Proposal: Florida-Carolina-Winnipeg

rinne

Oct 10, 2016
Tampere
This seems like the summer when people have realized that there are two great centers in Panthers' roster. And now they are wanted... It would be cool tho if people had even an basic idea of the value of those two. Horrible proposal after proposal. (And then there were those Borgström proposals too that didn't make too much sense either. Specially Borgström to Habs seemed to be trend for a while...)

Barkov is not moving. He is too good player in a sweetheart contract. (Same goes for Trocheck.) Value-wise only trade with Barkov that would make sense even a little with Winnipeg included is that Scheifele is going other way. And even that doesn't make sense really. Barkov (and Trocheck) won't (or shouldn't) be moved for quantity. Florida needs quality of the same level. Barkov is elite #1C and Trocheck is likely top30 center also. For the next four years Barkov's AAV is $5,9 millions and Trocheck's AAV is $4,75 millions. That is a great value for team that is trying to win.

Barkov is a player that every team would like to have. But his value is so high that trade including him doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Laus723

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I think Aho would be Canes 2nd center, not Teräväinen. Anyway, Canes would love this deal, Florida on otherhand would be raped with out lubricant..

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Barkov is by far the best player in this exchange and Carolina is getting him without even giving up Aho or Svechnikov?

Slavin is way better than Jacob 'career high 33 points and I miss 15 games a year, and I'm going to arbitration because I want to get the hell out of Winnipeg' Trouba.

I predict JetsHomer saying 'whatever, he was always overrated and shitty!' on the day they lose him for nothing.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Barkov is by far the best player in this exchange and Carolina is getting him without even giving up Aho or Svechnikov?

Slavin is way better than Jacob 'career high 33 points and I miss 15 games a year, and I'm going to arbitration because I want to get the hell out of Winnipeg' Trouba.

I predict JetsHomer saying 'whatever, he was always overrated and ****ty!' on the day they lose him for nothing.
Because the 34-point career high of Slavin's is groundbreaking, right?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Last year Trouba averaged 1.5 minutes of PP time per game. Slavin averaged 35 seconds.

The Jets scored 273 goals last year and the Canes scored 225.

So Slavin scores at a similar rate to Trouba on a much worse offensive team with 1/3 the PP time.

Not sure you are trying to combat the argument that Trouba is very often injured. In 5 NHL seasons Trouba has averaged 65 GP. If we are comparing the two Slavin has never missed a game he was eligible for in 3 years.

So Slavin scores at a similar pace without nearly as much PP time and on a team that scores 20% fewer goals. He plays ~20 more games per year. He is signed for $5.3 million x 7 years. Slavin is the same size and age as Trouba.

The only win I see for Trouba over Slavin is that he plays a more physical game whereas Slavin is a gap-control, active stick, positional defender. Game loses the big hits but gains consistency and longevity.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Canes would have to add in a Slavin for Trouba deal.
Do the Canes want another RHD?

Reactions: Snowman

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Do the Canes want another RHD?

Canes already have:
1) A much better #1 RHD in Dougie Hamilton
2) A good 1st pairing RHD in Brett Pesce
3) A great 2nd pairing RHD in Justin Faulk
4) A great 3rd pairing RHD in TVR

Canes are likely the least interested team in Trouba among the entire league.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Florida is not trading Barkov.

Ya really. The guy has reached the level of almost untradeable so there’s never going to be a trade agreed upon. Pieces like Trouba aren’t even in the same ballpark.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Maybe try to simply this and remove Winnipeg from the proposal as they don't sound interested.

Florida won't trade Barkov but if Staal is going back you wonder if they might trade Trocheck b/c Staal can take all the defensive matchups giving Barkov more Ozone starts and easier minutes. Obviously you'd have to add a big piece to Staal for the offensive downgrade they'd be taking at 2C so one of the Canes top Dmen. But then the Panthers are probably over cap so I don't see how you'd make it work and it would take a big overpayment.

Something like Staal 3m retained, Pesce 1m retained, + Fleury for Trocheck. But I don't think that deal happens from either side.

That's funny, I was kinda thinking the opposite. That I don't really get why you get Barkov AND Roslovic, and would both Winnipeg and Florida be better off leaving the Canes out of it? I do agree that Trochek is probably a more attainable asset than Barkov, though. That said a 2nd line of Laine, Barkov and Ehlers sounds amazing. I'd add more to get that done.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
That's funny, I was kinda thinking the opposite. That I don't really get why you get Barkov AND Roslovic, and would both Winnipeg and Florida be better off leaving the Canes out of it? I do agree that Trochek is probably a more attainable asset than Barkov, though. That said a 2nd line of Laine, Barkov and Ehlers sounds amazing. I'd add more to get that done.
What would you add. Let’s see this deal.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
@heilongjetsfan not that Florida is willing to trade either center but if Carolina offers Staal @ 3m Pesce at 3m and Fleury for Trocheck, as I listed, what can Winnipeg offer in addition to Trouba with 1 year on his deal to compare to that package for Trocheck much less Barkov?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Where did I say this? 7 years of Trouba > 7 years of Slavin.

Or did I miss where Trouba signed a 2 year contract? :rolleyes:

You can’t really say 7 years of Trouba > 7 years of Slavin without knowing the AAV of Trouba’s potential contract.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd rather have Slavin than Trouba (even signed).

But golly is this bad if you think Slavin gets Barkov, much less Barkov + Roslovic. Roslovic looks to me like he'll be a top 6 quality center very soon.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

Why would that be exactly? I'm not seeing any argument that supports that, especially when this was just posted :

Last year Trouba averaged 1.5 minutes of PP time per game. Slavin averaged 35 seconds.

So Slavin scores at a similar rate to Trouba on a much worse offensive team with 1/3 the PP time.

Not sure you are trying to combat the argument that Trouba is very often injured. In 5 NHL seasons Trouba has averaged 65 GP. If we are comparing the two Slavin has never missed a game he was eligible for in 3 years.

So Slavin scores at a similar pace without nearly as much PP time and on a team that scores 20% fewer goals. He plays ~20 more games per year. He is signed for $5.3 million x 7 years. Slavin is the same size and age as Trouba.

The only win I see for Trouba over Slavin is that he plays a more physical game whereas Slavin is a gap-control, active stick, positional defender. Game loses the big hits but gains consistency and longevity.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

Slavin is also defensively-elite, like top-5 defensive defensemen in the NHL.

I get that being in the Western Conference Jets' fans don't get to see Slavin much, but he's a whole different level defensively than the also very good defensively Trouba.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

2017-18, at 5v5:

Trouba: 1.22 P/60
Slavin: 0.88 P/60

2016-17:

Trouba: 1.29 P/60
Slavin: 1.03 P/60

That's not even close to a similar pace.

Slavin has the better contract and is just stupidly good defensively, but to suggest that Slavin is equal or better than Trouba offensively is just factually incorrect. It's not that Slavin is bad - averaging just under a point per hour is decent - but rather that Trouba's offensive capabilities are ridiculously underrated on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad