Post-Game Talk: Flyers 7, Penguins 2 - At Least the D Scored a Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
We always play shit when a star player returns, who cares, 3 more to go before the play-off begins. I'm more worried if there is a long hiatus after the last game and the play-off starts, this team tend to sucks after long stretches without games.
it's called a welcome back party the night before. it always tends to go long into the night, and the hangovers are legendary.:laugh:

Reactions: Angrrus

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
GCR -4 but we just caaaan't try any other lines. Zucker - Malkin has never worked. Riikola is good enough to get games as #5.

Sully, stop trying to galaxy brain it and just try the obvious things.

He simply doesn´t have the stones to say anything against the will of his three prmadonna ¨superstars¨

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
But that isn't why they lost this game. They straight up took this one off and Philly just has their number lately.

Yeah, Malkin's line actually created some chances too but that's not too relevant since nobody played any defense. This isn't caused by line juggling. We have seen this exact scenario before, it's complacency, pure and simple. Badly constructed lines can lead to impotent offense but they don't cause players to basically stop playing defense, especially in the neutral zone. Not to mention L1 has stayed the same since forever and it was arguably our worst line yesterday.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wasn't citing to things that happened to the Islanders and Capitals in January. These are things that have happened in the last few weeks.

again, 2-3 weeks ago is not gearing up for a PO run...should not be happening now...we’ve known for awhile who’ll be the PO teams in this division...this is about refining your game

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
again, 2-3 weeks ago is not gearing up for a PO run...should not be happening now...we’ve known for awhile who’ll be the PO teams in this division...this is about refining your game

Not sure why I'm bothering with this, but...

THEN EXPLAIN THE CAPITALS GAMES THAT HAPPENED 3 AND 5 DAYS AGO.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, Malkin's line actually created some chances too but that's not too relevant since nobody played any defense. This isn't caused by line juggling. We have seen this exact scenario before, it's complacency, pure and simple. Badly constructed lines can lead to impotent offense but they don't cause players to basically stop playing defense, especially in the neutral zone. Not to mention L1 has stayed the same since forever and it was arguably our worst line yesterday.

Not so much here but I think it's funny that L1 got absolutely shit-stomped yesterday and has been mediocre to flat out poor for at least a few games now but all anyone wants to talk about is Malkin f***ing up the stew simply by being back in the lineup. Pittsburgh fans are really weird sometimes, man.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Not so much here but I think it's funny that L1 got absolutely shit-stomped yesterday and has been mediocre to flat out poor for at least a few games now but all anyone wants to talk about is Malkin f***ing up the stew simply by being back in the lineup. Pittsburgh fans are really weird sometimes, man.

They did, in fact.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What’s the hook though? Are you a thrice divorced sunglass salesman who drives a Ford Taurus? Do you only eat hot pockets and drink Monster Red? Maybe do some field research at the one Cogo’s that’s still open in like Vernango County?

Nah he just needs to find a Golden Corral and get in the buffet line and take notes.

This shit requires sacrifice, my man.

But like don't actually EAT there. Heavens no.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’m ready to chalk up an off-game as just an off-game, honestly. I just worry that the team just seems so mentally unprepared against certain opponents like Boston and Philly, because we don’t really want to be in a position where we spot Boston two games in a best of seven series before we decide to bring a 60 minute effort.

This simply how I see it, and I’d be interested to a counter-argument for those that are so inclined: why is an entire bad team performance not on the leaders and the coaches? A handful of players or a line having a bad game, well, that’s on the individual performances of the players. But when the whole team turns in a lazy, sloppy, and worst of all, emotionless performance, that’s a far different problem than say a returning player having a rough start or a young player having an off night, or even a bad shift leading to a backbreaking goal.

Also if it’s a question of fatigue, dropping to 2nd in the division but resting players for a few games isn’t a terrible idea. Geno needs to get back up to game speed, but maybe watch that first line’s ice time a bit more, roll 3 and 4 a bit more consistently.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
it was weird that Sully would not let Sid take face offs last night on PP, I know Sid had bad night 3:12 on FO but Geno lost all 5 FOs on PP, and I thought Sully would never ever not let Sid take draws...Am I reading into this too much?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
it was weird that Sully would not let Sid take face offs last night on PP, I know Sid had bad night 3:12 on FO but Geno lost all 5 FOs on PP, and I thought Sully would never ever not let Sid take draws...Am I reading into this too much?

No. It was very bizarre and had a some kind of point-proving feel to it. Dunno.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sad commentary when even the website makes the food look unappetizing... Home | Hoss's Steak & Seahouse

Oh you aren't kidding.

But have you been to a Golden Corral? Perhaps on prime rib day? With a bunch of feral children splashing around in the chocolate fountain? While their parents nearly run over you in their Rascals to get first dibs on the "fresh" vat of butterfly shrimp they just brought out?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not sure why I'm bothering with this, but...

THEN EXPLAIN THE CAPITALS GAMES THAT HAPPENED 3 AND 5 DAYS AGO.

Against us? The Caps didn’t fail to show up. We won one in OT and 3-0 at the end but them we played with tremendous structure last game and got good goaltending...nothing at all like this past game...Caps didn’t give up 45 shots to us

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Oh you aren't kidding.

But have you been to a Golden Corral? Perhaps on prime rib day? With a bunch of feral children splashing around in the chocolate fountain? While their parents nearly run over you in their Rascals to get first dibs on the "fresh" vat of butterfly shrimp they just brought out?
Happy to say I have NEVER been to a GC, but it sounds like I missed out big. Back in my Western PA days, I did visit a Hoss' on more than one occasion. Had clients in the boonies. I see there are still 33 operating Hoss franchises. That's actually impressive.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Happy to say I have NEVER been to a GC, but it sounds like I missed out big. Back in my Western PA days, I did visit a Hoss' on more than one occasion. Had clients in the boonies. I see there are still 33 operating Hoss franchises. That's actually impressive.

How Hoss's has survived but my dear, sweet departed Rax is all but completely dead is a bit depressing.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Rax at least could make fun of Arbys. Just like everyone else.

I've pretty much cut all fast/chain food out over the years but I'd maybe make an exception for Rax. They were filthy, low-rent, poorly run and absolutely fantastic.

I'm not convinced Arby's is real food. I think they've devised a way to repurpose old tires into sandwiches and BAM... Arby's was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad