Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I think maybe too much is being read into who wasn't at this camp. If you ask me this was more like a spring orientation camp. The vets rarely participate in those. Can't really compare this to a normal camp because it isn't that by any stretch. Don't let the troublemakers get you all wound up. I have been permanently blocked by the mods from seeing The crazy cat ladies posts but when you guys quote her I see them in the email notifications. I see she's up to her usual tricks. Don't buy in she is just trolling you guys like always. Hockey gossip is like mean girl gossip and should be ignored.

Always trolling, has never come here with anything legit. Shes probably 0 for 30 by now.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Gretz and Lombardi got Vaccinations late and thats why away from camp.
Morgan wants out.
Keppen AHL.

Grainer didnt report??

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Grainer surprised me, kid with 1-2 games of action, looked like a piece of the future when he signed.

Keppen was featured in some social media post leading up to camp, before he signed. So it sure seemed like he was planning on coming back until he got an offer.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Keppen was featured in some social media post leading up to camp, before he signed. So it sure seemed like he was planning on coming back until he got an offer.
Going into Year 2, Kyle Keyser was very prominent in everything the 'Birds did...Social media, public appearances, promotional materials, was even on one of the three banners hanging on the outside of the arena. Then.....a no show at camp.

(Which reminds me....somebody PUHLEEEEZE take down the one remaining banner that's hanging on the arena. It's sunfaded and tattered and looks like S#!T !!!)

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Going into Year 2, Kyle Keyser was very prominent in everything the 'Birds did...Social media, public appearances, promotional materials, was even on one of the three banners hanging on the outside of the arena. Then.....a no show at camp.

(Which reminds me....somebody PUHLEEEEZE take down the one remaining banner that's hanging on the arena. It's sunfaded and tattered and looks like S#!T !!!)

You are right there, but Keyser was doing that all spring, he went quiet over the summer tho.

Kepper was literally in the locker room 3 days prior to signing.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015

Keyser wasn't a no show. He was traded. Week before the trade he autographed my season ticket holder cards and lanyards at the open house.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Any billet families on this? Has Meredith Hamo resigned her position? She is no longer listed on the Staff roster for the Firebirds.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
I think they will have a young, quick and skilled lineup.

D has 4 experienced players, and 4 rookies including Import NHL pick and high drafted 04 and 05s.

Cavallin should be good tender this year.

Fwds comprise of good top 9 talent with Othmann and if Import reports, and Kressler, Panwar, and some nice camp surprises i have been hearing of.

They should be competing for final 3 playoff spots in the West, but should be built for next year and year after.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

D has 4 experienced players, and 4 rookies including Import NHL pick and high drafted 04 and 05s.

Fwds comprise of good top 9 talent with Othmann and if Import reports, and Kressler, Panwar, and some nice camp surprises i have been hearing of.

They should be competing for final 3 playoff spots in the West, but should be built for next year and year after.

I thought the consensus was the import forward would not be making it over here after he signed another deal in his home country.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021

Curious, who were the nice surprises at camp?

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
05 Dmen Bertucci and Petrovicki and goalie Day were very good, along with the Wang kid.
04 Dman D'amato had good camp and fwd Petrou exceeded expectations.

Line of Panwar, Hayes and Petrou looked very good and effective.

Deline and Terry should provide some senior help on back end and help rookie dmen.

Kressler as good as usual, along with Giroux being an offensive spark plub.

Othmann at camp will infuse motivation when he returns to team.

Kuzmin will also provide much needed spark to balanced team.

Cavallin should be good, but dont know if he can handle 55-60 games??

Gretz expected to provide senior leadership, and Lombardi should fight for top centre spot.

Reactions: MJ5 and E27914

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
05 Dmen Bertucci and Petrovicki and goalie Day were very good, along with the Wang kid.
04 Dman D'amato had good camp and fwd Petrou exceeded expectations.

Line of Panwar, Hayes and Petrou looked very good and effective.

Deline and Terry should provide some senior help on back end and help rookie dmen.

Kressler as good as usual, along with Giroux being an offensive spark plub.

Othmann at camp will infuse motivation when he returns to team.

Kuzmin will also provide much needed spark to balanced team.

Cavallin should be good, but dont know if he can handle 55-60 games??

Gretz expected to provide senior leadership, and Lombardi should fight for top centre spot.
Thank you for the input being that we are not hearing much from the team. However, with no one allowed at practice, how do you come to these conclusions?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

who are the 4/5 players @OHLInsiders is talking about??

The only 1 anyone knows is Morgan.

Everyone else showed up in camp. Besides Gretz, but it was mentioned his was related to his vaccine.

And maybe Peyton Grainer, but he's literally played 1-2 games in the OHL.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Thank you for the input being that we are not hearing much from the team. However, with no one allowed at practice, how do you come to these conclusions?
Went to Blue White game and spoke to fans.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020

who are the 4/5 players @OHLInsiders is talking about??

London has 17 fwds and 10 dmen signed.
I can promise you that at least 4-5 would want out of London or any other team that has a crowded room.

Can OHL Insiders list the 4-5?

OHL Insiders, tell us something we dont know.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad