Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - **** **** ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It wasn't a class action lawsuit, only 100 former players, settled for $19 million.

I see. I'm not savvy to the finer details of these things but from what I gather it was denied class action status? And that settlement is hardly intimidating.

Something tells me the NHL isn't at all afraid of the slow moving, often corrupt wheels of "justice." They have money to throw at the machine, after all. That usually helps a bunch.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I see. I'm not savvy to the finer details of these things but from what I gather it was denied class action status? And that settlement is hardly intimidating.

Something tells me the NHL isn't at all afraid of the slow moving, often corrupt wheels of "justice." They have money to throw at the machine, after all. That usually helps a bunch.

Just because one suit was denied class action status by one judge does not preclude the next suit from being granted status.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just because one suit was denied class action status by one judge does not preclude the next suit from being granted status.

True enough, I suppose.

Welp. Maybe we'll see another inch of progress in another five years or so? Maybe next go around the plaintiffs can even get a settlement that would buy them more than a used Hyundai! Here's to hoping.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I don't agree with the narrative at all. D isn't helping him. Only so much he can do.
You have a bunch of f***ing ass clowns in front of him and yeah Murray has let a few soft ones in but our goal scorers aren't scoring and our defense is ass. The system is also atrocious this season.

The only good pens writer is J-bomb.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You have a bunch of ****ing ass clowns in front of him and yeah Murray has let a few soft ones in but our goal scorers aren't scoring and our defense is ass. The system is also atrocious this season.

The only good pens writer is J-bomb.

Shout out to @Jesse.

Also, tbh Rossi is an emotional shit bag. But for the most part when he isn’t crying about his friends he’s levels better at objective articles than DK and Yohe.

TheTang58

Nov 30, 2018
Independent of these injuries, this team is unwatchable. Just chip the puck from here to there without being able to generate any real separation or room for anyone to make a play.

JR succeeded in 2016, not necessarily by adding the best players he could have, but by assembling a group who all pulled in the same direction and who, collectively, hit a critical mass in a few areas (speed, tenacity). We're back to the 2015 squad, where it's just 20 guys of variable quality who don't have any particular strength in common. Watching these Pens is no more or less interesting than watching those Pens.

On a team-wide basis, the Pens are average sized, average speed, below-average toughness, below-average defense, above-average finish. This type of roster never amounts to anything.
Teams like this have never amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I woke today and thought last nights game was just a nightmare.

Then I realized, it was a nightmare, but it also really happened.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Imagine if this team was built to out score you, then at the end of the game rush by the enemy bench and subtlely trash talking the other team that they won and they are losers and and over time make the East lose confidence in themselves and we always come out smoking every East team every year and always make the finals because we destroyed the Easts confidence and they feel worthless.

The things you think of when you're taking a shower.

Spoonman32

Jun 22, 2011
Yet, if they put as much effort to fixing the D-core as they went out of their way to land Brassard, that series against the Caps probably goes differently.

Even with meat head Letang. They put a lot of stress on the D-corpse and Goaltending.

They are trying to fix that this year. Painfully/slowly.

Isn't it ironic? He didn't want to go after an actual 3C because he didn't want to overpay to get one, nor did he find it prudent to allocate 4M of the cap for one, but yet here we are 20 months later, after spending so many assets to ultimately end up with Bjugstad/McCann as the best 3C options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad