News Article: Fluto: Milan Lucic under trade consideration by Bruins

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would anyone do Lucic for Eberle straight up? I would, but I doubt EDM would agree to that.

Eberle/yakupov absolutely if he asks for that much that they are expecting, 7-8.5.

Eberle is signed in his early prime for 6M and Yakupov is on a cheap contract.

Move Eriksson to lw and add size into our bottom6 to repace lucic.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would anyone do Lucic for Eberle straight up? I would, but I doubt EDM would agree to that.

Eberle was 5th or 6th in scoring from the All-star break onward. Doubtful they are looking to move him now. If they wanted him they should of jumped on it in December when his numbers were down and the Oilers were in a free-fall.

As far as making that trade, I would want to hear what Lucic's contract demands are. Cause if they are whacked, I'd gladly deal him for Eberle straight up and take his 6 million cap hit vs. the potentially 8.5 Lucic might ask for.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eberle was 5th or 6th in scoring from the All-star break onward. Doubtful they are looking to move him now. If they wanted him they should of jumped on it in December when his numbers were down and the Oilers were in a free-fall.

As far as making that trade, I would want to hear what Lucic's contract demands are. Cause if they are whacked, I'd gladly deal him for Eberle straight up and take his 6 million cap hit vs. the potentially 8.5 Lucic might ask for.

Oilers can't afford a 8.5 winger with McDavid coming, so that deal wouldn't work from either side.

That's way too much money for Lucic, his agent would have some balls to ask for an extension that big especially considering he's not even coming off a good season. 18 goals and asking for 8+ .... get outta here Looch.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

Lucic will have a 30 goal season in 2015/2016. Its his contact year. Some fool will over pay him at 7.5 million....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oilers can't afford a 8.5 winger with McDavid coming, so that deal wouldn't work from either side.

That's way too much money for Lucic, his agent would have some balls to ask for an extension that big especially considering he's not even coming off a good season. 18 goals and asking for 8+ .... get outta here Looch.

Even if he scores 25 next season without an extension I can't see any team giving him 8.5 million per unless they have LOADS of cap space and real money to blow.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This is what I want, the 1st thing he does is to call Lucic and ask what he wants/what he expects, if it's anywhere near that he just has to go, it would hurt too much.

This was 1 point that I was referring to you earlier, I don't want to trade him but they know his value(lucic and his agent)

I'd try to sell him on 4yrs/ 28m (7m per). Takes him to 31yrs old allowing him time to still nab another pay day.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd try to sell him on 4yrs/ 28m (7m per). Takes him to 31yrs old allowing him time to still nab another pay day.

But if the thought is that he is after 7 years that is a hard sell, would leave millions on the table. They know powerforwards aren't worh nowhere near that after 30.

It's a hard sell but if they can do it then great. But we really can't expect him to take that, he is ufa and still elite.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Anyone here willing to give Lucic $8.5 M per on a multi year deal. According to Fluto thst is what one high powered agent said it would take

if anyone is willing to give Lucic $8.5M per I would drive them to the loony farm. Strip out the love for the Bruins and the rosy glasses most Bruins fans about Lucic and look at the pure statistical analysis of him and he isn't worth his current salary never mind a healthy raise. Lucic is a $4-5M per year player in my opinion and obviously won't take that so I ship him out soon to maximize return. Sidney Crosby makes $8.7M and Looch is worth $8.5????? What planet is that happening on?

Last edited:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Not saying Chiarelli has no interest in Lucic, but I think we had a better chance at dealing Lucic to Edmonton when MacT was in charge, and for a better return.

I wonder who floated out that "Lucic under trade consideration" rumor to Fluto at the end of the year? Was it Chiarelli, was it Neely, or someone else. My money is on Chiarelli.

That was the headline. There's nothing in that article that even hints that the Bruins are considering trading Lucic. It simply states that it's an option to consider.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Anyone here willing to give Lucic $8.5 M per on a multi year deal. According to Fluto thst is what one high powered agent said it would take

Dan, Are you starting trouble again ? :laugh:

Even I think 8.5 is too much.

I hope the B's and Looch can agree to a $ amount to keep him on the B's.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Dan, Are you starting trouble again ? :laugh:

Even I think 8.5 is too much.

I hope the B's and Looch can agree to a $ amount to keep him on the B's.

Hopefully Dan meant 8.5M for 2 years = $4.25M per year and then we are talking!:handclap:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
What i think happens is the Bruins sign Stewart as a UFA in the 5 year 25m range. then they move Lucic prior to the start of the season.

And before saying Stewart sucks, ask the Minnesota Wild fans what they think of him.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
What i think happens is the Bruins sign Stewart as a UFA in the 5 year 25m range. then they move Lucic prior to the start of the season.

And before saying Stewart sucks, ask the Minnesota Wild fans what they think of him.

Even if he's cleaned up his act in Minny, that's a lot of term and coin for a guy who has had issues in 3 cities now.

To me that looks a little too much like Benny Pouliots Edmonton deal.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

No. I may be in the minority here, but I don't think Eberle would thrive in Boston. He's a good goal scorer and can set up good goals for his line mates, but he brings nothing defensively or physically, and if he ain't scoring hes useless.

I'd rather take a punt on someone with a cheaper contract that at least has wheels. Yakupov im all for, but not at the expense of Looch. Use him for something else. Send him and someone else to Carolina and fleece them of Faulk

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
No. I may be in the minority here, but I don't think Eberle would thrive in Boston. He's a good goal scorer and can set up good goals for his line mates, but he brings nothing defensively or physically, and if he ain't scoring hes useless.

I'd rather take a punt on someone with a cheaper contract that at least has wheels. Yakupov im all for, but not at the expense of Looch. Use him for something else. Send him and someone else to Carolina and fleece them of Faulk

How about Lucic and Seidenberg for Yakupov and Klefbom/Marincin?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Eberle is Brad Boyes Jr.. Soft permiter player who relies on heavy PP TOI & brings zero to the table but his 25ish goals. Not a guy you go to war with.. Pass

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Even if he's cleaned up his act in Minny, that's a lot of term and coin for a guy who has had issues in 3 cities now.

To me that looks a little too much like Benny Pouliots Edmonton deal.
Not saying that is what i would do. mind you i was one of the only ones who thought Stewart on a new team would turn it around.

look at what Clarkson got, Clowe. power forwards get paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad