Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
ept_sports_nhl_experts-123301837-1258226820.jpg

Thing of beauty.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm neutral on their current logo, but strongly dislike their color scheme, so this is a net negative effect for me.

I've always far preferred two colors max and then black and/or white. Three colors on a jersey has never appealed to me.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I hate both the existing logo AND color scheme.

Purge it all, start fresh. I don't think their brand has ever been appeasing.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
With a couple of tweaks to the arm striping I think the current set is really good.

I would just do the dark blue yolk, not down the arms, then match the arm striping to their sock striping.
sabres_panthers_hockey-1.jpg

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Never liked their existing logo that much, always thought it looked dated. I am interested to see what they come up with.

My thoughts as well. Never really thought their colors were awesome, but they really weren't that bad either. Pretty indifferent. Stoked to see what they do.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Naturally, they're doing the exact inverse of the correct thing.

There's one too many colors in that uniform set, IMO; either the navy or the yellow should go. (I'd settle for the navy becoming a brighter blue, like the old Rockies colors, but one of them really should go.) Meanwhile, the imma getchu cat is a great logo, and should stay.

Le sigh. Panthers gonna Panther.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Good for them. Their current logo is a generic and boring piece of crap.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It's funny because most liked the logo not the color, and they're changing the logo and keeping the color

Always love a jersey change. Hope they keep their logo though it's a classic.

florida-panthers-logo.png

^beauty

ept_sports_nhl_experts-123301837-1258226820.jpg

Thing of beauty.

I agree. Those early-day Panthers jerseys were fantastic. If they bring these back as the third jerseys, they'll out-sell their new ones fairly certainly...and they'll likely switch to them permanently a la Flyers (and hopefully Pens next year).

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well that's a bummer

i've always been a huge fan of their look, and especially their logo. easily one of the best in the NHL

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but I always felt like there was something... off about the Panthers logo for me, so I'm all for them trying to take a crack at it again. For instance, I think that the Preds did a damn good job with cleaning their logo, albeit I would still change a couple things, so hopeful that the Panthers are able to do a good job, too. That being said, I'll withhold judgement on the very likely chance that they just screw the pooch and make a mess.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Good. They could use the head of the Panther, but they don't need the entire thing.

They should definitely be looking at a logo without the body imo.

ejsvf6ira3ggsff4mjrxh4ree.gif

I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but I always felt like there was something... off about the Panthers logo for me, so I'm all for them trying to take a crack at it again. For instance, I think that the Preds did a damn good job with cleaning their logo, albeit I would still change a couple things, so hopeful that the Panthers are able to do a good job, too. That being said, I'll withhold judgement on the very likely chance that they just screw the pooch and make a mess.

I get that the body is supposed to be further away than the head but I always thought the body just looked smaller as opposed to further away. So it just wound up looking kind of goofy.

Like the legs in particular :laugh:

florida-panthers-logo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad