Proposal: Florida gets out of the Bob Contract while Landing the Big Fish

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The idea of this is Flordia uses the market to get rid of the worst contract in the NHL to land the biggest prize on the Market in Jack Eichel as they have a similar contract. Now obviously Bob has to waive. Which I’m sure he would with threats of being sent to the press box maybe a friend of the owner “donates” x millions to his family if he moves to Buffalo. Anyway...Excuse my spelling of foreign names.

Florida: Sergei Bobrovsky, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell, 1st 2021 and 1st 2022

Buffalo: Jack Eichel

Florida replaces a terrible Bobrovsky contract with a franchise C to compete with Barkov and Buffalo gets the best package available for a player who wants out.

who declines?

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The idea of this is Flordia uses the market to get rid of the worst contract in the NHL to land the biggest prize on the Market in Jack Eichel as they have a similar contract. Now obviously Bob has to waive. Which I’m sure he would with threats of being sent to AHL maybe a friend of the owner “donates” x millions to his family if he moves to Buffalo. Anyway...Excuse my spelling of foreign names.

Florida: Sergei Bobrovsky, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell and 1st 2021

Florida replaces a terrible Bobrovsky contract with a franchise C to compete with Barkov and Buffalo gets the best package available for a player who wants out.

who declines?

The Sabres.

I mean seriously??? Take back a goalie who is washed up AND has a contract that makes the Skinner one look like a bargain for some prospects and a late first?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The idea of this is Flordia uses the market to get rid of the worst contract in the NHL to land the biggest prize on the Market in Jack Eichel as they have a similar contract. Now obviously Bob has to waive. Which I’m sure he would with threats of being sent to AHL maybe a friend of the owner “donates” x millions to his family if he moves to Buffalo. Anyway...Excuse my spelling of foreign names.

Florida: Sergei Bobrovsky, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell and 1st 2021

who declines?

He has an NMC. He can't be sent to the AHL without his consent.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
giphy.gif

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

who declines?
:laugh: :laugh: And you honestly think that Sergei Bobrovsky is waiving his NMC for that joke of an organization? Doubt Lundell and Tippett are going anywhere. As it sounds like now Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, McCabe and Ullmark all want out of Buffalo. So why would Bobrovsky waive for a team in turmoil? Yeah not happening and to even suggest that Bobrovsky would waive to Buffalo is laughable.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Florida: Sergei Bobrovsky, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell, 1st 2021 and 1st 2022

who declines?

I don't think the Sabres go for this unless you are prepared to retain 50% on Bob... then I think the value is there.

.... and I don't think this would be "the best possible package available" unless you completely remove Bob the Goalie.

Also, Bob is not going to waive his NMC to go play in Buffalo and pay $1 million more in income taxes in Buffalo.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Bob's contract is almost untradeable. I dont see a GM who would take on 50 mill in cap over the next 5 years for a guy going to be 33 before next year starts.

In fact its so bad its probably the only reason Barkov doesn't re-sign with them. If he wants to chase cups having 10 mill tied up for a backup goalie makes it much harder. For the record I am still betting he resigns but it has to be on his mind.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Sabres fans keep expecting a package like "Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell and 1st 2021"
which i dont think will happen, but might, if it includes a Cap dump like Bob's deal

But i dont think Fla moves Bob, he is part of their all-in plan alongside Q

Eichel, if moved, only brings back a package like Thornton, Seguin, Nash did, not like once paid for Lindros.
Yes more if a Cap dump (or retention) but a team, w Skinner's deal already, needs to try to avoid another long huge deal

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
:laugh: :laugh: And you honestly think that Sergei Bobrovsky is waiving his NMC for that joke of an organization? Doubt Lundell and Tippett are going anywhere. As it sounds like now Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, McCabe and Ullmark all want out of Buffalo. So why would Bobrovsky waive for a team in turmoil? Yeah not happening and to even suggest that Bobrovsky would waive to Buffalo is laughable.
You can get anyone to waive. Would it be considered tampering if let’s say Florida payed lets say a fashion company let’s say 50 million dollars to set up a Buffalo Sabres themed photo shoot that’d pay him 40 million?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Sabres fans keep expecting a package like "Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell and 1st 2021"
which i dont think will happen, but might, if it includes a Cap dump like Bob's deal

Eichel, if moved, only brings back a package like Thornton, Seguin, Nash did, not like once paid for Lindros.
Yes more if a Cap dump (or retention) but a team, w Skinner's deal already, needs to try to avoid another long huge deal
Knight and Drieger are already better then Bob. Yes that was the plan but plans change

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

And they are right. You are wrong unless the Sabres GM/ownership is an idiot...
That package even without Bob is bad. With Bob its insulting...
If the offers are not good enough this offseason, trading him would be foolish. There is no need to do that when he has 5 years left on his contract.
Tell him he needs to stop fighting with the doctors, get healthy and prove his value if he ever wants to get a trade.

Trading Eichel for a couple of non elite prospects that haven't proven themselves yet is a recipe for disaster and could kill that franchise. They better make sure they know what they are doing.
ROR 2.0 can't happen or things might completely spiral out of control in Buffalo...

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
If the offers are not good enough this offseason, trading him would be foolish. There is no need to do that when he has 5 years left on his contract.
Tell him he needs to stop fighting with the doctors, get healthy and prove his value if he ever wants to get a trade.

Trading Eichel for a couple of non elite prospects that haven't proven themselves yet is a recipe for disaster and could kill that franchise. They better make sure they know what they are doing.
ROR 2.0 can't happen or things might completely spiral out of control in Buffalo...

Lundell not an elite prospect you what mate? Probably the best prospect outside of NA.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Even if Bob would waive, I don’t see Buffalo doing it. You’re spending 1/4 of your cap on Skinner and Bob for the next 5 years, so you’re basically committing to a scorched earth 5+ year rebuild.
Well.... yeah, where do you think the Sabres are heading? They won't be good for the next 5 years. Is that even debateable?

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
You can get anyone to waive. Would it be considered tampering if let’s say Florida payed lets say a fashion company let’s say 50 million dollars to set up a Buffalo Sabres themed photo shoot that’d pay him 40 million?

And when has something like that happened?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Lundell not an elite prospect you what mate? Probably the best prospect outside of NA.

We will see about that next year. I wouldn't take that gamble if I were Buffalo. I don't think he has legit #1 C potential (still should turn into a solid NHLer) and thats what the Sabres need in return...

And Seider is miles ahead of him. So are a few others IMO but its very hard to judge due to this very weird season where prospects haven't played many games.....

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

You have no idea how good those 3 prospects are clearly

Reactions: VijayPatel11

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
We will see about that next year. I wouldn't take that gamble if I were Buffalo. I don't think he has legit #1 C potential (still should turn into a solid NHLer)...

And Seider is miles ahead of him. So are a few others IMO but its very hard to judge due to this very weird season where prospects haven't played many games.....

Seider is better but not miles imo but will see we are happy to keep him and play him behind Barkov as a 2C

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad