News Article: Fluto: By trading Dougie Hamilton, Update: Signs 6yrs/34.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Never did and was doing what any other 21 year old would do with a bunch of money
This one trade to haunt this team for a long time.

Can people stop with this ********* rationalization please? There are 18-21 year olds playing pro sports every damn year, making tons of money, and a VAST majority of them don't get traded out of town for acting like children.

Just stop with this ********. Saying "oh well everyone does it" is a) false and b) a HUGE reason why the people that DO do it are like that- because nobody ever told them no, nobody ever held them accountable. Just enough. Jesus.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Can people stop with this ********* rationalization please? There are 18-21 year olds playing pro sports every damn year, making tons of money, and a VAST majority of them don't get traded out of town for acting like children.

Just stop with this ********. Saying "oh well everyone does it" is a) false and b) a HUGE reason why the people that DO do it are like that- because nobody ever told them no, nobody ever held them accountable. Just enough. Jesus.

CJDolan, could you please tell us what you really think on this matter?

I can't tell from this post. You're being a little vague. :laugh:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
It's obvious, the kid wanted to be in Canada and he has the pull and the pedigree to make it happen regardless of what you think.

Get over Dougie

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Game. Set. Match.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
CJDolan, could you please tell us what you really think on this matter?

I can't tell from this post. You're being a little vague. :laugh:

Haha just sick of hearing that BS get thrown out in 90+% of Seguin conversations.

OK i cant just resist adding one qualifier.

Which other professional sport can a player have a choice between playing in his country vs the American market AND REALISTICALLY COMPETE?

My little mini rant was about rationalizing Seguins behavior and how he was a rich 20 year old so that excuses everything. I see it all the time here and it's just such a weak excuse, especially considering there are plenty of young players in every league making millions, and a vast majority act like professionals.

Hamilton is a totally different story. Seguin and Hamilton both obviously had the same locker room situation, being one of the very few young guys with a very veteran locker room. I give Hamilton all the credit in the world for acting like a professional in the situation. He shut up, did his job, and left in a far more graceful way. Yes, it sucks that he's gone, it sucks the way he went out, but he never once had any off ice problems, never had his production suck due to partying, etc.

For all of the people that say Seguin had a ton of money and did what any young player with money would do, just take a look at what Dougie did. He shut the hell up, did his job, and didn't make half assed excuses (like Seguin saying it was hard to be young in that locker room) because he had nothing that he needed to excuse. I know that Hamilton and Seguins contract situations were different, but I have a feeling Dougie could've been partying as much as he wanted on his current deal, he just chose to be an adult and do his job.

OutspokenMinority*

:handclap:

full disclosure: while i probably would have db'd it up similar to ts at that age, he really seems unable to control himself. very needy kid. that ain't going away. ever. although i do wonder how he will look at the new generation of young kids when he's 30. that will be an interesting moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad