Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Non factor for us, nothing to be upset about

Hope he gets his career back on track

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'm disappointed.

What I'm pissed at is that they didn't find him a league in Europe to play in in the Fall, even a 2nd division league. That way, even if he spent a lot of time in the press box, he still would have played a significant amount this year. Now, with Perry and Frolik on waivers, they actually have room for Juulsen under the cap.

Reactions: ROEN

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Guessing Poehling will be the next one to go...so from 2009-2016 in terms of first round picks, we have Drouin to show for it.

Reactions: the

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Byron has a much higher impact in a game that a guy like Juulsen does

Not the point.

Is Byron better than Johnson?

If Johnson can be exposed so could Byron. Juulsen didn't have to be lost like that. Of course, maybe there is info we're not privy to about Juulsen's prognosis. I'm hoping the decision hinged on info we don't have even if I don't wish the player anything bad.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Unfortunately injuries derailed his development.

He wasn't good at all in his time up over the past 3 seasons.

Doubt Habs will regret this in any way in the future.

Wishing him the best obviously.

Dunno, I thought he was ok, guess we’ll never know what could have been if he wasnt hurt, add him to the list of failed first rounders.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tyler Johnson can be placed on waivers but oh, not Byron. This could have been avoided.

Tampa had the intention of clearing a lot of cap space. We can manage by sending down significantly lesser players than Byron in order to keep him and make the team better.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Right. I would had prefer that they put Mete on waivers or another forward. Juulsen will be a very good player in Florida.

They could have now fit Juulsen under the cap without putting Mete on waivers, now that they decided to waive Perry and Frolik.

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Right. I would had prefer that they put Mete on waivers or another forward. Juulsen will be a very good player in Florida.

Hard to say, he could end up being a great pickup for them, hard to say where his confidence is BUT he did look good in camp, he'll get great allies in Duddley and the rest of the ex-Habs staff with Florida, Habs have done very very badly with ex D prospects ending up on other teams ... hope it doesn't come back to bite them ...

Jul 6, 2016
They could have now fit Juulsen under the cap without putting Mete on waivers, now that they decided to waive Perry and Frolik.
That's even a worst decision, then. There was no rush signing these vet players that are now on waivers themselves.

Reactions: 26Mats

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Actually if we ran with 22 man roster (with both Mete, and Juulsen), We would be $8k over the cap. Buying out Alzner was a mistake.. that cost us $400k of cap space this year and only saved $200k next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad