The Athletic - Boston Fluto: If the Bruins want Jack Eichel, they need to act fast for the Sabres’ disgruntled center

member 96824

I'm old enough to remember when Boston didn't have the assets to trade for Taylor Hall

Lmao well I just said that so I guess this is directed at me. I'd like a link to back your snark up...shouldn't be hard to find, your memory seems sharp.
I'd also like to re-iterate the point was I don't think we have the assets to outbid LA or NYR in building a team around Cozens(20 years old), Dahlin(20 years old) and Power or whoever they grab with their 1st(18 years old). Not that we don't have the pieces to get a deal done, I think we do..but a lot of them probably don't make a ton of sense for Buffalo in it's current state.

So I'd also like to ask for a list from you of our top notch 20 and under pieces that are going to land 24 year old Jack Eichel.

We'll ignore the rest about how trading for Jack Eichel and trading for Taylor Hall at the 2021 deadline are two incredibly incredibly incredibly different scenarios.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Why's that?

Adams has to be feeling pretty good about that deal. If the "rumors" are correct that Hall would only accept Boston, he got a top 60 pick and a guy who scored more goals than Taylor Hall in less than half the games. Seems like a win-win to me...if you believe Hall was only willing to go to Boston.

Maybe....long term, especially if Hall re-signs here it's likely lop sided though.

I don't think Bjork will be in the NHL 3 years from now, personally.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Maybe....long term, especially if Hall re-signs here it's likely lop sided though.

That’s a sharp decline for Bjork. I think in a full season next year with the ice time he’ll get you should see his production start to go up a bit. He won’t sniff top 6 but he’s an NHL caliber player just on effort and grind alone.

Reactions: inactive user

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
That’s a sharp decline for Bjork. I think in a full season next year with the ice time he’ll get you should see his production start to go up a bit. He won’t sniff top 6 but he’s an NHL caliber player just on effort and grind alone.

Maybe. The KHL and SEL are littered with guys like him though.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Looks like I have to trot this out again:

59afou.jpg

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lmao well I just said that so I guess this is directed at me. I'd like a link to back your snark up...shouldn't be hard to find, your memory seems sharp.
I'd also like to re-iterate the point was I don't think we have the assets to outbid LA or NYR in building a team around Cozens(20 years old), Dahlin(20 years old) and Power or whoever they grab with their 1st(18 years old). Not that we don't have the pieces to get a deal done, I think we do..but a lot of them probably don't make a ton of sense for Buffalo in it's current state.

So I'd also like to ask for a list from you of our top notch 20 and under pieces that are going to land 24 year old Jack Eichel.

We'll ignore the rest about how trading for Jack Eichel and trading for Taylor Hall at the 2021 deadline are two incredibly incredibly incredibly different scenarios.
Wasn't aimed at you but did enjoy the vanity in your response
This is moot until Eichel is healthy but if he was or becomes ,time is on Boston's side

Reactions: BrainOfJ

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I'd rather it was 1000-1 he lands here- I have 10 million reasons for feeling that way :laugh: I'd prefer we not turn into the Leafs.

Wouldn’t be too hard to find the $10 mill for him though

Krejci out 7.25 off the books
Rask from 7 to 6 aav
Backes 1.5 off the books

there’s your 10 million for Eichel

but long term it could be a issue considering in a few seasons McAvoy and Pastrnak will most likely be 10 million dollar aav players

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wouldn’t be too hard to find the $10 mill for him though

Krejci out 7.25 off the books
Rask from 7 to 6 aav
Backes 1.5 off the books

there’s your 10 million for Eichel

but long term it could be a issue considering in a few seasons McAvoy and Pastrnak will most likely be 10 million dollar aav players

Oh yeah, I have no doubt they could do it, but I would be concerned about the long term as you say. Would not like to have 1/3+ of the cap tied up in 3 guys. That is Leafs land and we've seen where that has gotten them.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Neck and contract are gonna make Eichel's return far below what the Sabres and their fans want for him. He could be the trade of a lifetime if he plays another 15 years at a high level or trade dud if his injury recurs/worsens.

Bruins most likely will avoid, especially if CM73 is the ask. Thats just silly for an injured player...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Buffalo should have not traded Hall especially to Boston.

I’m assuming Jack Eichel is home in Chelmsford sitting with his father watching Derek & Fred....oops, Jack & Brick, seeing his former linemate playing with all these Bruins guys he grew up watching having a grand old time and saying bleep this

I know I would be like this

Looking at Cap Friendly not sure who can fit him in other then LA & Boston ~ Chicago if Towes can’t return but all the usual suspects are up against it

Reactions: 13Hockey and Afam

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jack's one of my favorite players but I also root for entertainment and funny things above all else. All aboard the Arizona train.
Brad I’m not buying Arizona

how can they afford him?

Keller has to start but the Sabres ain’t taking money back

Rangers can offer Zibanejad but he’s likely one and done

I see the Kakko part but how can the Rangers add $10 M and the Sabres with Skinner & Okposo aren’t going to take on another bad contract

the Bruins make the most sense and this is my opinion folks ~ you deal Pastrnak for Eichel

my opinion folks ~ you don’t add anything to it if you are Boston

Both players NMC start in August so neither can block

The other problem for Buffalo is Pastrnak in 2 years is a UFA

I want to sign Krejci 2 year extension & Hall for the Kovalchuk 13 year deal

LA makes sense if Buffalo wants prospects

member 96824

how can they afford him?

I see the Kakko part but how can the Rangers add $10 M and the Sabres with Skinner & Okposo aren’t going to take on another bad contract

the Bruins make the most sense and this is my opinion folks ~ you deal Pastrnak for Eichel

oh yeah 100% I don't buy Arizona getting it done for a second but it would be hilarious to trade a disgruntled player there. I think the betting odds are a combination of Biz saying he's going to AZ on spittin' chiclets and AZ being the mystery "western conference team with a new GM that wants to make a splash for a 1C" but I don't actually see how it gets done. NYR or LA for me.

I think NY can afford to pass, but I don't think LA can... so my real actual guess is LA

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I dont think the Rangers are sold on Kakko as a 1c. I could see them dangling him in a package for Eichel.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I dont think the Rangers are sold on Kakko as a 1c. I could see them dangling him in a package for Eichel.
How can they fit him in ?
New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Buchnevich an RFA will take Brendan Smith an expiring UFA

they are paying Fox $925 till next summer then time to pay the piper

taking Eichel in they need to get $10-12 M off

don’t see how Rangers can carry $21 + M in Panarin & Eichel

Trouba makes $8 M with nmc

Zib Is UfA next summer 0.0 Buffalo taking

I don’t see how Rangers can get rid of money and satisfy Buffalo

maybe Zibanejad, Kakko, one of those young D they just drafted

Zib works with Rangers though

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

how can they afford him?

Have I ever mentioned how little a Pastrnak for Eichel swap interests me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad