Pre-Game Talk: Florida vs. Ottawa Dec 19th

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Wiercioch sets up Michalek for a beuty last night, and sits now, while corvo had an horrible game, but seeing how Maclean has fallen for corvo, i don't think he sits anymore. It is unfortunate. Conacher wen't three straight games with an assist looks to be finally finding his game, but has to sit because the BIG BAD PANTHERS are coming to town. GMAB

Conacher gets some good ice time has a three game point streak and then plays 7 minutes the next game. Do you really want to know why our young guys (outside of Zibby) are not performing ? The coach is inconsistent and wonders why the team is ? This is ALL on the vets and they should be the ones sitting if you really want to send a message. :shakehead

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Funny how our goal song is "Wake Me Up", this team needs to wake the **** up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I am honestly starting to wonder if Maclean is trying to send a message to management that this team desperately needs another top 6 player. Well at least that is what i am hoping.

he has no one else to play up there. He has literally tried everyone

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
he has no one else to play up there. He has literally tried everyone

I call BS he has the guns he IS NOT deploying them correctly. Zibby in the top six solved the problem but he ****ed around with that. MacLean better give his head a shake real quick because the GM feeling he has to come in the room after the game is a VERY BAD sign. He won't give his young players a fair shake and keep going back to his foot soldiers that he loves so dearly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't know why he doesn't go back to Zibanejad up there, or maybe Pageau.

Anyway, I think that the team bounces back and has a good game tonight. A win over Florida puts us 1 point back of Toronto assuming they also lose tonight. Ottawa's not in a horrible position considering they have played pretty bad hockey so far this year.

If they find any measure of consistency they probably stroll into the playoffs (the world is not ending).

Also I find it funny that Murray went in afterwards. I think his speech would be something like "...and I'm not going to trade you to contenders. I'm sending you to ****ing Winnipeg, Edmonton, Toronto or the Isle if you don't have a NTC mark my ****ing words. So smarten up."

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I call BS he has the guns he IS NOT deploying them correctly. Zibby in the top six solved the problem but he ****ed around with that. MacLean better give his head a shake real quick because the GM feeling he has to come in the room after the game is a VERY BAD sign. He won't give his young players a fair shake and keep going back to his foot soldiers that he loves so dearly.

Zibby has shown flashes on the top line but more often then not that line was unable to sustain pressure hence why they ended up being just a powerplay line.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
These pre-game threads need a poll asking which opposing player will score the first goal of the game

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 3m
Expect Kassian with Pageau and Neil.

Feeling sorry for Pageau

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Also I find it funny that Murray went in afterwards. I think his speech would be something like "...and I'm not going to trade you to contenders. I'm sending you to ****ing Winnipeg, Edmonton, Toronto or the Isle if you don't have a NTC mark my ****ing words. So smarten up."

Too bad he's given basically everyone a NTC then.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Zibby has shown flashes on the top line but more often then not that line was unable to sustain pressure hence why they ended up being just a powerplay line.

Are you telling me that Greening is better ? Condra ? or tonight Zack Smith ? Zibbys flashes have been similar to Spezza's "flashes". Once again go with the underperforming vets over a hungry young player. COMPLETE wrong message to send .

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 3m
Expect Kassian with Pageau and Neil.

Feeling sorry for Pageau

Once again putting a young guy in a position to suceed LMAO. Then everyone on the board will comment how Pageau hasn't performed well :shakehead

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Are you telling me that Greening is better ? Condra ? or tonight Zack Smith ? Zibbys flashes have been similar to Spezza's "flashes". Once again go with the underperforming vets over a hungry young player. COMPLETE wrong message to send .

no what i am saying is Maclean has no options he is just going to keep cycling players cause that is all he can do

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
i'm surprised wiercioch is sitting and not corvo after last night. I like joe, but he had a bit of a rough game last night as compared to patty. if you're going to send a statement to players that the best players play, hard to justify joe over patty tonight.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
no what i am saying is Maclean has no options he is just going to keep cycling players cause that is all he can do

I am saying he has options but just continually goes to his favorite "foot soldiers" every chance he gets. How come Conacher can put up big points in the top 6 in Tampa and is scratched here ? Because the coach in Tampa beleived in him and let him make a few mistakes without demoting him to 7 minutes and the forth line at the first sign of trouble. How come Lehner has been fighting the puck lately, because he has to be PERFECT or else he will be back on the bench in favor of the veteran Anderson. How about Gryba and Weircioch had such a good impact last year and have struggled this year. You try to play with the fear of the press box constantly in the back of your mind. What has been done to our underperforming veterans NOTHING, they get chance after chance after chance. These guys can make mistake after mistake after mistake and MacLean does NOTHING. Conacher Zibby and Pageau were the only forwards that came out of last gaem even. Zack Smith -3 and he gets promoted to Spezza's wing. WHY !!!!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So I take it from everyone here that the team will win if Conacher plays and Kassian doesn't?

Riiiiiight that's it. the game changer.

I thought this team will win if our best players play. Last I checked neither of those are on the best player list.

The hysteria is predictable, but still laughable.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
i'm surprised wiercioch is sitting and not corvo after last night. I like joe, but he had a bit of a rough game last night as compared to patty. if you're going to send a statement to players that the best players play, hard to justify joe over patty tonight.

Please "best players play" is a pile of rubbish. The veterans play wish they would just get rid of the "entitled" ones and bring up some Bingo boys, would love to see the "pesky sens" again.

John Holmes*

So I take it from everyone here that the team will win if Conacher plays and Kassian doesn't?

Riiiiiight that's it. the game changer.

I thought this team will win if our best players play. Last I checked neither of those are on the best player list.

The hysteria is predictable, but still laughable.

Conacher COULD make a difference out there.

Kassian definitely can't.

Waste of a roster spot. Of course his 1:05 TOI could make the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad