Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - **** **** ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Dare I remind you, Sid’s line plays with Dumo and Letang, who according to many is having a Norris caliber season.

Last night, most of the time, they won't have done.

Regardless. He has a +/- of +18. Hardly an issue

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Counterpoint to those who believe it was rigged; We can still play defensive hockey, and Murray can still stop pucks, even if the league wants the refs to call phantom penalties to create drama (they don't).

Unless Murray's been a sleeper agent this whole time...

conspiracykeanu.jpg

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Last night, most of the time, they won't have done.

Regardless. He has a +/- of +18. Hardly an issue

+/- only counts ES. On ice GF/GA includes a bezillion shorties against. Sid runs the PP unit that allows them.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
yeah , but his head didn't hit the ice. that shouldn't be an injury where you miss the rest of the game. I was just wondering if there was any info on what the hell happened.

Ghost RKOed him and his neck got wrenched.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Oooh golf reference burn, I approve.

Didn't watch the game but I'll reiterate what others have said, Murray isn't the main problem why we are loosing games. If anything he needs more starts.

But he can definitely loose individual games.

And can we please ban the name Fleury from these boards, it's getting old. It's over, let it go.

Murray has been the main problem in far too many games this season. It is very very hard to unravel the cause/effect relationship between how the team and the goalie plays. Many times this team looks like a team that is going "here we go again" when murray is giving away goals like free candy. I thought it was very telling in a post game interview a few games back after Murray had a stellar game. Dan was interviewing Rust post game (forgive paraphrasing here) he asked about how good murray was. Rust's answer was to the effect that murray is a core of the team and it's great when he plays to his potential like that. Flat out implying how Murray is not playing the way he aught other times.
I mean we all know that, and I don't think Rust was throwing Murray under the bus I think it just slipped out that way, but it stuck in my head, I definitely think the team is starting to or has been looking at Murray with a jaundiced eye. Wondering what kind of game they will get out of him.

How can anyone trust that Murray will be solid in the playoffs? He is getting past the prove it to me stage and if he's garbage next season I'm sending him off to the moon and looking for another goalie. Single most important position of all sports and ours is all over the map.

on a semi-related note. I wonder if Murray wears contact lenses? Reason being. *I* have gone through a period where I let in some really bad goals that I completely whiffed on. I was in a big what the heck is going on mode, come to find out my astigmatism which distorts things was not being corrected. My lenses that correct that were drying out when on the ice and shifting, I literally was having the puck disappear on me when it would get really moving. At first I thought I just must suck (which not saying i don't). Then i had a big wait a moment.

Fast forward eye doc diagnosed what was going on, got new lenses that don't dry out. I could once again see the puck rotating in the air as it comes at me. World of difference for me. Just throwing that out there as it is something that can happen (vision issues) and be really subtle. It took me months to finally go something isn't right I need to get my eyes checked and ask the doc about this (I go every year). Could the concussion stuff effect your vision subtlety like that? I would think they would check that sorta thing, just throwin this out there. For myself my old lenses checked out fine at the office, it was only an issue at the rink, the cold air would just dry em out.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No suspension for Simmonds as apparently he didn't even hit Dumoulin in the head. Not that the head wasn't the primary point of contact, he just completely didn't hit him in the head. That makes perfect sense.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, Letang essentially got guillotined. Hopefully he just tweaked something and didn't fully re-aggravate his previous injury.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No suspension for Simmonds as apparently he didn't even hit Dumoulin in the head. Not that the head wasn't the primary point of contact, he just completely didn't hit him in the head. That makes perfect sense.

That makes no sense...

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
At least I enjoyed most of the game ... lately this team has been unwatchable, hopefully this start a positive trend.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
We had complete control the refs made a call to give Philly a chance to make it exciting. Ruh made some bad decisions to ice the puck unnecessarily and Murray gave up a terrible goal with 20 seconds left. That’s it boys! Move on to the next one and hope Dumo and Tanger are not out long term because if they are this is all a moot point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Yohe is a ****ing idiot. To even remotely imply Murray is the biggest problem on this team is just absurd.

The guy is also a massive hypocrite. He's one of those who defended Fleury endlessly every time Fleury had one of his infamous meltdowns.

I guess Murray just isn't friendly enough to the media for them to judge him as a quality goalie. "Smile more, save less".

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Top 2 D injured and this genius Yohe decides that this is the right time for this article?!? Clickbait or he is really that dumb?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016

Yohe is a ****ing idiot. To even remotely imply Murray is the biggest problem on this team is just absurd.

I mean, I do think Murray blew the game, but Yohe and DK have been going hard after Murray lately and it's pretty over the top.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I also found this article sloppy because Yohe implied that Iowa is a hockey wasteland (he said that if someone from Iowa tuned into this game, they would get the wrong idea about hockey because the on-ice conditions affected the quality of the product). I live in Iowa and there are 5 USHL teams, an AHL team, and 3 NHL teams within a 4-5 hour drive. There are tons of hockey fans here. Do some research.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
The guy is also a massive hypocrite. He's one of those who defended Fleury endlessly every time Fleury had one of his infamous meltdowns.

I guess Murray just isn't friendly enough to the media for them to judge him as a quality goalie. "Smile more, save less".
It has been my experience with this board that those who vehemently supported Fleury also take every opportunity to trash Murray. Much the same way that a sizable percentage can't seem to grasp that we can love Sid AND Geno equally, and that you don't have to tear down one to build up the other.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It has been my experience with this board that those who vehemently supported Fleury also take every opportunity to trash Murray. Much the same way that a sizable percentage can't seem to grasp that we can love Sid AND Geno equally, and that you don't have to tear down one to build up the other.

Agreed. It's even obvious in the PGT. If Murray's having a strong stretch of games, certain posters are nowhere to be found. The second Murray has a stinker, they show up and post frequently.

Reactions: ncm7772 and DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad