The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Bruins trade tiers: Who’s movable and who’s untouchable

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i'm okay with a Chaisson for Bjork deal. I think we've seen what Bjork is, and it is, at best, whelming. Chaisson plays a more physical game and sounds like he could be a plus on PP2. Maybe work with him on the PK and you have a special teams ace who doesn't hurt you 5-on-5

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
i'm okay with a Chaisson for Bjork deal. I think we've seen what Bjork is, and it is, at best, whelming. Chaisson plays a more physical game and sounds like he could be a plus on PP2. Maybe work with him on the PK and you have a special teams ace who doesn't hurt you 5-on-5

Is that really a need for the Bruins though? That is the sort of player they have and have had plenty of for years. It seems like a lateral move to me. Bjork has not been great, granted, but if he is a player that another team might see some value in, it would seem to make more sense to use him to get towards something of need, even a pick, rather than another bottom 6 grinder type.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins4thecup65

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
If that's who the Bruins target with assets, I've officially given up on their pro scouting team.

Type of player that can be had via free agency and for cheaper. Why bother giving up any assets for a guy like that when the team has much bigger issues to resolve than the bottom 6.

I know they're different players, but trading a young left shot RW for a tall right shot RW couldn't help thinking about the Reilly Smith trade.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Keith for Debrusk resigned at 4.5-5?? Keith has 2 years left at 5.5 and about 2-3 left of good play. replaces krugs minutes easily.

Since you think Boston fans are being unreasonable just go post this trash proposal over on the main " Trade Rumors " section and see what type of responses you get from non-Bruin fans.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Is that really a need for the Bruins though? That is the sort of player they have and have had plenty of for years. It seems like a lateral move to me. Bjork has not been great, granted, but if he is a player that another team might see some value in, it would seem to make more sense to use him to get towards something of need, even a pick, rather than another bottom 6 grinder type.
I just think he adds some size and physicality without a significant drop of in production. And i just want the B's to find/develop a couple PK aces so they can reduce how much they roll 37+63 out there, even if it's only 30 seconds a game. I get that they're amazing at it, and i still want them in that role, just trim it back a smidge

Reactions: Dr Hook

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
As far as bjork goes due to injuries and a few other smaller issues I don't think we do know what he can be yet . I cettainly wouldn't be afraid to trade him but to me it would not be a smart move at this point unless a team had a pretty high value on him .

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
But Chiasson is paid 2 million a year and we would be down one less asset to use to trade.

Chiasson is literally a regular player that I'm sure we can find in free agency and pay half as much and not give up a single asset.

If Chiasson is a throw-in in a deal I wouldn't be upset. If he is the main target in the deal, we really need to be questioning the management at this stage. Use of the free agency and trade acquisitions since Sweeney took over have far more misses than hits. A lot of Sweeney's bottom 6 UFA pick ups have been the exception, no need start trading for that.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
But Chiasson is paid 2 million a year and we would be down one less asset to use to trade.

Chiasson is literally a regular player that I'm sure we can find in free agency and pay half as much and not give up a single asset.

If Chiasson is a throw-in in a deal I wouldn't be upset. If he is the main target in the deal, we really need to be questioning the management at this stage. Use of the free agency and trade acquisitions since Sweeney took over have far more misses than hits. A lot of Sweeney's bottom 6 UFA pick ups have been the exception, no need start trading for that.
ahh, crap i read the linked article about Chiasson and Khaira too quickly and thought Chaisson signed for 1.2M.

Yeah, 2.15 is too steep. especially with Bjork being cost controlled for 3 years. i recant my previous endorsement of the deal

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Keith for Debrusk resigned at 4.5-5?? Keith has 2 years left at 5.5 and about 2-3 left of good play. replaces krugs minutes easily.

Since you think Boston fans are being unreasonable just go post this trash proposal over on the main " Trade Rumors " section and see what type of responses you get from non-Bruin fans.

And of course he never posted his troll proposal over on the main " Trade Rumors " section because he knew it would be ridiculed. :thumbd:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Let’s talk Josh Anderson

he’s available and Bruins have the Cap room and the space as well as likely players they could toss back

RFA

1/3 in 26 Games

just what is he really ?

My TAKE

I’m Columbus I’m scared shitless paying this guy

Bruins ?

I see him playing the MoJo part heavier game, different style but effective

slot him on third line next to Coyle - big heavy line with two guys who’ve atleast scored 20 goals in a season

I don’t see him anywhere but third line so that’s his value - gambling on his health and not paying for 2018-19 in salary or return

you basically have to end the Senyshyn in Boston which many will have no problem

what’s it going to cost?

0.0 I give up Frederic or Vaakanainen

Bjork seems logical

Obviously in no position to know how they feel about Zboril, Senyshyn etc
im in on anderson.
but i think he would be great rw for bergy and marchand.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It looks like everyone on the Bruins are untouchable lol just being a little crazy today that’s all

Hey deal whoever you want, just keep your hands off of Chris Wagner, Sean Kuraly, Par Lindholm and anyone else who is a 4th line type or 3rd line grinder. This is to keep Sweeney from getting more of them.

Reactions: BAD BOY

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
What do you think??

Trade one:
To Boston, Turris ( Nashville retains 2 million each year of his contract), Ekholm
To Nashville, Debrusk, Moore, Kuhlman
This gives us depth at Center and shores up our number one pairing of Ekholm and McAvoy.
Turris can also play RW.
Cap should be a wash with the contract Debrusk will get.

Trade 2
To Boston - Wennberg, Anderson and Korpisalo and second rd pick
To Columbus - Debrusk, Moore, Rask

We receive an extra year of a good young goalie in Korpisalo. Anderson gives us the size we need on wing and we get a center to replace DK in two years. We get to unload a bad contract in Moore. In year one this deal should net us 2-3 million in cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad