Proposal: Florida gets out of the Bob Contract while Landing the Big Fish

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
People have really got to stop saying stuff like this. Off the top of my head, I can name five+ centers who are better than Eichel last year: McDavid, Draisaitl, Crosby, MacKinnon, Marchand, and Matthews. That's six who are clearly above Eichel, there's probably a couple I'm forgetting, and that's not even getting into the large group of players who are in the debate with Eichel for that 7th spot, like Stamkos, Barkov, Point, Giroux, Malkin, Kopitar, Barzal, Tavares, Marner, etc. Eichel last year was in the debate as a top 10 center, but anyone looking at it realistically can see he's fighting for spot 10. He's more accurately described as the 10th or 11th best center in the league with a consistent and ongoing set of injury concerns. At no point has he been a top 5 center, and being (barely) a 10th or 11th ranked center doesn't really mean much when A- you cost 10 mil against the cap and B-miss a huge chunk of games every year.

Brad Marchand? isn't a C he's a W

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Brad Marchand? isn't a C he's a W

As I mentioned to the other two people who pointed it out--I was working from memory and mixed up on a couple of players (had vague recollections that they played both C and W, as many players do. Was wrong. Point still stands).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Oh boy. Sabres fans in for a rude awakening once Eichel trade finally goes down. How many times have we seen a star player trade value overrated here and the return been medicore at best?

If you want Eichel to Florida. The deal would most likely look like

Vatrano, Denisenko, Heponiemi, 2021 1rst, 2022 3rd for Eichel

Horrible? Yes, I know and I didn't even add a cap dump in that deal to make it work. So add in Stralman

This aint a proposal or never do I see this happening. But the value of the trade from whatever team would be along these lines

That's just how they always unfold. This aint the days of Lindros trades

Proven me wrong. When was the last time a star player was traded (not UFA) and returned what HF GM's expected?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Oh boy. Sabres fans in for a rude awakening once Eichel trade finally goes down. How many times have we seen a star player trade value overrated here and the return been medicore at best?

Horrible? Yes, I know and I didn't even add a cap dump in that deal to make it work. So add in Stralman

This aint a proposal or never do I see this happening. But the value of the trade from whatever team would be along these lines

Proven me wrong. When was the last time a star player was traded (not UFA) and returned what HF GM's expected?
Erik Karlsson, PLD, Kessel to leafs, Hamonic and Dougie Hamilton to Carolina.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Erik Karlsson, PLD, Kessel to leafs, Hamonic and Dougie Hamilton to Carolina.

Karlsson trade was wayyyyyy less than Ottawa fans were hoping. In the end it worked out but not at the moment of the trade
PLD trade is a bust for both parties. Unmotivated player for another
Kessel was good trade value
Hamilton trade was good deal for Canes but not a superstar when deal went down

If you think Karlsson trade was good. Lets see.

My horrible offer is in same what Ottawa got for Karlsson. Keep in mind at the moment of the trade that 1rst rounder was expected to be 20-30th overall

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
As I mentioned to the other two people who pointed it out--I was working from memory and mixed up on a couple of players (had vague recollections that they played both C and W, as many players do. Was wrong. Point still stands).

I think you may have meant Bergeron? He's a great 2 way forward who plays between Marchand and Pasta

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Florida does not need a number 1 center; it has Barkov. Bennet appears to be a solid and affordable 2c. Florida does not need cap relief, since it is currently well under the cap. It also has a number of vets with expiring contracts and short-term decisions to make on who to resign. Bob has a NMC, which he is unlikely to waive for Buffalo given its unfortunate current status. Thus, the proposed trade makes no sense for Florida. Easy pass.

It also makes zero sense for Buffalo. Right now, the sole priority should be on hiring a competent GM and HC.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
If you don't even know what position the players play how do you have an opinion on them? Let alone be confident enough to rank them because obviously you've never watched them.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Bob has 5yrs left but will only play 3 more years here at the most before he’s rid of one way or another. And Barkov has one more year left. There’s nothing about bob and his contract that would prevent Barkov from re-signing

You are kidding yourself if you think Barkov isn't looking at that 10 mill thinking it could be another star player or 2 really good players helping him win a cup.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

Shit I seen average UFA"S get a better return

Reactions: Pyrophorus

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The idea of this is Flordia uses the market to get rid of the worst contract in the NHL to land the biggest prize on the Market in Jack Eichel as they have a similar contract. Now obviously Bob has to waive. Which I’m sure he would with threats of being sent to the press box maybe a friend of the owner “donates” x millions to his family if he moves to Buffalo. Anyway...Excuse my spelling of foreign names.

Florida: Sergei Bobrovsky, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell, 1st 2021 and 1st 2022

Buffalo: Jack Eichel

Florida replaces a terrible Bobrovsky contract with a franchise C to compete with Barkov and Buffalo gets the best package available for a player who wants out.

who declines?
Spencer Knight would headline this deal. He’d have to as the main piece. He’s the best prospect Florida has.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am sure Sabres fans will love this proposal. The Bobrovsky contract would make the Skinner one look good.

There are so many things wrong about this proposal. I get Tippett and Lundell being somewhat valuable pieces that would be attractive to BUF. The 1sts, likely in the 20's...ok...nice, but not lottery picks which will get you near Wright, Lambert, Michkov, et al, especially under the new rules. But then you want them to take that giant turd of a contract? That negates almost all of the pieces you are offering.

On top of that, FLA. is one of the few teams that has a legit #1C, and a nice #2C prospect in Lundell. FLA doesn't need an Eichel. Just a poorly thought out, unrealistic proposal.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
The idea of this is Flordia uses the market to get rid of the worst contract in the NHL to land the biggest prize on the Market in Jack Eichel as they have a similar contract. Now obviously Bob has to waive. Which I’m sure he would with threats of being sent to the press box maybe a friend of the owner “donates” x millions to his family if he moves to Buffalo. Anyway...Excuse my spelling of foreign names.

Florida: Sergei Bobrovsky, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippet, Anton Lundell, 1st 2021 and 1st 2022

Florida replaces a terrible Bobrovsky contract with a franchise C to compete with Barkov and Buffalo gets the best package available for a player who wants out.

who declines?

Sabres.

If you forced to move Bobrovsky in the deal, there has to be nore involved, like a bad contractvfrom Sabres, and one more A or B prospect to Sabres.

To Florida : Eichel and Skinner.
To Buffalo : Lundell, Owen, Denisenko, two rooster players, Bobrovsky. 2 1sts unprotected berween 2021 -2023

As a start.

Eichel and Skinner are two rooster players - they need to be replaced in the deal.
Eichel is a quality center - needs to be replaced.
Euchel is a top tier talent - two good prospects and 2 firsts.
Bobrosky for Skinner. is equal.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
You are kidding yourself if you think Barkov isn't looking at that 10 mill thinking it could be another star player or 2 really good players helping him win a cup.
Sure but bob will be gone one way or another after only 2 years into a new Barkov deal. And who knows, maybe zito finds a way to get rid of him sooner. If he wants to sign somewhere else it’d be for other reasons, not because of bob

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

who declines?

Uh, the Sabres?

Is this a joke and I'm missing it?

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->