders for 7th rounders, and Fletch followed his lead. Then was nice to Schlemko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad