Confirmed with Link: Florida Panthers Claim Noah Juulsen

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Actually if we ran with 22 man roster (with both Mete, and Juulsen), We would be $8k over the cap. Buying out Alzner was a mistake.. that cost us $400k of cap space this year and only saved $200k next year.

From my understanding, after frolik and Perry on waivers, we have over 700k in cap space...

Also, we save 2M on the cap next season when we have all the players to sign, hence buying out Alzner now...

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I wonder what the Panthers are doing there. Seriously. He hasn't played in two years and they think the good thing for his development would be to sit him? They already have an overcrowded blueline and added Gudas this offseason.

I just don't get it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Byron is what -- a centerman? Man, the homer bias never ends on this site. A damn 4th liner.

When did I say that? Johnson provided value at his cap hit when he was a centre. Now he’s not a centre so his value has diminished. He’s not good defensively and provides minimal on the PP.

If anyone is biased it’s you with your already formulated hatred of Byron.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
From my understanding, after frolik and Perry on waivers, we have over 700k in cap space...

Also, we save 2M on the cap next season when we have all the players to sign, hence buying out Alzner now...

Yes, with Perry and Frolik on the taxi squad, we have $708K of cap space. You are correct... with Juulsen, it would have been $8k of cap space. Habs probably wanted Juulsen to play games and more cap flexibility

Reactions: 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When did I say that? Johnson provided value at his cap hit when he was a centre. Now he’s not a centre so his value has diminished. He’s not good defensively and provides minimal on the PP.

If anyone is biased it’s you with your already formulated hatred of Byron.

Yeah, an already formulated bias for an overpaid 4th liner. What a tremendous reach.

Of course, there you go with another forum trope about "hatred". Yeah, I really care about "hating" any player, I don't know them personally. How laughable.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah, an already formulated bias for an overpaid 4th liner. What a tremendous reach.

Of course, there you go with another forum trope about "hatred". Yeah, I really care about "hating" any player, I don't know them personally. How laughable.

There’s your proof right there. Because he’s on the 4th line it means he’s a 4th liner. I guess Joe Thornton is a 1st line LW now? Maybe he’s a franchise player still since the Leafs put him with such talent. A guy you build around. That’s your logic at work.

Ben Chiarot is a #2 defenceman as well, he’s on the top pairing. Guess we could trade him straight up for Hanifin who is on the second pairing. That means he’s worse right.

Maybe the Wild can trade us Bonino for KK. That’s a 2nd liner for a 3rd liner right there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron has always been a favorite of management's. They don't want to risk losing him.

I'm not a management hater but they overlooked the waivers management issue.

1) I said over a month ago that Weal needs to be traded (add a 3rd if you have to). Some Habs fans said no... A 3rd is valuable. Well, so is Juulsen for our future and Perry for the now. 75% of the poster not wanting to add a 3rd didn't understand what I was saying or foreshadowed

2) Alzner should have not been bought out. Cost us $400k of cap space this year and only saved $200k next year

3) Byron is liked by both players and mangement but nobody claims him if he is put on waivers. Then you wait for the cap to open up (daily formula) or wait for an injury and you get to keep both Byron and Perry. Nobody is claiming Byron with his AAV and term left... it was the lowest probability of someone getting claimed

Bergevin can't go one off season without making a mistake. If both Juulsen and Perry get claimed, he's going to get criticized for this

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is a case where Habs aren’t really at fault as Noah was just a subject of a LOT of bad luck. Hope he picks things back up and while it sucks to see him go, there wasn’t a spot for him anytime soon and the kid needs to play.

Unfortunately, it is something that was out of the player's and the organization's control. His injury at some point was even career threatening.

And what also sucks is that when Juulsen was waiver exempt, the Habs couldn't take advantage of that due to his injury. And the first year he needs to go through waivers, he gets claimed.

Reactions: sandviper

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Another failed 1st rounder. The Habs should trade all their first-round picks instead of picking busts.

That was Hartford’s reasoning when they traded 3 firsts for Glenn Wesley. “Our first round picks all bust so what does it matter?”

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Only if Florida places him on waivers and only if the Habs are the only team to place a claim on him should that happen.

Because I believe that even if a team is behind the Habs in the waivers priority order, if just one more team places a claim on Juulsen next time around, he will go to the other team.

I may have misunderstood it.
What I understood if that only the Habs claim him, they can send him to the taxi squad without waiving him. Otherwise he has to play in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad