Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ 2K22 Tunguska "Grison" 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Well, one thing is true, this is on the coach. He benched Jensen, like we all wanted, and they fell apart. Reirden , and apparently us, are all too stupid to see that Jensen was the only thing holding the mess together :D
I'm sure we'll hear that from txpd ad nauseum.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
An assist for Fever! :yo:

Saturday Night Fever!

giphy.gif

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Goalie change, team plays well. Maybe if we had a coach with half a brain, we'd still be in this. But unfortunately he decides to change goalies after he basically buries the team.

What a shame.

Reactions: Pomee

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
ROFL 7 goals... then changes goalie. Great coach eh?
Mystifying decision. To wait that long and then pull him at very end, with game out of reach. Unless maybe he was hurt?

Among many other shortcomings tonight ... i don’t what the actual percentage was, but it seemed like we barely won any faceoffs. I know giroux & Coutourier are two of the best, but still. Gotta be better at the dot.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Well sure but they haven't been losing 7-2 every night, they've been winning a ton of games. This was an egg, their problems all season long weren't all as bad as this game represents.
Their PP has sucked for weeks, though. That’s a continuing issue. As is Holtby’s play.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Mystifying decision. To wait that long and then pull him at very end, with game out of reach. Unless maybe he was hurt?

Among many other shortcomings tonight ... i don’t what the actual percentage was, but it seemed like we barely won any faceoffs. I know giroux & Coutourier are two of the best, but still. Gotta be better at the dot.

they’ve been bad at face offs for years. Would expect them to find ways to get better..

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well, one thing is true, this is on the coach. He benched Jensen, like we all wanted, and they fell apart. Reirden , and apparently us, are all too stupid to see that Jensen was the only thing holding the mess together :D

How do you know the glue isn't Nick Dowd?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’m ok with him keeping holtby in. Getting holtby back is worth more than 2 points right now, and I’m a “every game counts” kinda guy. Holtby has to see he is losing the job and money is falling off the table every time he plays. If it’s a coach who believes in him is what he needs it’s worth a shot. The problem is the team is losing faith and that’s why they play tight when he is in net IMO.

the real irony is just a few months ago I was hoping we could find a way to resign him. Now that he would probably be cheap enough to do so, I don’t think I want him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad