Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - **** **** ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
are you talking about when Gostisbehere jumped Letang from behind and sumo slammed him into the ice with all of his weight on his neck?

Gostisbehere is a massive *****

i'm talking about when Mccann got lit up by Ghostisberre, i think he threw another hit too. Raffl was blowing up our players up too left and right then Patrick dropped Johnson. Flyers are realizing that Pens are soft as hell, so they can push us around, i can't remember one solid hit a pens player put on any of the flyers.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
About 4 years ago the Pens played a Sunday afternoon home game against Detroit. They weren’t getting a good whistle and the team just kind of lost its collective mind. Got at least one if not two unsportsmanlike penalties, and I think Letang got tossed. A couple of days later they played in NJ, and the Pens got zero power plays. Not a call all night.

Four years later the Pens have the meltdown late against SJ with Sullivan and others getting tossed. Oddly enough the next game, zero power plays.

They still should have won, but man is the NHL a garbage league.

It's really getting to the point the NHL isn't watchable anymore, leaning towards staged WWE garbage where you know everything is staged.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
About 4 years ago the Pens played a Sunday afternoon home game against Detroit. They weren’t getting a good whistle and the team just kind of lost its collective mind. Got at least one if not two unsportsmanlike penalties, and I think Letang got tossed. A couple of days later they played in NJ, and the Pens got zero power plays. Not a call all night.

Here are the games - I did recall this correctly:

Detroit Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins Box Score — March 15, 2015 | Hockey-Reference.com

Pittsburgh Penguins at New Jersey Devils Box Score — March 17, 2015 | Hockey-Reference.com

Four years later the Pens have the meltdown late against SJ with Sullivan and others getting tossed. Oddly enough the next game, zero power plays.

They still should have won, but man is the NHL a garbage league.

Dude, no offense, but you're really reaching here.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
What exactly am I reaching for? The fact that there were two occasions when the Pens had run ins with the officials and proceeded to get boned the next game? Ok.

If you think that these instances are related, 4 years apart, you're reaching. And have way too much time on your hands if you're actively searching 4 year old box scores.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
If you think that these instances are related, 4 years apart, you're reaching. And have way too much time on your hands if you're actively searching 4 year old box scores.

Yes, because the 4 minutes it took me to look for those games to confirm what I recalled really set me back in life. Appreciate the constructive criticism.

If you can't see that NHL referees retaliate when teams and coaches are perceived to have shown them up, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Explain where 4 years apart mean anything but the refs/league hold grudges when challenged.

Like they are above it all and and don't have to be pardison and do their jobs.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's really getting to the point the NHL isn't watchable anymore, leaning towards staged WWE garbage where you know everything is staged.
Really staged????
Explain where 4 years apart mean anything but the refs/league hold grudges when challenged.

Like they are above it all and and don't have to be pardison and do their jobs.

The incidents have nothing to do with each other. Just that there was a crazy game followed by a game with no calls.

That sounds likely. Not crazy.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh, on a national stage....Too.

That's how you'll gain fans... To a borderline fan you'd be "what am I watching, that's just horrible."

The only standard is there is no standard and we'll make it up as we go along.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I don't know if the refs hold grudges for interviews against but they absolutely ref depending on the score. That Cullen penalty is almost certainly not given if the Pens were down by 2 rather than vice versa. We probably would have been on the PP already because Geno wouldn't have been called either.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Really staged????

The incidents have nothing to do with each other. Just that there was a crazy game followed by a game with no calls.

That sounds likely. Not crazy.

Point one, If the league doesn't want something they do something, like last year they didn't want a 3-peat let's give them 19 b2b's. There are a lot of subtle misgivings if you look. Turn a blind eye I guess.

Point two, they have everything to do with each other, they show the refs/league hold grudges.

Again, turn a blind eye, but everytime the team/players challenge the league there is pushback.

Remember Mario going off, any of the hardships?

I know I'm not crazy, crazy is a league can just do what it wants without question.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I skipped this one. Probably most of the rest from here on, for that matter. Don't even really care about the result -- they lost in dumbass fashion... again. Surprise surprise. Anyway, I'm sure this has been pointed out already a billion times but how many of these gimmick games now have the Penguins played in where they lose important to VERY important players to injury? Often via questionable plays. Crosby, Staal and now Letang and Dumo right off the top of my head. Maybe Malkin too... though I mean... tough to keep up with all of that guy's injuries over the years.

In any case hang up the phone immediately the next time the NHL calls about one of these.

Oh and thanks for your not-at-all-petty and intentionally incompetent work as always, NHL officiating.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I skipped this one. Probably most of the rest from here on, for that matter. Don't even really care about the result -- they lost in dumbass fashion... again. Surprise surprise. Anyway, I'm sure this has been pointed out already a billion times but how many of these gimmick games now have the Penguins played in where they lose important to VERY important players to injury? Often via questionable plays. Crosby, Staal and now Letang and Dumo right off the top of my head. Maybe Malkin too... though I mean... tough to keep up with all of that guy's injuries over the years.

In any case hang up the phone immediately the next time the NHL calls about one of these.

Oh and thanks for your not-at-all-petty and intentionally incompetent work as always, NHL officiating.
What it really comes down to... last night was all about GRITTY! Let’s make more dumb jokes about that gimmicky mascot!!

NHL really trying to parlay that so-stupid-it’s-funny (to a lot of people at least) idea to help marketing.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was all about the intense levels of insanity that practically irradiated off the entire concept of Gritty like waves of DMT-level psychedelia. At first.

By now, of course, it has been beaten absolutely to death and circle-jerked to the point of being nauseating. So like just about everything Philadelphia... I'm right back to hating it.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I was all about the intense levels of insanity that practically irradiated off the entire concept of Gritty like waves of DMT-level psychedelia. At first.

By now, of course, it has been beaten absolutely to death and circle-jerked to the point of being nauseating. So like just about everything Philadelphia... I'm right back to hating it.
Yeah. There’s even a lot of Pens fans out there laughing about it/giving Philly credit. Sorta funny at first, but by now just overplayed.

That clip of him on the golf course will be good material in mid-April and May though... granted the Pens may be there with them.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah. There’s even a lot of Pens fans out there laughing about it/giving Philly credit. Sorta funny at first, but by now just overplayed.

That clip of him on the golf course will be good material in mid-April and May though... granted the Pens may be there with them.

I don't hate Gritty the mascot, he's a pawn in all of this.

I hate the league allows teams/players to act on their level.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
yeah , but his head didn't hit the ice. that shouldn't be an injury where you miss the rest of the game. I was just wondering if there was any info on what the hell happened.

What happen is he was headlocked and twisted/thrown to the ice, and with his neck history that's the most likely injury.

Reactions: Jtown

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
yeah , but his head didn't hit the ice. that shouldn't be an injury where you miss the rest of the game. I was just wondering if there was any info on what the hell happened.

Pens don’t say shit about injuries unless it is a concussion. I assume it is a shoulder or hand issue similar to Malkin a few weeks back.

It also is Letang..

Reactions: Jtown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad