Proposal: Florida-Carolina-Winnipeg

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He was barely mentioned in the top 5 centers thread. that's all you need to know.

To be fair to OP Slavin gets that treatment to a lesser extent as well, but Barkov is a borderline top 10 player right now at 22. Florida should have three fairly solid lines this year so it'll be intriguing to see if this is the year he truly goes off

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Maybe try to simply this and remove Winnipeg from the proposal as they don't sound interested.

Florida won't trade Barkov but if Staal is going back you wonder if they might trade Trocheck b/c Staal can take all the defensive matchups giving Barkov more Ozone starts and easier minutes. Obviously you'd have to add a big piece to Staal for the offensive downgrade they'd be taking at 2C so one of the Canes top Dmen. But then the Panthers are probably over cap so I don't see how you'd make it work and it would take a big overpayment.

Something like Staal 3m retained, Pesce 1m retained, + Fleury for Trocheck. But I don't think that deal happens from either side.

Decent package, but Trocheck is very good defensively and can be a heart and soul guy. No reason to move him for a package and then try to figure where everyone fits in.

Barkov and Tro are Panthers for a LOOONG time. And it’s aweosme.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Really bad for Florida and Winnipeg. Carolina is the only one that benefits

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Guy says 2 years of Trouba > 7 years of Slavin
Guy then accuses other party massively overrating his own player

That irony is thicky thick as cornbread
Where did I say this? 7 years of Trouba > 7 years of Slavin.

Or did I miss where Trouba signed a 2 year contract? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Snowman

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Best off leaving Florida out.
To Carolina Trouba, Kulikov (if Carolina isn't on his 6 team no trade list) & Roslovic
To Winnipeg Slavin, McKeon & Canes 2019 2nd rounder

Slavin is a good LD but Trouba is a better RD & RD is the more valued position. Canes also get Kulikov to fill their RD/LD pairings.
McKeon is a decent RD prospect with 1 year left on his ELC while Roslovic is a C used as a W last year that already has 32 NHL games under his belt & has 2 years left of his ELC & the Canes need centers.
Hence the 2nd from the Canes.

This, of course, means the Jets need to re-sign Myers which eats more that the cap saved should Trouba come in @ even 6 but Kukikov gives that wiggle room.
Jets D ends up weaker as it leaves Morrissey without that shudown partner. Not great but I could live with it.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
To Carolina Trouba, Kulikov (if Carolina isn't on his 6 team no trade list) & Roslovic

Slavin is a good LD but Trouba is a better RD & RD is the more valued position. Canes also get Kulikov to fill their RD/LD pairings.
McKeon is a decent RD prospect with 1 year left on his ELC while Roslovic is a C used as a W last year that already has 32 NHL games under his belt & has 2 years left of his ELC & the Canes need centers.

This, of course, means the Jets need to re-sign Myers which eats more that the cap saved should Trouba come in @ even 6 but Kukikov gives that wiggle room.
Jets D ends up weaker as it leaves Morrissey without that shudown partner. Not great but I could live with it.

Canes already have Hamilton, Pesce, Faulk, and TVR on the right side. Why would they create a big hole on the left side in order to bring in a RD they don't need?

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Arent the Canes already trying to dump a RD? Why are they interested in adding another?

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Even if you believed Trouba was better than Slavin comparing 1D to 1D, Slavin is signed for $5.3 million x 7 years. Trouba is about to get more than that for 1-2 years and hit UFA. Their value isn’t close.

I wouldn’t be so sure he gets more than that. If he were signing a longer term deal then maybe, but doubtful on a 1 year.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Decent package, but Trocheck is very good defensively and can be a heart and soul guy. No reason to move him for a package and then try to figure where everyone fits in.

Barkov and Tro are Panthers for a LOOONG time. And it’s aweosme.

Agreed Florida should enjoy that duo for a long time and try to build around them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe try to simply this and remove Winnipeg from the proposal as they don't sound interested.

Florida won't trade Barkov but if Staal is going back you wonder if they might trade Trocheck b/c Staal can take all the defensive matchups giving Barkov more Ozone starts and easier minutes. Obviously you'd have to add a big piece to Staal for the offensive downgrade they'd be taking at 2C so one of the Canes top Dmen. But then the Panthers are probably over cap so I don't see how you'd make it work and it would take a big overpayment.

Something like Staal 3m retained, Pesce 1m retained, + Fleury for Trocheck. But I don't think that deal happens from either side.

Some Florida fans have the feeling that Trocheck will be the next C in Florida, and he's on a damm good contract.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
It’s definitely not bad for the Jets. I think basically anyone besides yourself could agree with that.
You should appreciate I tried to give the jets good value for their guy even though I think the majority of the fan base overrates his value big time.

But yes, more value should have gone to Florida

I'm not a Jets Homer and I think it's pretty bad for Winnipeg.

Interesting that you're claiming your opinion is definitely right and everyone would agree with you.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If I was a Panthers fan and the main piece coming back for Barkov was Trouba, I'd find a new team to cheer for. Pretty awful

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Winnipeg and Florida get beefed(I couldn’t think of a proper term that would suffice for how bad thi trade is) in this trade.

Last edited:

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Bad for Florida, there's just no way they trade Barkov.

How exactly is Trouba much better than Slavin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad