The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Trade Winds? Bruins are all ears

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I have Frolik in the sim league, so I could prob deal him for 2 firsts if he becomes a Bruin

He is the missing link- Bruins have two more Cups easy with that guy. In sim league you would be mad to deal him, even for that return, because if he becomes a Bruin, you know it will be because he will put the team over the top. Don and Cam will swear to it.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He is the missing link- Bruins have two more Cups easy with that guy. In sim league you would be mad to deal him, even for that return, because if he becomes a Bruin, you know it will be because he will put the team over the top. Don and Cam will swear to it.

I would program him in to be my 6th attacker, for sure.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Carlo reminds me Hal Gill with a bit more skills than Gill had.

I don’t agree. Gill had zero grit and was who he was his entire career; a soft but tall capable defenseman. Carlo has some spit in him and only 23 yrs old. Defenseman develop so much slower than forwards, it’s way too early in Carlo’s development to make any definitive judgements on him. Besides, we already know Carlo has a better stick than old Hal. Give it time.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I think this is something to keep an eye on. They already are looking for cuts:

Bruins’ days as a true Stanley Cup contender could be over - The Boston Globe

The Bruins were one of 17 teams that have taken measures to reduce expenditures this offseason, according to TSN. Management requested the coaching staff, helmed by Jack Adams Award winner Bruce Cassidy, forgo their playoff bonuses to avoid cuts in the hockey operations budget. Asked if the Bruins had the cash to be at the cap next season, team president Cam Neely said they “could be, I mean it’s just a matter of do we want to be and where we’re at and what’s going to happen next year? Until we find out really though when are we starting, how many games is the season going to be, that’s going to be a factor in some decisions that we’re going to make. But we may not have that luxury to make those decisions.”
They might not be the only team that feels the COVID-19 crunch.

Amazing. A franchise worth 4.2 BILLION with an ownership family worth billions asking a coaching staff to forgo a few hundred thousand bucks so they can pay a few hundred thousand buck in operation costs. Imagine that.

Glad the Jacobs family wealth was not around and not needed during America involvement in WW2, when everyone made sacrifices for the good of the nation. My mind is blown at the amount of personal greed.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Just like replacing DeBrusk in any hypothetical where he’s moved, I think Carlo only makes sense if he’s replaced. I’d rather have Pietrangelo + winger that Carlo brings back than Hall + defenseman that DeBrusk brings back.
just depends on the other names for me. But yeah, you don't move Carlo unless you have an upgrade in place already. An argument can be made that considering age & cost value that Carlo is the better bet anyway, but obviously Pietrangelo is a huge upgrade for the next 2 or 3 years at least.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Josh Anderson excites and scares the f*** out of me equally.

excites:

Big nasty power winger who has excellent speed to go along with his power forward game, he has potential to be a bull on skates every shift. He’s also shown a willingness to throw a hit and drop the gloves and would add a middle 6 potential guy who brings that missing element. 6’3” 220 lbs who loves to hit and skates like the wind.

scares:

injury prone, and these players have shown to breakdown and fast. Can he return to form of that middle 6 power winger capable of scoring 25+ goals? He’d look nice next to Krejci or Coyle. But is he going to return to form or did you just buy Matt Beleskey 2.0?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

excites:

Big nasty power winger who has excellent speed to go along with his power forward game, he has potential to be a bull on skates every shift. He’s also shown a willingness to throw a hit and drop the gloves and would add a middle 6 potential guy who brings that missing element. 6’3” 220 lbs who loves to hit and skates like the wind.

scares:

injury prone, and these players have shown to breakdown and fast. Can he return to form of that middle 6 power winger capable of scoring 25+ goals? He’d look nice next to Krejci or Coyle. But is he going to return to form or did you just buy Matt Beleskey 2.0?

How old is he and how long has he been in the league?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Amazing. A franchise worth 4.2 BILLION with an ownership family worth billions asking a coaching staff to forgo a few hundred thousand bucks so they can pay a few hundred thousand buck in operation costs. Imagine that.

Glad the Jacobs family wealth was not around and not needed during America involvement in WW2, when everyone made sacrifices for the good of the nation. My mind is blown at the amount of personal greed.

I wouldn't hold my breathe for the ownership group who didn't host the multiple fundraisers a year they promised to have an Ebenezer Scrooge-like epiphany.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

excites:

Big nasty power winger who has excellent speed to go along with his power forward game, he has potential to be a bull on skates every shift. He’s also shown a willingness to throw a hit and drop the gloves and would add a middle 6 potential guy who brings that missing element.

scares:

I like Anderson . But since McAvoy hammered him he hasn’t been the same player but I like him. If I was them I be interested . ( very)

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

excites:

scares:

no kidding.

Buyer beware.

He's an RFA..........so big question is what will he be looking for? Is he willing to take a one year, prove yourself, deal?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Nothing Carlo does is critical to this team. He is a complimentry player. He is also over rated by other teams. If someone overwhelms you and that is possible.... Trade him fast. Thats my opinion. He can be replaced.
He's 2nd only to Chara in short handed TOI on the team. 14th in the NHL in short handed TOI per game. He plays critical defensive minutes that will only become more critical when Chara retires.

If Chara walks and Carlo is traded then you have NOTHING behind McAvoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad