Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Blockbuster 3 way:

Carolina:
Gets- Barkov +Roslovic
Gives- Slavin + Staal + McKeown + Roy

Winnipeg:
Gets- Slavin + McKeown
Gives- Trouba + Roslovic + 2nd round pick (2019)

Florida:
Gets- Trouba + Staal + Roy + 2nd round pick (2019)
Gives- Barkov

This was the general framework of the trade I was thinking, but I know pluses will need to be added to even things out more smoothly.

My general thinking here:

Why Carolina does this- They give up their #1 d-man and their 2nd line center, but they receive a cup-caliber 1C in return (the hardest piece to acquire in hockey to acquire)- thus why I think there is an overpay, but a worthwhile one. The hope is that Teravainen or Necas can step into the 2C role behind Barkov, and that Fleury/Dehaan and Bean (eventually) would be good on the left side as Hamilton/Pesce is strong on the right (assumed Faulk gets dealt). Carolina also gets Roslovic who looks like a solid prospect for the Jets and could be a useful middle 6 guy in the future.

Why Winnipeg does this- There are a lot of rumors surrounding Trouba, and I think a trade like this is one of the very few outcomes where they get an upgrade in a Trouba trade. They also balance their d-core more as they currently have 3 very strong RHD and only 1 LHD. Slavin would become their #1d-man immediately, and he'd be an excellent partner for Big Buff. Also he is signed long term where as Trouba has a lot of uncertainty on his future with the jets. McKeown is a solid RHD prospect who could help soften the blow of losing a RHD in Trouba.

Why Florida does this- Yes they give up their 1C, but the idea here is that they turn their one elite asset into 1 good and 1 excellent piece. Trouba would sign long term in Florida and he would fit very nicely with Yandle. Florida has needed to buff their defense and adding a young top pair RHD would go a long ways. He also could help bring out more in Ekblad, as Ekblad could thrive more on 2nd line minutes. Panthers also get Staal so their center depth isn't weakened THAT much. Trocheck is capable of 1C duties and Staal would take the tough 2nd line shutdown minutes that could help shelter Borgstrom. They also get an extra pick and a good forward prospect in Roy.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
A decent proposal for one that involves a lot of young studs.

Florida declines everything that has Barkov's name in it, though. They are in no position to trade him, even with Trocheck in the roster and Staal coming back to somewhat patch the hole in terms of defensive prowess. Young Bergerons don't grow on trees.

Carolina should take that deal, although Slavin is such an amazing blue liner. Shedding that Staal contract might help at some point. For Winnipeg, the value is basically even, so I don't see any problems there.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Trouba > Slavin
Roslovic > Mckeown+2nd

Pass from the Jets
Im going to have to disagree. I think Slavin is a superior player. But when you consider contracts, its obviously Slavin. But I do think they are close

But then again, Im not sure why Im replying to the guy who's response is always to do exactly what his name is.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Trouba > Slavin
Roslovic > Mckeown+2nd

Pass from the Jets

Even if you believed Trouba was better than Slavin comparing 1D to 1D, Slavin is signed for $5.3 million x 7 years. Trouba is about to get more than that for 1-2 years and hit UFA. Their value isn’t close.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Stop the trouba proposals lol you will never appease the jets fans crazy expectations of what they can get for him.. it’s honestly a hf trend

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Im going to have to disagree. I think Slavin is a superior player. But when you consider contracts, its obviously Slavin. But I do think they are close

But then again, Im not sure why Im replying to the guy who's response is always to do exactly what his name is.
Your trade proposal is terrible for everyone not Carolina, maybe slow your roll calling out others for their user name forums poster “ColoradoCanes” lmao

Reactions: Laus723

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Your trade proposal is terrible for everyone not Carolina, maybe slow your roll calling out others for their user name forums poster “ColoradoCanes” lmao
It’s definitely not bad for the Jets. I think basically anyone besides yourself could agree with that.
You should appreciate I tried to give the jets good value for their guy even though I think the majority of the fan base overrates his value big time.

But yes, more value should have gone to Florida

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
It’s definitely not bad for the Jets. I think basically anyone besides yourself could agree with that.
You should appreciate I tried to give the jets good value for their guy even though I think the majority of the fan base overrates his value big time.

But yes, more value should have gone to Florida
It’s not bad value for the Jets if you massively overvalue the Carolina players, sure. Maybe don’t call others out for being bias when posting terrible proposals that only benefit your own team?

Just a thought :)

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
It’s not bad value for the Jets if you massively overvalue the Carolina players, sure. Maybe don’t call others out for being bias when posting terrible proposals that only benefit your own team?

Every thread where I've read your comments, the refrain is the same :

Jets are undervalued.
Every other team's players are over valued.

It is monotonous.

When I was in school, we had debates in English class and I had to debate positions I didn't agree with. The biggest positive that came out of this was learning to see situations from different sides.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Guy says 2 years of Trouba > 7 years of Slavin
Guy then accuses other party massively overrating his own player

That irony is thicky thick as cornbread

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Maybe try to simply this and remove Winnipeg from the proposal as they don't sound interested.

Florida won't trade Barkov but if Staal is going back you wonder if they might trade Trocheck b/c Staal can take all the defensive matchups giving Barkov more Ozone starts and easier minutes. Obviously you'd have to add a big piece to Staal for the offensive downgrade they'd be taking at 2C so one of the Canes top Dmen. But then the Panthers are probably over cap so I don't see how you'd make it work and it would take a big overpayment.

Something like Staal 3m retained, Pesce 1m retained, + Fleury for Trocheck. But I don't think that deal happens from either side.

Reactions: Spencer Wallace

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Trouba > Slavin
Roslovic > Mckeown+2nd

Pass from the Jets

Nope, even before considering contracts.

I'm impressed you included Slavin at least OP, but that's still not prying Barkov out of Florida. Everyone is finally starting to see how good he is but he's still gotta be hands down the most underrated player in the NHL

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Stop the trouba proposals lol you will never appease the jets fans crazy expectations of what they can get for him.. it’s honestly a hf trend
You're a smart cookie. You've been here since Wednesday and have already figured that out. Some people here never do... :thumbu:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Nope, even before considering contracts.

I'm impressed you included Slavin at least OP, but that's still not prying Barkov out of Florida. Everyone is finally starting to see how good he is but he's still gotta be hands down the most underrated player in the NHL
He was barely mentioned in the top 5 centers thread. that's all you need to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad