News Article: Fluto: Milan Lucic under trade consideration by Bruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fluto pens this for the Monday Globe

The Bruins are proud of Milan Lucic’s career path. Lucic is the standard of how organizations want to build their rosters.

He was the Bruins’ second-round pick in 2006. In 2007-08, when he was expected to be the captain of his junior team, Lucic willed himself into the NHL. Since then, Lucic won a Stanley Cup, became the personification of the Black-and-Gold brand, and defined himself as the NHL’s singular power forward.

The lifelong Bruin may have a new employer this offseason.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...eFYP3yNpjacFhTjWN3JJ/story.html?event=event25

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
It HAD to come to this.

The bottom line is this... if I'm Lucic's agent, I'm telling him that if he has a moderately good contract year, someone will throw a contract in the neighborhood of $50 million his way.

The Bruins can't afford that. They need to do with Lucic what they did with Boychuk - get what they can before they lose him for nothing. Hopefully, they're able to get some immediate help.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Sigh. Lucic was inconsistent. Yes. But so was everyone else on this team.And he actually showed some fire playing with the kids.

Lucic is too much about the B identity.

The only trade I'd consider would be Lucic for Taylor Hall. Or some other player of similar caliber.

If Chiarelli trades Lucic for depth pieces, I'm going to lose my ****. I'll have myself committed; and order my estate to sue the Bruins organization for damages.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006

There's a lot of moving parts but I think the timing is right. We could understand why the team overpaid the first time but there's very few reasons on why the Bruins would pony up for #17 this time. I know that some people still see him as a force but to these eyes, he's not the game changer he used to be. Aside for the month of march, he was a total non-factor this year. We need help at D and Lucic is exactly the kind of quality player who can land us a young stud at D. Since we have ZERO depth at D and considering that Chara is aging faster then expected, we need to bring help for Douggie and Krug. Morrow and Trotman are still questions marks and i'm not sure that the Bruins have the luxury to make experiments during the season.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Would anybody be interested for a return like Muzzin + Toffoli ? We probably add tho

Edit - Lucic, Smith, 2nd for Muzzin and Toffoli

Eriksson - Krejci - Toffoli
Marchand - Bergy - pasta
x - Spooner - Connolly

Chara - hamilton
Seids - Muzzin
Krug - Morrow

Last edited:

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I think it should definitely be explored in the off-season. He's gonna be looking for a big contract a year from now that might be too rich for our blood so it would be stupid not to explore the options. However my faith in Chia doing so and finding a good return is incredibly low.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Sigh. Lucic was inconsistent. Yes. But so was everyone else on this team.And he actually showed some fire playing with the kids.

Lucic is too much about the B identity.

The only trade I'd consider would be Lucic for Taylor Hall. Or some other player of similar caliber.

If Chiarelli trades Lucic for depth pieces, I'm going to lose my ****. I'll have myself committed; and order my estate to sue the Bruins organization for damages.

Not trying to be rude but can you answer this honestly for me. Have you watched Taylor Hall on a consistent basis?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It'll be great when PC dumps him for a bag of nickels and then spins it on Behind the B's that he had to go. I'm sure we'll be treated to all sorts of stories about how he didn't have any work ethic, and how he didn't get along with anyone in the room...

Also, if this rumor being floated is true, I guess we have our answer about whether PC and Julien are safe. Clearly they are if they're discussing off season moves. Jacob's must have been offering nothing more than lip service, which is nice. Placate the crowd with empty threats and actually do nothing. Credibility hit in a big way.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Can they fire Chia before he trades lucic away.

Sure seems like fluto is Chia's mouthpiece these days- first the article telling Cam to give chia some time and now this.

I'd go with Cam and lucic on an extension instead of chia and whoever he'd be able to get in return for lucic.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
The contract that he's going to get scares the hell out of me. 7 years at $6-7 million, per. Likely closer to 7 than 6. Hopefully he doesn't get that here, and hopefully Chiarelli isn't the GM that will trade him, so we can maybe get a good return. IF he does get that here, you might as well trade Krejci. Doesn't make sense to have Krejci making over $7 Million when Spooner will be the one playing with Lucic.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I really don't think Lucic was used properly this past year. I don't have any proof but I would be willing to guess that after what was said implied and went down at the end of the Montreal series that he was told to restrain his actions this year. I really can't think of any other reason why he held himself back so much. His attack lacked something - as if he was afraid to get a penalty. Even when he had altercations it was more like he was angry but couldn't or wouldn't fight.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No, signing him for 6-7 years would be a huge mistake, biggest we can now make.

I keep hearing this with no precedent.

What have Lucic's last three contracts been? How long have they been for? And why do you think that is?

But I keep reading "6-7 years" like the Bogeyman trying to scare everyone into trading him away.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
latest

(As long as it's not Chiarelli doing the dealing.)

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I don't want a trade Lucic for two or three other players.
And by that I mean I don't want to trade a quarter for two dimes
and a nickle. I want to trade Lucic, a quarter, for a quarter!
I am tired of that crap, see Sequin and Thornton.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
I keep hearing this with no precedent.

What have Lucic's last three contracts been? How long have they been for? And why do you think that is?

But I keep reading "6-7 years" like the Bogeyman trying to scare everyone into trading him away.

he's entering free agency for the first time and will be on the open market. he's signed good deals for himself and the team, buying out the rest of his restricted seasons but on the open market you don't think he'll get 6-7 years?

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I stopped watching this team for three years after Thornton and Samsonov were dealt. I suffered through the Stumpel, Hienze and Dimaio years previous to that trade and wasn't going to sit through that crap again. If Milan Lucic gets traded for anything less than a King's ransom, I'm out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad