Proposal: Florida-Carolina-Winnipeg

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
jacob trouba best point share (points in standings above replacement level player): 5.9 in 13-14

Jaccob Slavin 2016-17: 8.6, 6.2 in his "down year" last year.

conclusion: slavin >>>>>>>> trouba ainec

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This seems like the summer when people have realized that there are two great centers in Panthers' roster. And now they are wanted... It would be cool tho if people had even an basic idea of the value of those two. Horrible proposal after proposal. (And then there were those Borgström proposals too that didn't make too much sense either. Specially Borgström to Habs seemed to be trend for a while...)

Barkov is not moving. He is too good player in a sweetheart contract. (Same goes for Trocheck.) Value-wise only trade with Barkov that would make sense even a little with Winnipeg included is that Scheifele is going other way. And even that doesn't make sense really. Barkov (and Trocheck) won't (or shouldn't) be moved for quantity. Florida needs quality of the same level. Barkov is elite #1C and Trocheck is likely top30 center also. For the next four years Barkov's AAV is $5,9 millions and Trocheck's AAV is $4,75 millions. That is a great value for team that is trying to win.

Barkov is a player that every team would like to have. But his value is so high that trade including him doesn't make sense.
You are right! Barkov is both one of the best and most underrated centers in the NHL. Of course every team wants him including mine.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I dunno, really. I'm not that familiar with Florida or their needs, so I'm really just spitballing. Trouba, Roslovic and a 1st would be my introductory offer, I guess.
Ignore needs. Try and find an offer that’s fair. Here’s a hint. This offer isn’t close.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
You asked, I answered as best I could. So maybe this is where you say "___ isn't enough. How about ___ instead." Or "that's close to Trochek value, let's start there." Or "I need a ___ who do you have?" Or "I don't know anything about this Roslovic kid, what can you tell me?"

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You asked, I answered as best I could. So maybe this is where you say "___ isn't enough. How about ___ instead." Or "that's close to Trochek value, let's start there." Or "I need a ___ who do you have?" Or "I don't know anything about this Roslovic kid, what can you tell me?"
You clearly aren’t getting the lesson. When you make a trade offer for a top 5ish center in hockey who is 22 and on a bargain contract, trouba, a prospect, and a first will get you laughed at.

Reactions: Jets2point0

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Too often in this ridiculous Trouba trades, a players term is not considered. FACT Trouba is two years from free agency. He has shown he going that route. So teams aren't trading young stars and players with term for Trouba. Especially teams that are out of the playoffs, Trouba's best value in a trade might be to a contender who wants immediate help for two years. If that's the case, maybe the Jets just keep him for two years as Trouba will help Jets with their Cup run. Why people think upcoming UFAs HAVE to be traded is beyond reason.

Reactions: Jets2point0

Ares

May 8, 2018
Trouba > Slavin
Roslovic > Mckeown+2nd

Pass from the Jets
I would be happy to get Slavin for Trouba but I agree with your 2nd point. Jets end up giving up more here than they get back, so no trade. Florida has no reason to give up Barkov either.

Reactions: BatVader

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
You clearly aren’t getting the lesson. When you make a trade offer for a top 5ish center in hockey who is 22 and on a bargain contract, trouba, a prospect, and a first will get you laughed at.
Not sure what the lesson was that I hadn't gotten before this post, Old Master, but I'm here to learn.

Also before you break out into your wiseman guffaws, it might be worth (very timidly) reminding you that the Carolina Hurricanes proposed this trade and got more from either of us than they gave out, so I propsed giving all the value directly to your team, and then improving on it and THEN pointing out that it was where I wanted to begin the conversation.

I won't point out that Corsica rates Barkov as the number 13C in the league and I also won't ask which of guys like Matthews, McDavid, Scheifele, Crosby, Kopitar, Seguin. Tavares, Malkin, Bergeron, MacKinnon or Thornton should be pushed out of the top-5 by Barkov.

Based on your seniority, which is apparent from your say-so, I wouldn't dare to wonder if you had any counter offer to bring forth. Hyperbole is all that I and my pathetic excuse for a city deserve.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Not sure what the lesson was that I hadn't gotten before this post, Old Master, but I'm here to learn.

Also before you break out into your wiseman guffaws, it might be worth (very timidly) reminding you that the Carolina Hurricanes proposed this trade and got more from either of us than they gave out, so I propsed giving all the value directly to your team, and then improving on it and THEN pointing out that it was where I wanted to begin the conversation.

I won't point out that Corsica rates Barkov as the number 13C in the league and I also won't ask which of guys like Matthews, McDavid, Scheifele, Crosby, Kopitar, Seguin. Tavares, Malkin, Bergeron, MacKinnon or Thornton should be pushed out of the top-5 by Barkov.

Based on your seniority, which is apparent from your say-so, I wouldn't dare to wonder if you had any counter offer to bring forth. Hyperbole is all that I and my pathetic excuse for a city deserve.
I know at least one person he passes on your list.
C2C2D4EC-9361-4962-80C1-FBEC6A2617B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad